- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Supertradmum said I know many priests who use their tablets for the...
- unavoceman said Guess I’ll have to join the choir :)
- CatholicLiving said “I’m sorry, but anyone who uses any sort of...
- mamajen said People bring up good points about listening device...
- DavidR said Being an unreconstructed ossified manualist, I ten...
- ronrule said I have no problem with tech in church. But I gotta...
- wolfeken said I’m sorry, but anyone who uses any sort of a...
- OrthodoxChick said Here’s a link to the full GQ interview. Fai...
- Beau said FWIW, electronic devices in the confessional are a...
- unavoceman said Funny this comes up…I was using my iPhone Missal a...
- majuscule said I have not watched the program–no TV recepti...
- Mulier Fortis said Is it possible he might have been starting to say...
- Absit invidia said I’ve also never watched the show and found t...
- unavoceman said Can’t help myself… - NUN BuS -Buckle U...
- Supertradmum said Well, he was rude and crude in the article, and hi...
- acricketchirps said Well, there’s liberals and then there’...
- dmreed said ‘Third, the guy … “Phil”? – from what I hear...
- StnyPtGuy said Hello Father: Or, as Uncle Si might put it: Hey Fa...
- TraditionalCatholicGirl said Apparently A&E suspended the guy not because h...
- AndyMo said Third, the guy … “Phil”? – from what I hear – made...
- Sonshine135 said Thanks Father.
- Sonshine135 said Father, I too have stayed out of commenting on thi...
- Bryan D. Boyle said Not a viewer, either, so, my opinion is just one o...
- Spade said “These are the days when the Christian is expected...
- Joe in Canada said And the homosexualist movement has added a new wea...
- Nancy D. said To deny The Word of God, Is to deny The True God;...
- MAJ Tony said Speaking of Camille Paglia, of whom you recently p...
- StJude said Phil never said black people were better off under...
- disco said It seems to me that A&E has overplayed its han...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said When the player “sticks”, try reloadin...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Hell’s Bible and a Secular Apotheosis: another lesson in our “culture war”
- QUAERITUR: Father had an iPad in the confessional!
- Comments on the Duck Dynasty controversy
- ADVENTCAzT 20: 3rd Friday of Advent – “in front of him stands The Tempter…”
- The Feeder Feed: Yes, another XPGF and The Eyes have it
- Cracks in the liberal adulation of Pope Francis
- ACTION ITEM! Help the Nuns on the Bus!
- QUAERITUR: Can I change my voice to fool the confessor?
- Hint: It ain’t Mozart.
- Pope: Curial officials should hear confessions
- ADVENTCAzT 19: 3rd Thursday of Advent – His domain is oecumenical
- Invention to help hearing-impaired make a good confession
- My View For Awhile
- Judge gives relief to Archd. NY against the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- Pat Archbolds’ Open Letter to Pope Francis on Franciscan Friars
- ADVENTCAzT 18: 3rd Wednesday of Advent – religion has dissolved into an emotion, but…
- Pope approves canonization of St. Peter Faber, waiving the usual process
- Fatherless homes a key factor in school shootings, teen delinquency
- 17 Dec: 77th Birthday of His Holiness Pope Francis
- ADVENTCAzT 17: 3rd Tuesday of Advent – The innermost core of the mystery of Christmas
- VIDEO Islamists Attack Towering Christ Statue in Syria, Bomb Monastery
- Must read: Camille Paglia on feminist disrespect for men
- St. David, king, prophet, sinner, penitent – 16 or 29 Dec?
- NEW Z-SWAG: “I am a Self-Absorbed Promethean Neopelagian and proud of it.”
- QUAERITUR: Ember Day coincides with feast day
- ADVENTCAzT 16: 3rd Monday of Advent – hectic commercialism, hushed mystery
- Buy Soap from Dominicans… NOW. No. Really! TODAY!
- Kindle book by Pope Francis FREE today, Sunday [UPDATE: Still not too bad.]
- Peter O’Toole: R.I.P. Fr. Z POLL
- Pope Francis’ new interview: damage control on “trickle down” economics?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“The Saints are not supermen, nor were they born perfect. They are like us, like each one of us. They are people who, before reaching the glory of heaven, lived normal lives with joys and sorrows, struggles and hopes. What changed their lives? When they recognized God’s love, they followed it with all their heart without reserve or hypocrisy. They spent their lives serving others, they endured suffering and adversity without hatred and responded to evil with good, spreading joy and peace. This is the life of a Saint. Saints are people who for love of God did not put conditions on him in their life; they were not hypocrites; they spent their lives at the service of others. They suffered much adversity but without hate. The Saints never hated. Understand this well: love is of God, then from whom does hatred come? Hatred does not come from God but from the devil! And the Saints removed themselves from the devil; the Saints are men and women who have joy in their hearts and they spread it to others. Never hate but serve others, the most needy; pray and live in joy. This is the way of holiness! Being holy is not a privilege for the few, as if someone had a large inheritance; in Baptism we all have an inheritance to be able to become saints. Holiness is a vocation for everyone. Thus we are all called to walk on the path of holiness, and this path has a name and a face: the face of Jesus Christ.”
- Pope Francis, Angelus, 1 Nov 2013
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 29 May 2011
Again, in regard to the dust up in the Diocese of Kansas City -St. Joseph, over at SERVIAM there is a very good proposal, couched in the no-nonsense language we like around here at WDTPRS.
In Support of Bishop Finn
by RJS … Continue reading
It was a tea day, with an equivocation.
First, I shifted a Fukien Tea I picked up for a song at, of all places Sam’s Club, into a bonsai tray sent by a reader here some time ago, chosen from my … Continue reading
From a reader:
I experienced something today at Mass I’ve never experienced before.
When the collection basket got passed around and I put nothing in, the lady sitting next to me “tsk’d” me.
I’m a student with no money, and I just finally … Continue reading
I wonder if we have gotten to a point in the wealthy West where the erosion of culture and mores is so advanced that the notion of fatherhood is simply an option. In vast swathes of society fathers … Continue reading
When I was seven, I discovered Shakespeare. Ever since his works have never been far from my reach. In my seventh year I was given sets of LP records with some of the greatest actors in the world reading the … Continue reading
Remember the Tumult in Toowoomba? Bp. Morris, removed from governance of the diocese after years … strange stuff?
Cardinal Pell says Bishop Morris sacking ‘a tragedy’ but also ‘a useful clarification’
By David Kerr
Sydney, Australia, May 28, 2011 / 04:58 pm … Continue reading