Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Gail: The priest talked about the convent of nuns killed right before the end of the French Revolution . Nothing about the scandal per se, but it was all about what our faith is really about, and...
- Gail: And yes, I think they’ ;re awful and tacky. But they are not demonic.
- Gail: This is just silly. As someone who used to do a lot of calligraph y and was interested in Celtic knotwork, I can assure you that’ ;s a common symbol in Celtic art. While, like most...
- daughteroflight: My priest preached about the homosexual network and the infiltrati on of the Church by communists and homosexual s starting in the 1920’ ;s. It wasn’ ;t new informatio n...
- oakdiocesegirl2: At St Joseph the Worker Berkeley, CA, we said farewell to Father Raphael, who is from the Democratic Republic of the Congo. He had been completing his doctorate these past 5 years....
- Dismas: Only if you can work in a reference to the Village People. In all seriousnes s, I would advise against it, on the grounds that all the world is starved of beauty. That and the inten...
- bartlep: There are a lot of bishops — how many have written pastoral letters on this scandal?
- nine man morris: Ours was the TLM with the 10 men. The priest went through St. Thomas Aquinas’ parts of the virtue of gratitude. He emphasized how we should be greatful in human, social interac...
- teomatteo: EF mass. Detroit. Hell.
- Wendy Babiak: I reread your comments about that image needing to be waved in homohereti cs’ faces, and decided to add it to the title of my poem.?
- chantgirl: No reason that this can’ t be bad art and bad theology at the same time. We probably can’ t rule out a prank either. I remember when The Little Mermaid came out on VHS, and...
- Dismas: Regardless of which side, we all know who the heir of the “Sea mless Assless Chaps̶ 1; is. He does not disappoint ! As much as I am obligated to loath those south of the Cheddar...
- NBW: Looks like Cupich is more of a politician than a prince of the Church. God Bless Bishop Morlino for speaking the truth! CupichR 17;s letter is more like a CYA letter to the flock with...
- Wendy Babiak: Thank God, THE Good Shepherd, for good shepherds. We would be truly lost were the Holy Ghost not always working in some who wear the garb. Thank you, Father, for the gold star, and...
- Michael Haz: We are traveling this week and attended a NO Mass in a small town in the northern reaches of our state, in a parish we have visited previously . The pastor is a guy in his early-t...
- Fr Martin Fox: FrJim: For the second time, I ask, what is this “ter rorizing 8221; you speak of? If you mean blowing up the homes of sinful priests, why, I agree with you, this must not...
- ChrisP: May God have mercy on Cupich – its not too late. Although, I can’ t wait for the investigat ions to spread across the pond into the German “ube rmensch 221;.
- Glennonite: I note that the Lavender Mafia takes the specific liturgical color for penance: violet; and then twists it into an unrepentan t lavender.
- Supertradmum: Archbishop Scicluna of Malta, who forced the Chilean bishops to resign, as the expert on sexual abuse cases, has been appointed by the Pope to go to the United States and investigat e...
- Mike: Father distinguis hed four purposes of a Gospel passage such as that of the ten lepers: literal, allegorica l, moral, and eschatolog ical. I don’ t recall everything he said about each,...
- frjim4321: I wasn’ ;t commenting on propriety of such relationsh ips, rather commenting that those will be targeted as if they pertain in any way to the failure of the policers to police...
- Elizabeth D: There̵ 7;s no age appropriat e sexual activity outside of valid marriage. Priests who consider sexually active celibate priests to be acceptable offend Christ and His Mother and...
- Joy65: PLEASE listen to Father Larry Richards 8217; 7 minute homily from this morning. He was abused and he has the answer. https://th ereasonfor ourhope.or g/2018/aug ust-19-201 8-20th-...
- Prayerful: Fr talked of how the Gospel for the thirteenth Sunday has an utterly obviously literal meaning in respect of gratitude yet it can be read spirituall y, that the leprosy can be seen as...
- Charlotte Allen: @ChesterFr ank: Thanks for the heads-up on Haftina! The difference between the chasubles that Haftina shows on its website and those modeled in that “fas hion show” ;...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Letters of Bishops compared. Quite a contrast.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ACTION ITEM! Help the nuns complete their beautiful monastic church!
- URGENT: HIDEOUS about SYMBOL on pastel vestments for World Meeting of Families in Dublin @WMOF2018
- Letter of @BishopMorlino of @MadisonDiocese concerning the present crisis
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: invisible love, pulsing with longing
- Terrific movement of prayer for priests: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Archbp. Cordileone’s Letter to the people of @ArchdioceseSF Fr. Z kudos and a mini-rant.
- Wherein Fr. Z offers one of the hardest posts he has ever written – UPDATED WITH YOUR COMMENTS
- PROPOSAL to all the Bishops of these USA for your November 2018 Meeting
- Card. Burke interviewed by Raymond Arroyo. The Cardinal’s advice.
- Insightful observation about Pope Francis – UPDATES!
- ASK FATHER: Lethal force against homosexual aggression in seminary?
- Search within the text for the word “reparation”. Zero.
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to a wedding at an SSPX chapel?
- Yeahhh… this is exactly the right time to dress our clergy in pastels.
- The Rite of Degradation From The Order of Priesthood. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr Z calls for solidarity
- The PA Grand Jury Report
- AN OPEN APPEAL TO THE CARDINALS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
- ASK FATHER: Your questions weigh heavily
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: “I now have doubt about sorting the doctrinal from the papal opinion.” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Faithful, active women religious. Where to go?
- St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, ham radio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media!
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Beans in a bottle, and Beans in a bubble.
- A Tale of Two Churches
- Your Good News – Mass for Benefactors
- Non-Catholics and Catholics alike wonder about changes to CCC 2276 on death penalty
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATE: Photos of seminarians Solemn Mass
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 1 June 2011
Just a reminder that the month of June is traditionally dedicated to foster devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
You might give consideration to what you may do in your own devotional practices.
Don’t be afraid to be pious.
We lose nothing … Continue reading
Those of you in the area of NYC, can go to Holy Innocents in Manhattan (37th btwn Brdwy & 7th) for a Solemn Mass in the Extraordinary Form (would that I were celebrant!) tomorrow evening, Thursday.. Ascension THURSDAY.
Thursday evening at … Continue reading
The ever alert long-time reader HE alerted me to a piece for your Brick By Brick file in Our Sunday Visitor.
We are here concerned with the Instruction Universae Ecclesiae about the provisions of Summorum Pontificum and the real necessity of … Continue reading
We know with holy and Catholic Faith that what was not assumed, was not redeemed (St. Gregory of Nazianzus – +389/90).
Our humanity, body and soul, was taken by the Son into an unbreakable bond with His divinity.
When Christ rose from … Continue reading
Fewer questions in this twittering world burn at hot as the proper Latin terminology for Twitter.
In a couple places, for example on the entry about the Z-Cam and Radio Sabina, I have suggested that Latin for “tweet” as in the … Continue reading
Summorum Pontificum was a great gift to priests and, through priests, to their congregations.
I have written many times that when priests learn to say the older, Extraordinary Form of Holy Mass in the Roman Rite, they are changed by the … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald:
Cardinal Burke withdraws from London conference at last minute
By David V Barrett on Wednesday, 1 June 2011
Mystery surrounds the unexpected withdrawal of Cardinal Raymond Burke as the main speaker at a conference … Continue reading
From a reader:
Every time I start or enter conversations with non-catholic people, the moment I ask : “Why do you think this?” or say: “I don’t understand, please explain.” in response to a statement, it will be handled as an … Continue reading
May I recommend to Catholic business owners…
If you want to support vocations to the priesthood, one way to do so would be to find or offer summer jobs to seminarians.
I would like to redirect your attention to a fascinating post over at Damian Thompson’s place.
He has written about a … well… here is the first part as a tease to get you to go over there and read the … Continue reading