Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
US Hardcover - HERE
UK Hardcover - HERE
US Paperback - HERE
UK Paperback - not yet
- If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 RSV
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- Filipino Catholic said @VSL “And enjoy some Papal paintball?”...
- Venerator Sti Lot said stephen c, I just read that it is estimated “...
- Filipino Catholic said @Semper Gumby Alas! From what you’ve written...
- stephen c said Akita – of course you are correct. Cardinal...
- Akita said The night before the Al Smith dinner one of the ca...
- AnnTherese said Kaine represents the majority of US citizens’...
- Lucas Whittaker said Well, if you take the advice of C.S. Lewis, that f...
- Kerry said “…a clarion call to change the policie...
- Ages said SenexCalvus: The time to work for a better roster...
- stephen c said Father Murray’s comments are right on point....
- excalibur said Not voting, or a vote for a third party, or write...
- aliceinstpaul said Actually, complete clarity at this point would req...
- kiwiinamerica said Trial balloon. “Let’s trash Pius XI an...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Semper Gumby, What wild things you know! Is Hanco...
- Venerator Sti Lot said “Heck, if there are enough retired Popes at...
- kurtmasur said “I cannot imagine that Benedict does not kno...
- Michael said SenexCalvus: I agree that there is no monopoly on...
- SenexCalvus said I completely agree with what Father said about abo...
- iamlucky13 said “I’ve never seen the sense in wearing the ca...
- Tom A. said So which Pope am I suppose to assent to? Pius XI&...
- benedetta said Nothing really says “establishment politics&...
- wolfeken said Great words, indeed. Although the only way this w...
- ChgoCatholic said Well said. Wish all the leadership of the Church w...
- Absit invidia said . . . or not look too hard to find its message wit...
- LarryW2LJ said Like Ellen, I plan to vote early in the day. Howev...
- Henry Edwards said From the book’s prologue: “‘You...
- wmeyer said I had pre-ordered on 15 July 2015, and it arrived...
- capchoirgirl said What a beautiful tabernacle veil! We have a veil a...
- wanda said Beautiful. The last 3 photos look like fine paint...
- paladin said The contrast between this, and “Amoris laeti...
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Without you, there is no blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Art by D Burkart
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18
"Where priest and people together face the same way, what we have is a cosmic orientation and also in interpretation of the Eucharist in terms of resurrection and trinitarian theology. Hence it is also an interpretation in terms of parousia, a theology of hope, in which every Mass is an approach to the return of Christ."
Joseph Ratzinger - The Feast of Faith"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting. — C. S. Lewis
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Some OBLIGATORY reading…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Fr. Murray on Hillary’s anti-Catholic distortions at Al Smith Dinner
- More Wikileaks emails about lib machinations tied to the Clinton campaign
- WDTPRS – 30th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “E ‘n la sua volontade…”
- UPDATE on Reginald Foster’s ‘Ossa Latinitatis Sola’ – Request for old Ludi Domestici
- Pius XI is back on the job after a nice vacation
- Archbp. Naumann on VP candidate and ‘c’atholic quisling Tim Kaine (D-VA)
- Venice Days 2-3: Bones, fabrics and views
- Benedict XVI commented again on turning toward the ‘East’ for liturgical worship
- ASK FATHER: Can the bishop forbid the cassock?
- REVIEW: Robert Harris – Conclave
- Bp. Morlino on marriage, sex craziness, the election, and “eschatological awareness”
- Venice – Day 1-2: Of Mark and Mud-bugs
- ASK FATHER: Why are good priests so afraid of “stirring the pot”?
- Archbp. Sample on ‘Amoris laetitia’: conscience isn’t a law unto itself
- Florence – Day 5-7: Red meat and musea
- Hillary: ”I admire Margaret Sanger enormously… there are a lot of lessons we can learn from her”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Man regularly takes Hosts home from Mass
- Fr. Sirico on the Clinton’s campaign view of the Church
- WDTPRS – 22nd Sunday after Pentecost: The Battle For The Mass
- WDTPRS – 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – Pregnancy and Glory
- Fishwrap rots from the head down
- Are you hurt, disoriented, frustrated about what’s going on in the Church? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- NYC 16 & 18 Oct: Talks by Fr. John Hunwicke on great topics
- Rome-Assisi – Day 4-5: Francis, Prayer and Exile
- Feingold (D-WI): Hillary Might Issue Executive Order on Guns
- An Archbishop speaks: “What should Catholics do when we vote in November?”
- Rome Day 3-4: sculpture and spies
- The Anti-Catholicism of the Clinton Campaign
- Reginald Foster’s 1st Latin book FINALLY out!
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Daily Archives: 11 May 2011
First, the following people were added – since last time – for the Wednesday Mass for benefactors following the Fishwrap Protest. JV, MM, TM, JS, JM, MG, SK, DL, DS, MB, NG, KR, BF, DS, MK, AB, SN, ST, ACO … Continue reading
There are virtually always many sides to the story when it comes to the bad governance of a parish or diocese, heck, any human endeavor. Here is another view of the Diocese of Toowoomba, whence Bp. William Morris was recently … Continue reading
In the “Outer Rim Territories” section of the Galactic Empire Times, we find this article. My emphases and comments. Be sure to go to the GET and spike their stats. Obi-Wan Kenobi Is Dead, Vader Says By DEN DHUR and … Continue reading
Giving an ultimatum in public to a Cardinal Archbishop when you are a priest of the diocese entrusted to that that Cardinal Archbishop, would, I believe, be considered by most priests to be at the level of daft. One might … Continue reading
Friday, 13 May… Our Lady of Fatima and Universae Ecclesiae. Chill the Widow. In the meantime… have some Mystic Monk Coffee…. or Tea! Their shipping is pretty fast. In the meantime… remember this from the great Vincenzo? 07/07/07
Ten years ago there was a conflict over the appointment of a Catholic priest as chaplain for the U.S. House of Representatives. Recently, a Catholic priest, a Jesuit was appointed as chaplain for the U.S. Senate. Former speaker pro-abortion Rep. … Continue reading
I am comparing the forthcoming Instruction Universae Ecclesiae to a baseball no-hitter, rather than a perfect game. What would be the equivalents for perfect game and no-hitter in other sports? I am especially interested in analogous accomplishments in cricket and … Continue reading
The cat is out of the bag. The Instruction is called Universae Ecclesiae and it will indeed be published very soon. There is an embargo on the text until 12 noon Rome time 13 May, at which time I will … Continue reading