- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Subdeacon Joseph said @ Uxixu It is not enforced because to do so would...
- Joe of St Thérèse said I’m with you subdeacon Joseph…let us n...
- Uxixu said @Subdeacon No need to be so defensive as context...
- tzard said This is case of someone being a busybody. It sho...
- Venerator Sti Lot said “De gustibus non disputandum” (with va...
- Philmont237 said My dad (a newly ordained permement deacon) gave hi...
- Subdeacon Joseph said I am a married priest who always wears the cassock...
- GCC Catholic said I am a recently ordained priest (6 months ago), an...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Shooting the messenger is not always the best idea...
- Charivari Rob said To the one or two who asked – particular req...
- robtbrown said Ed the Roman, I almost mentioned the military uni...
- mplangley said I agree with Netmilsmom. It would have been bette...
- zag4christ said We celebrated the Mass of the second Sunday in Adv...
- Sandra_in_Severn said “Work with what you have, not against it....
- Lavrans said May a permanent deacon wear a cassock? I am discer...
- Sandra_in_Severn said Sadly our pastor did a hagiography on the late Nel...
- disco said You know who else hates cassocks? Satan
- penitentman80 said Up late studying for law school exams, so I missed...
- dominic1955 said I liked it in St. Louis where the permanent deacon...
- JKnott said We have a permanent deacon in our OCDS community w...
- Lori Pieper said With Fox, you have to expect a news piece (op-ed)...
- RJHighland said To me Shaw has just been expressing the same thing...
- Nan said Of course they’re black with a white collar!...
- semperficatholic said Oh Nan, how funny. I started to say something conc...
- Ed the Roman said robtbrown says: Ed the Roman says: Jesus never sai...
- hockeyCEO said According to the posters in here, if you write an...
- ktfaith said The priest at the Novus Ordo Mass we attended actu...
- Sonshine135 said I went to the Solemn High Mass in Extraordinary Fo...
- Mike said Everytime I see a priest in a cassock I am re-affi...
- kimberley jean said Keep wearing the cassock but don’t make the...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 15 June 2011
I’ve been a Bruins fan for a long time.
Just to give this little hockey sweater some scale… my shoes.
And I don’t have particularly large shoes.
This little wool sweater would have shrunk a little, I think, but nevertheless I have been … Continue reading
First, may I ask you to pray for the repose of the soul of a priest friend of mine, who died yesterday. I am grateful to those of you who remembered my intention in the novena leading up to Pentecost.
Please … Continue reading
I have been watching on a live stream something of the USCCB meeting going on in Seattle right now.
This morning, there was a presentation about a document being prepared on the importance of preaching.
I still find it odd to see … Continue reading
It is nice to see that the Holy Father is still using his red, straw “saturno”, or “cappello romano”.
This is from the Wednesday Audience today.
Technorati Tags: cappello romano, hats, saturno
ACTION ITEM! READERS! BLOGGERS!
In the Metropolis section of the WSJ there is a piece about the legalization of same-sex “marriage”. Archbishop Dolan of New York is featured in the article. There is a POLL about the legalization of same-sex … Continue reading
I remember reading a story about the moving of a large church building in the USA, from the north to the south. I can’t remember the details, but I am sure one of you will.
Let’s imagine together for a bit, … Continue reading
Late is better than never.
From CNA with my emphases and comments.
Catholic leaders rip ‘ludicrous’ article that argues celibacy causes abuse
By Marianne Medlin
Denver, Colo., Jun 15, 2011 / 06:00 am (CNA).- Catholic leaders are calling a recent National Catholic Reporter [aka … Continue reading
Yet again, a sacrilegious “Western Mass” was celebrated in Austria with the approval of Card. Schoenborn, Archbishop of Vienna.
This happened again, in pretty much the same way. despite the fact that it happened last year.
Technorati Tags: Card. Schoenborn, Vienna, Western … Continue reading