- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- kpoterack said “But my question is: what’s the fuss about?...
- LadyMarchmain said Lisa, StJude, BenKenobi: We are all in the same b...
- Bob B. said Since federal law doesn’t want to be discrim...
- Priam1184 said @The Chicken: You’re right, I could care le...
- notenoughflair said Curious that this comment came up right about the...
- CatholicMD said The Pope is going to have to start to clarifying s...
- Vecchio di Londra said I think it might transform the NO for the better i...
- HighMass said What a great Interview…..for a Cardinal who...
- Magash said Just saw the head of the Chamber of Commerce infer...
- Priam1184 said Yeah Father, you can’t even see the water an...
- The Masked Chicken said “multiplying attacks on sports, on football&...
- Hans said @McCall1981 Not speaking about it publicly is not...
- McCall1981 said @ kpoterack Thanks for posting those links, they a...
- q7swallows said Oh, I just hit the play button from the main blog...
- q7swallows said I relish these, Father, although I cannot seem to...
- tcreek said If the link to Catholic Culture in my post above d...
- tcreek said Communion for divorced and remarried Catholics wou...
- Rancid said “To me, though, the whole thing is rather si...
- Ben Kenobi said “I frankly I don’t see how a remarried coupl...
- Ganganelli said I’m totally confused by this but sometimes i...
- Ben Kenobi said “They, i.e. e.g. the German bishops, do not...
- TheAcolyte said PS: there is no prohibition (or restriction) on a...
- OrthodoxChick said Praying for all of you here, and certainly, our de...
- TheAcolyte said It is clearly stated in all contemporary rubrical...
- The Masked Chicken said “The Eucharist is not a prize for the perfec...
- St. Epaphras said Another “two cents’ worth” by on...
- frahobbit said “But I say to you, that whosoever shall put away h...
- Ben Kenobi said “What about all those people who DID NOT get...
- Ben Kenobi said Father Z: I’m one of those folks who would s...
- Andrew said And today’s Latin tweet from Pontifex_ln rea...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Obamacare, your taxes, and “gender reassignment” surgery. Fr. Z rants a little.
- VIDEO Interview with Card. Burke on EWTN – on Francis, the Ap. Exhortation, Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday of Advent – “the childlike dash towards the long-desired thing”
- ADVENTCAzT 13: 2nd Friday of Advent – “the trees of the wood will clap their hands”
- Communion for divorced/remarried. Ed Peters on what’s at stake.
- QUAERITUR: Maniple on straw-subdeacon?
- TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM! Defend 2nd Amendment against Pres. Obama and UN Arms Treaty!
- On fear of the priest
- Another state bans abortion in Obamacare plans
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1st Year Anniversary of @Pontifex
- ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine Monks of Norcia: great end of year donation option!
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 3 June 2011
I wrote this yesterday, and sent it to the blog from my phone, but it just didn’t post.
Yesterday I was at a luncheon held by priests for a friend of many years, Fr. George Welzbacher, who is today celebrating his … Continue reading
Clerics! Seminarians! Rejoice!
I received a new book for review from the Canons at St. John Cantius in Chicago.
This is a book they prepared.
Here is the LINK. Before I even tell you about it, it costs US$275.
Worth every penny.
This is a … Continue reading
Pay attention to what happens in Italian Church politics and developments.
The intrepid Andrea Tornielli today reports that Angelo Card. Scola (Patriarch of Venice), and not Gianfranco Card. Ravasi, (Pres. Pont. Council for Culture) is on the short list to be … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to this great PC and PIXEL cartoon.
We have moved into the period between Ascension THURSDAY and Pentecost during which we, as a Church, pray in a particular way for the help of the Holy Spirit.
If we … Continue reading
For your Brick by Brick File.
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald comes this, with my emphases and comments.
A major centre for Eucharistic Adoration and the Old Mass? It’s the latest episcopal surge forward
Bishop Davies is striking a … Continue reading
Via CMR (you can read the rest there):
Freedom of speech is DOA in the USA folks.
A federal judge has ruled that nobody at a high school graduation can use religious terms like “prayer” and “Amen.”
So, remember that whole thing … Continue reading
Here is something for all of you anywhere near that toddlin’ town Chicago:
Join Most Rev. Robert Morlino, Bishop of Madison, and the Canons Regular of St. John Cantius for the 12:30 pm Tridentine Pontifical High Mass on the External Solemnity … Continue reading