Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- revueltos67: “The re should really be clarificat ion from the Archbishop as to his reasons. 8221; Clarificat ion: “I am the cardinal archbishop , I do not need to give reasons for any...
- Catholic Roman: There is neither joy nor love in the way Fr. Phillips has been treated by a prelate who is considered world expert on proper interpreta tion of the Joy of Love (aka Amoris Laetit...
- tho: In all seriousnes s, we need to root out all who are making a mockery of Holy Mother Church. There are definitely good Bishops, but to get rid of the bad ones, Cardinal McCarrick should be...
- Kenneth Wolfe: HvonBlumen thal wrote: “Would it not help if clergy were required to wear proper cassocks at all times? An SSPX priest of my acquaintan ce tells me it is a remarkably effective aid...
- bobbird: And is this quote correct? When sent mighty sufferings , St. Theresa of Avila asked the Lord, “Why ?” And the answer was, “I only send these crosses to my closest frien...
- Benedict Joseph: Not in the least surprised by this — his exoneratio n or the fact that he remains in the dock, there surely is a brutal irony that a priest cleared of charges endures margi...
- John Grammaticus: Upon reflection there are many things that I could say about Cadinal Cupich that cannot be printed, suffice to say that his public actions can only lead me to conclude that he...
- francophile: I lost a very dear priest friend who was treated horribly by McCarrick. He was a good man… and now lost to the Church and to the world because of this bishop. Out of respect for...
- teomatteo: Charles, i respect you too much (i always read your comments) to not repond here at the end and say i was kidding about the NASA staging thing. I am not an “ant i-satelite ”.
- LeoWong: Unlike Fr. Phillips and Padre Pio, we who haven̵ 7;t been given orders needn̵ 7;t be quiet. “Som eone should write a book.̶ 1; Meanwhile, the stones will cry out.
- mike cliffson: Reuters? Rooters
- The Astronomer: St. Padre Pio had the notorious Abp. Gagliardi unjustly persecute him. Fr. Philips has Cardinal Cupich. ’nuf f said.
- Ages: The letter doesn̵ 7;t even say that he was exonerated ; in fact it implies the opposite.
- Eoin OBolguidhir: No one should be surprised. My offering from March: “Don ’t be naïve. It will not be quick. The PROCESS is the PUNISHMENT . Guilty or innocent’s got nothing to do with it....
- bobbird: A tough call … I have been tempted to embarrass bishops by picketing the chancery. We have done it at “Cat holic̶ 1; hospitals that violate medical ethics too numerous to...
- fuquaysteve: I am confused 8230;I thought mercy was at the core of the heirarchy of the Church.
- anna 6: Why is there no mention in this letter that the priest has been exonerated ? If I recieved this letter I would have assumed that he was found guilty based on the decision of the archbishop .
- Paliakas1: There was no media at the 7:30 mass. Father Thelander said mass. During announceme nts all that was said was to note the letter that was included in the bulletin. As a long time parish...
- TonyO: Sorry, meant to say “the Church is not a democracy, anywayR 21;. Got my nouns mixed.
- TonyO: Don’ t know that anything I have to say is original – so many of the comments above are quite correct. We should pray for McCarrick, his soul is in danger. But we (the Church)...
- Amerikaner: Can he file with a canon lawyer to eventually undo the Cardinal 8217;s position?
- Gregg the Obscure: “Ble ssed are they that suffer persecutio n for justice 217; sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and...
- Dismas: A psalm comes to mind – “Sup er flumina Babylonis illic sedimus et flevimus, cum recordarem ur Sion… ;” I remember how it ends too. Queuing Palestrina .
- Kathleen10: This is an outrage, and an obvious political hit. The minions are no longer concealing their animus cautiously , they make it crystal clear. And why not, they have acted with impuni...
- Caesar: I had the good fortune to be able to attend a conference last October put on by the Catholic Art Guild and hosted by Fr Phillips and St John Cantius. During his speech following the dinner...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- 30 years a priest, 60th birthday – a priest’s first real Solemn Mass! Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Reuters and @PhilipPullella create fake news, pit Francis against Trump
- Fr. Phillips of @SJCantius will NOT be allowed to return to public ministry after he was exonerated
- Concerning Card. McCarrick
- URGENT UPDATE – Fr. Phillips EXONERATED! UPDATED!
- Dubious dubia about the Dubia
- JUST TOO COOL: SPACE FORCE!
- ASK FATHER: What can the acolyte do and wear?
- Day 1 #ActonU – Getting Started – Days and Deaths
- “Disinformation” and some notes about the World Council of Churches
- Catholic? Why?
- “Perdonamose!” Midsummer Snails, John’s Birthday Feast and You.
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: The South
- Pres. Trump and the Brown Scapular
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Pentecost: “HEY YOU!” *smack*
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Surprise article at Commonweal about participation in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Speaking of Eucharistic Processions…
- WDTPRS: 11th Ordinary Sunday – ‘firmness’ and ‘infirmity, ‘intention’ and ‘action’
- QUIZ: What is this thing? – SOLVED!
- “The finest rosaries I have ever seen” have… returned! – UPDATES
- GREEN! Photos of green vestments for Solemn Mass in production, and a pitch
- 14 June – Elisha, Old Testament Prophet: salt, bears and you.
- READER FEEDBACK to post: Why we Say The Black and Do The Red
- ASK FATHER: Validity of sacraments from a schismatic priest
- A great restoration @CathedralStPaul
- Terrific photos of traditional rite ordination in England!
- Concerning @JamesMartinSJ talking at Vatican @LaityFamilyLife sponsored @WMOF2018
- BEER @MONKSOFNORCIA PROGRESS
- Your Sunday Sermon Note Belated
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Monthly Archives: May 2011
I saw on the site of Andrea Tornielli that Card. Lehmann of Mainz considers Pope Benedict’s provisions in Summorum Pontificum to be foolish.
That is the only conclusion you can come to, and it is my conclusion, if you consider his … Continue reading
I have a question for knowledgeable readers.
I pulled open a computer and found this graphic/video “card”
Can someone bring me up to speed on something?
Can I pull a video card out of another computer, a card with dual heads, and plug … Continue reading
We need something a little lighter right now.
And since I am angry at a dog at the moment … more the dog’s owner… here.
Try this. If you don’t laugh, you’re…. you’re… a Fishwrap subscriber.
I’ll bet you would get the same … Continue reading
National catholic Reporter, Fishwrap, has an editorial today in favor of the ordination of women.
Whom did they consult as their expert? The deposed Bishop of Toowoomba, William Morris. And for their theological “insights”? You decide. I have my own ideas.
Their … Continue reading
UPDATE 26 May 0305 GMT:
From a reader:
Seeing today’s post on the new tiara made me remember that there is a list in the papal Caeremoniale Romanum of the days, other than the Pope’s coronation, when the tiara is actually used:
Quattro … Continue reading
If you don’t ask for miracles, miracles won’t be granted.
At Palazzo Apostolico of Paolo Rodari there is a story that the present editor of the Vatican’s newspaper L’Osservatore Romano was healed when he was little through the intercession of St. … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, comes this news.
Archbishop calls off Methodist ordinations
By David V Barrett on Wednesday, 25 May 2011
The controversial proposed ordination of Methodist ministers in Liverpool’s Metropolitan Cathedral in July has been called off.
On … Continue reading
I saw a filmette by Michael Voris related to the issue of eulogies and funerals and lack of adherence to Catholic teaching and scandal and the frustration of priests, etc.
Here is a little poll just to get a sense of … Continue reading
Sad news from NASA:
NASA Concludes Attempts to Contact Mars Rover Spirit
The full version of this story with accompanying images is HERE.
PASADENA, Calif. — NASA is ending attempts to regain contact with the long-lived Mars Exploration Rover Spirit, which last communicated … Continue reading
Our California preacher has admitted that he screwed up his calculations. Imagine!
Now that he has some more time on his hands, he has revised and extended.
21 October 2011.
Having watched trends in the combox, I will remind oldsters and prompt newcomers about a few points I prefer to see.
In no special order:
You must be registered to comment.
The software that scans for spam has become more restrictive. Sometimes it … Continue reading
From a deacon about to be ordained priest:
What would you consider an ideal size for an amice? If it helps, I use
46 L suits.
PS I will be ordained to the priesthood this upcoming Saturday 28th.
Would you remember me in your … Continue reading
Did you see the analysis by George Weigel about the John Jay Study? I am just getting to it. Weigel makes good points for National Review Online.
My emphases and comments.
May 19, 2011 4:00 A.M.
Priests, Abuse, and the Meltdown of a … Continue reading