Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- SKAY said Praying for you Father.
- Cathy said Lord Jesus, I pray this day that Father Zuhlsdorf,...
- Mr. Green said Cajuncath: The pope has made a crop of disturbing...
- Uxixu said I’ve been reading the Rule of the Templars w...
- Uxixu said Though I suppose they ARE a barrier, though I gues...
- Uxixu said @Wiktor my parish (built in 1960) has a marble alt...
- Patrick-K said Don’t overextend yourself. Have a hot whiske...
- Mr. Green said Fr. Z: But don’t trumpet the fact and don’t look...
- LeslieL said Ahhh….I’m sorry. Certainly sending pr...
- lsclerkin said Just prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet for you. In L...
- Mr. Green said CrimsonCatholic: Why do so many Catholics read eve...
- APX said iudicame, Fasting is pointless if by doing so it m...
- Montenegro said Will do!
- Eugene said Just said a Hail Mary on your behalf Father. Pleas...
- McCall1981 said As always, you have my prayers. Hope you feel bett...
- UncleBlobb said Praying here, and get well soon, Father dear.
- frjim4321 said I would concede that it is an improvement although...
- yatzer said Of course, fervent prayers for you.
- frjim4321 said ” … exclusive presence … “
- lsclerkin said Confession Stations Holy Mass (TLM) rosary Holy Ho...
- tbakker said frjim4321 Oh, by the way, in which paragraph of t...
- Philippa Martyr said PS I note with approval that the comfy chairs have...
- Philippa Martyr said A restoration, not a wreckovation! Huzzah! People...
- Mr. Green said Wolfeken: At some point we need to stop blaming “t...
- frjim4321 said Clever. Donohue (the phony expert) quotes the Joh...
- jhayes said Here are the 1979 CDF “Observations” o...
- pannw said His book, Human Sexuality, suspended all moral jud...
- Mike said Couldn’t use the popup in either IE or Chrom...
- Obumbrabit said Plugin got stuck so I downloaded it, but even that...
- Obumbrabit said I am listening every day. Thank you Father.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 13 May 2011
WDTIRS: Universae Ecclesiae 21: Drilling into the Latin and English (training of priests and seminaries)
A question came in about what the Instruction Universae Ecclesiae really says, in paragraph 21.
Since we look at texts here, lets see UE 21.
21 – Ordinarii enixe rogantur ut clericis instituendis occasionem praebeant accommodatam artem celebrandi in forma extraordinaria acquirendi, … Continue reading
If perhaps the Conference of England and Wales won’t be enthusiastic about Universae Ecclesiae I read this with pleasure from the site of Peter Jennings:
Fish on Friday re-established by the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales
By Peter Jennings · … Continue reading
I have been watching Twitter about Universae Ecclesiae. Anna Arco, the persistent feature writer of the UK’s best Catholic Weekly (full disclosure – they print my stuff each week), quotes the reaction of His Excellency Most Rev. Vincent Nichols, Archbishop … Continue reading
Benedict XVI is a kind man of generous spirit. His desire to bring healing to a Church divided in every sphere if its life, and to lend to all, both on the liberal and the traditional side, a better … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a couple of questions [Looks like more than a couple.]
!. In regards to Breviarium Romanum. “Summorum Pontificum gives clerics the faculty to use the Breviarum Romanum in effedt in 1962, which is to be prayed entirely … Continue reading
This is USS JFK docking in Malta.
To get an idea of the size of this aircraft carrier, compare the nearby buildings.
Click for larger image.
Technorati Tags: Malta, USS JFK
Everyday seems to bring a surprise and a newcomer.
Behold: Passerina cyanea.
Indy is wary. But he really likes millet. A few days ago I filled a long empty canister feeder with millet hoping to catch the first arrivals and keep them … Continue reading
It is a momentous day. It is the Feast our Our Lady of Fatima, the day of the release of Universae Ecclesiae, the day of the last broadcast of Smallville.
Yes, friends, the young Clark Kent finally becomes Superman.
I was pretty … Continue reading
I had a note from a reader with a list questions. It is a brief list, without any rambling, so I won’t ramble either.
First, UE 28 is the (soon-to-be infamous) paragraph with the derogation of liturgical practices that came into … Continue reading
Since Universae Ecclesiae is going to reshape somewhat the playing field, and since there will now be additional motivation to ask questions about how to do things the Extraordinary way, it occured to me to remind you about some helpful … Continue reading