Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- monstrance: To have Archbishop Viganò taken out by the Lavender Mafia would not help their cause. He is already a hero – they don’t want to make him a martyr. Besides, the cat is already out...
- scotus: Father, I have a confession to make. On Sunday I went to Mass at a church run by Jesuits. There was nothing untoward about that Mass itself but just before the final blessing a Jesuit made...
- hwriggles4: Church is worship, not entertainm ent. Some of my Protestant brethren have told me that they too are turned off to the “hap py clappyR 21;, “let ’s be cool” ;,...
- Prayerful: Pope Francis as Fr Bergoglio SJ was something of a supporter of the Galtieri junta. The claims that he betrayed two slum priests were denied five years ago, and originated with a radical...
- Prayerful: Is Fr Z being a bit harsh? Ignatius Press publishes many useful and worthwhile works, and new school chapel for a Jesuit secondary or High school in Tampa, Florida (http://ww w.newli...
- roma247: It really is crucial that we start to take a long-term view of the situation we are in. I find it easy to believe, as many others do, that this truly is the final crisis, and that the...
- Fr_Andrew: I say the EF Mass once or twice a week for some Dominican Sisters. My reading of the 1960 rubrics suggests that while in their chapel I must follow their calendar and not my own, there...
- Sawyer: Just another example of a Jesuit priest in good standing with his religious superior and having the support of the cardinal archbishop who has given him faculties in his archdioces e. Mind...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): When priests pull these stunts, there needs to be immediate, on-the-sce ne pushback from the pews. We shouldn’t worry about being disrespect ful or desecratin g the Mass:...
- Elizabeth D: I am going out on a limb and say that I think this has to do with a natural kind of gut reaction that some sex abuse victims have to the calls for doing penance for the perpetrato rs....
- Elizabeth D: I saw that Dr Peters comments on her proposal that men who have been victims of sex abuse be screened out because it is a risk factor for becoming an abuser. I only glanced through his...
- frmgcmma: When our Lady of Fatima appeared six time, she smiled just once. When? After the children had been exhorted many times to “mak e sacrifices for sinners 221; and they used a piece...
- Joe in Canada: I presume that Fr James will not be doing any prayer or fasting as he has not committed any of these sins. I pray the Divine Mercy chaplet with others who choose to join me on Friday...
- Dan: Satan has liked that post and will likely be retweeting it repeatedly though his lackeys of course. At what point do we pull his Catholic card? I admit, I can do penance, and fasting for the...
- Suburbanbanshee: Jesus was innocent too. I guess that whole “die to save us from sin” was a bad plan? If you don’ t even believe the fundamenta ls of Christiani ty, why are you...
- Il Ratzingeriano: http://www .marcotosa tti.com/20 18/09/18/l agenda-per -la-chiesa -normalita -di-adulte rio-omoses sualita-se sso-libero -e-nozze-g ay/ Marco Tosatti has a terrifying summary of...
- Dan: I think it is important to remember that this is not a Church issue. Sexual deviancy is an issue that has permeated our society so deeply that it has even penetrated deep into the heart of the...
- Dan: Mary is right that the laity are angry. I am angry. I am not angry that this abuse has once again resurfaced through. I am glad for that. I am angry and fearful that like so many other issues,...
- Colm: From Fr. Augustine Thompson, O.P. (http://do minican-li turgy.blog spot.com): Q: May priest members of the Dominican Laity use the Dominican liturgical books of 1962? A: There are very few...
- padredana: I’m not sure about Dominicans Tertiaries , but I can speak about Benedictin e Oblates. I am a priest Oblate of the Monastery in Norcia, and we are allowed to insert St. Bened...
- PetersBarque: What is now known is the fact that damnable sins were committed for decades right under our noses by wicked wolves in sheep̵ 7;s clothing, none of whom have yet to howl one...
- Mother Seton: Akita, that wasn’ ;t Jimmy Stewart. Spencer Tracy.
- semperficatholic: My granddaugh ter was married on this Feast Day. Most brides and grooms bring flowers to Our Lady during their wedding, but my granddaugh ter chose to take her flowers to a niche...
- un-ionized: KateD, purple is every little girl’ ;s favorite color, and some adult girls, including me. Don’ t let peripheral issues poison your likes and dislikes.
- JonPatrick: To be honest I don’ t care much about the other Gay Mafias, I don’ t watch TV other than baseball and I expect the world to be a cesspool. What bothers me is the way our...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- More Jesuit idiocy
- Henry Sire: “Archbishop Viganò is now living in fear of his life, quite literally.”
- One Mad Mom spanks James Martin, LGBTSJ
- ASK FATHER: Can a Dominican Tertiary priest use the Dominican Rite?
- Lay Rage in Chicago, Mary Eberstadt takes names, and Fr. Z rants
- There are more than one “lavender mafia”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS – 17th Sunday after Pentecost: diabolical contagion
- We are all, I think, striving to understand how we got to the point where we are.
- ASK FATHER: What should we do for Ember Days?
- UPDATED – ACTION ITEM! 10 year old’s fundraiser for a Pregnancy Care Center
- At end of youth meeting, no Apostolic Benediction from Francis.
- Francis to clergy, seminarians, religion in Palermo: “Clericalism… one of the most difficult perversions”
- UPDATE: 15 Sept: Seven Sorrows of Mary, Mater Dolorosa, Queen of Martyrs – Queen of Clergy
- @BishopZubik announces traditional practices for @DioPitt
- Bits and pieces
- WDTPRS – 24th Ordinary Sunday: Does it make any difference to offer prayers to God?
- Videos and hi-res photos of the Consecration of the Abbey and Abbess of Gower
- UPDATED Mary, Queen of the Clergy holy cards with Daily Prayer for Priests – AVAILABLE!
- Of Friday and festive penitential Pesto fit for a King
- BOOKS RECEIVED: A hard look at Francis in Spanish by Argentinian author
- 14 Sept: 11th Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum – Thank you, Benedict XVI!
- Morning After Pill of UK ‘c’atholics – @The_Tablet – falsehood about @BishopMorlino
- IRONY! Francis calls 2019 meeting of bishops on Feast of St. Peter Damian
- A prayer for your confessor, the priest to whom you are about to make your confession
- UPDATES! URGENT TO BISHOPS OF @RaleighDiocese @diosav @DioceseChas @archatl @CatholicNewsCLT
- #HurricaneFlorence, the Carolinas, and You (extraction, security, etc.)
- My View For Awhile: From the Starfield, back to Benghazi
- The Viganò Testimony: Was it justified or was it a violation of an oath?
- Francis: Uncovering sins of Bishops is work of Satan. UPDATED!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 30 June 2011
Were Charles Krauthammer to run for President I might just vote for him. Just think of the great press conferences and State of the Union addresses.
Yesterday, Dr. K had provide Special Report on Fox News Channel a blistering and at … Continue reading
From 17-18 June in England there was an “Invocation Weekend“.
Here is a shot that causes, at least caused me, a double-take.
His Hermeneuticalness has more on the event.
L’Osservatore Romano is going for baroque.
Now about that … content.
The Winona (Minnesota) Daily has an opinion piece about the defense of true marriage, and the attacks on true marriage by proponents of relationships that are contrary to nature.
My emphases and comments.
Dick Houck: Marriage based on children, not love
By DICK … Continue reading
Just a couple shots.
The young Orioles are still around.
They fight over the grape jelly.
You lookin’ at me?
From Agence France-Presse:
China detains Vatican-backed Catholic priest
(AFP) – 6 hours ago
BEIJING — Chinese police detained a Vatican-backed Catholic priest and blocked his ordination as a bishop, a parishioner said Thursday, in a move likely to raise tensions with the Holy … Continue reading
Tim Drake, a columnist for the National Catholic Register (Register – Good. Reporter – Bad.) has 14 points for how to make your parish more self-centered.
(The point is: Parishes should not be self-centered.)
Here are the points. You can read his … Continue reading
This came in my email from American Needs Fatima.
Caution: blasphemous material.
Please protest the Southern California Premiere of the blasphemous show Jerry Springer: The Opera, which is full of profanity, impurity and blasphemous content, such as
The … Continue reading