You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- CatholicCoffee said Animadversor, I will add you to my rosary intentio...
- av8er said Dang, hit “post” too soon: Poorly cate...
- av8er said My Pastor does NOT like latin nor the EF. There i...
- Athelstan said Hello Sam, Yes, rejected 1998 ICEL translation is...
- mbabc123 said Praise God for the new translation! The old transl...
- dn.philip.mathew said With all due respect to my Catholic friends, I bel...
- benedictgal said Considering that Fr. Ruff was behind this survey,...
- Sam Schmitt said For most of the critics of the new translation, th...
- Animadversor said Please pray for me as I deal with very grave inter...
- Athelstan said gjp, That’s the translation of the collect i...
- Mamma B said “I eagerly await the foundation of the Presi...
- lampada said APX said: I know there’s also an intrinsic conn...
- newyork said The survey seems deficient. First, only 32 of 178...
- Vox Laudis said For the upcoming pastoral re-assignments in our di...
- gjp said http://www.walsingham-church.org/site/Liturgical_N...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The 1973 ICEL example Fr. Z cites seems to be some...
- OrthodoxChick said mamajen, He’s such a cutie!! I love the tie...
- frjim4321 said I was at a very large con-celebrated mass today du...
- gjp said I became an altar boy in 1987 in the diocese of th...
- bookworm said Speaking of being prepared, I recently stumbled ac...
- e.e. said The news showed some cell phone video footage that...
- Fr Martin Fox said Catholic Hokie: The practice you describe–us...
- FXR2 said Father z, When I was an altar boy in the...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said This probably won’t matter much to most peop...
- Suz. from Oklah. said Not only is Oklahoma a praying state, but it’...
- StJude said mamajen… oh my that is one cute baby!!! Cong...
- Andkaras said I have regretfully never had one of such” re...
- Athelstan said As an aside, Fr. Z’s inclusion of the new an...
- Charles E Flynn said My experience: A priest who, before the new transl...
- The Egyptian said I have been thinking along this line for a while,...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Monthly Archives: May 2011
From a reader:
My friend was just ordained to the Diaconate, and will be ordained to the Priesthood next year. This leaves me with a question regarding etiquette when addressing him now, and then later when he’s a priest.
Being that we’ve … Continue reading
You have probably seen news about the case of a priest in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph who had photos from different sources, some he took, of children.
Bp. Robert Finn is taking some heat about Fr. Ratigan, a bloke … Continue reading
The Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate created an app for the 1962 Breviarium Romanum. It is now available, FREE, for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
This may be a way for some of you to get more familiar with the … Continue reading
I have been trying to recapture some verve for cooking. The kitchen hasn’t been very interesting lately.
But yesterday, with the help of a couple donations which came in for my 20th anniversary of ordination, I picked up some groceries and … Continue reading
Here are a few screenshots from the live Z-CAM which I have running again. I still have some technical problems, but it is running. I have chaplets of the Rosary in Latin, prayers for the Pope, and other prayers.
And I … Continue reading
You may have seen this yesterday.
POPE ENTRUSTS ITALY TO VIRGIN’S PROTECTION
VATICAN CITY, 27 MAY 2011 (VIS) – Yesterday afternoon in the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, Benedict XVI presided over the praying of the Rosary together with the bishops of … Continue reading
From a reader:
Is it proper to hold Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament in a classroom at the high school when 30 feet out the back door is the church and our Perpetual Adoration Chapel, where the Blessed Sacrament is exposed … Continue reading
During the preparation of the new translation, some defenders of the old way of doing things, the so-called “dynamic equivalence” method of translation, carped about the new goal of greater accuracy would be tooo haard for people in the pews. … Continue reading
The National Catholic Reporter reports the death of their editor in chief and publisher.
Joseph Feuerherd, NCR editor in chief and publisher, died this morning after an 18-month battle with cancer. He was 48. Funeral arrangements are pending.
Feuerherd died at 8:41 … Continue reading