When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- rtjl said Part of your plans should include your neighbors....
- moon1234 said BOB: Three VHF radios, with separate AA battery p...
- La Sandia said Wonderful! And, if I remember correctly, one of H...
- Denis Crnkovic said Ave, Mr Pedantic Classicist: The “canes yale...
- acricketchirps said [FILL IN BLANK]? You mean like [MOTHER IN LAW]? ye...
- everett said My father is yooper. Prayers for all there in the...
- Sonshine135 said I’m a native Yooper. I was baptized in Marqu...
- Sonshine135 said I have a camp stove and fuel within reach along wi...
- Pedantic Classicist said Wow, good stuff, thanks for posting, Father Z. T...
- Thom said Chantgirl, I think you’ve hit the nail on th...
- chantgirl said I just have to shake my head at the monumental was...
- george said I got my BS from Michigan Tech, Bp. Sample’s...
- Julian Barkin said Please their little meeting is laughable. We know...
- Max said I agree, let’s send this good Shepherd a tha...
- ChrisRawlings said The Italians weren’t the only ones missing....
- Denis Crnkovic said Res jocosa! Beautiful ecclesiastical pronunciation...
- Henry Edwards said And from the Harvard Gazette article, the picture...
- Max said Re “I wonder: Perhaps the Italians have fig...
- Elizabeth D said Oh my goodness, what a hoot.
- SanSan said Prior to the vote in Ireland, hardly a word from B...
- Fr_Sotelo said Heartfelt congratulations, prayers, and best wishe...
- Spooky said Welcome to Michigan, Father!
- Kathleen10 said Benedict Joseph, I am going to look up the paintin...
- benedetta said “Oh, how do you solve a problem like Maria?&
- Grateful to be Catholic said Marquette in the UP! Soon-to-be-Fr. Ferguson must...
- Muv said Venerator – here is the goldfinch’s wi...
- Pnkn said Gasp. After assuming that parents and godparents a...
- Supertradmum said How beautiful. Catholicism is and has been for ove...
- kimberley jean said I recently saw a feminist leaning young woman marr...
- KateD said First, the Saint Patrick’s Day parade and no...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Of Disasters, Preparedness and You
- Conspicuous absence from the recent “shadow council”
- Juventutem member gives Latin oration at Harvard
- Blog problems
- My View For While: Yooper Edition
- Another bishop thinks Catholic teachers should be role models
- Christological well… not quite… Edulcorated Goldfinch Alert!
- ASK FATHER: Father wears the chasuble for everything he does
- Corpus Christi, Maiden Lane – wonderful things happening!
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Of snakes and Ireland
- Ireland… What is Ireland?
- Sign up for ‘Summorum Pontificum’ Pilgrimage to Rome with Fr. Z (19-29 October)
- IMPORTANT: Closed pre-Synod planning session held, “shadow council”
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail
- Ordination Anniversary – VIDEO
- Jihad Brides
- Of the dropping of rose petals
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Tuesday – the protection of our hearts
- WDTPRS: Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself (1962MR)
- Brick by Brick: A priest says first public Extraordinary Form Low Mass
- Let this be a warning to all of us!
- Damian Thompson on the Irish Betrayal
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Challenger Edition
- 3rd Glorious Mystery: Descent of the Holy Spirit
- Netflix’s “Daredevil” is Catholic
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- My View For Awhile: Tuna Edition
- Great moments with Card. Sarah!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 11 May 2011
First, the following people were added – since last time – for the Wednesday Mass for benefactors following the Fishwrap Protest.
JV, MM, TM, JS, JM, MG,
SK, DL, DS, MB, NG, KR,
BF, DS, MK, AB, SN, ST, ACO
My deep gratitude.
In the … Continue reading
There are virtually always many sides to the story when it comes to the bad governance of a parish or diocese, heck, any human endeavor.
Here is another view of the Diocese of Toowoomba, whence Bp. William Morris was recently removed … Continue reading
In the “Outer Rim Territories” section of the Galactic Empire Times, we find this article. My emphases and comments.
Be sure to go to the GET and spike their stats.
Obi-Wan Kenobi Is Dead, Vader Says
By DEN DHUR and HALLIS SAPER
Published: May … Continue reading
Giving an ultimatum in public to a Cardinal Archbishop when you are a priest of the diocese entrusted to that that Cardinal Archbishop, would, I believe, be considered by most priests to be at the level of daft. One might … Continue reading
Friday, 13 May… Our Lady of Fatima and Universae Ecclesiae.
Chill the Widow.
In the meantime… have some Mystic Monk Coffee…. or Tea! Their shipping is pretty fast.
In the meantime… remember this from the great Vincenzo?
Ten years ago there was a conflict over the appointment of a Catholic priest as chaplain for the U.S. House of Representatives. Recently, a Catholic priest, a Jesuit was appointed as chaplain for the U.S. Senate.
Former speaker pro-abortion Rep. … Continue reading
I am comparing the forthcoming Instruction Universae Ecclesiae to a baseball no-hitter, rather than a perfect game.
What would be the equivalents for perfect game and no-hitter in other sports?
I am especially interested in analogous accomplishments in cricket and in soccer/football … Continue reading
The cat is out of the bag.
The Instruction is called Universae Ecclesiae and it will indeed be published very soon. There is an embargo on the text until 12 noon Rome time 13 May, at which time I will offer … Continue reading