Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Andrew Saucci said “No one knows all of what he’s doing, accord...
- robtbrown said frjim4321 says: [It doesn’t surprise me that you r...
- pfreddys said I used to complain about the pontificate of St. Jo...
- BenedictXVIFan said And now this. http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/art...
- The Cobbler said If you assume that one thing will follow another w...
- joan ellen said As world and church events continue on their curre...
- Pnkn said Oh, how I wish the Catholic writers now deceased o...
- joan ellen said Geoffrey: Thank you for the link. I happen to like...
- Giuseppe said At least Donald Trump stays on message. Google #t...
- SKAY said Tricia said- “It has ALWAYS been about getti...
- acardnal said Grateful to be Catholic, know problem. I mean NO...
- marcelus said Oddie,another first world writter who think has a...
- Grateful to be Catholic said What I really meant to say, acardnal, before the a...
- Clinton R. said The pontificate of Pope Francis has been like no o...
- Elizabeth D said People may want to see this really interesting pos...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Patience, acardnal. Your app will get it right ev...
- Martial Artist said The so-called “compassion” of Planned...
- juergensen said It is a disgrace that after 2,000 years of unambig...
- oldconvert said For a minute there I thought I had clicked on the...
- Elizabeth D said Fr Byers is the best (anyway he is a most fascinat...
- frjim4321 said “You really think lowering the age of consen...
- rafferju said thanks Saintjude6 saved me from having to reply al...
- SaintJude6 said frjim, It’s pretty laughable that you try to...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Tony P, yes, we all know all about that. The Chris...
- frjim4321 said [It doesn’t surprise me that you react in this way...
- Gratias said Thank you Father Z for this teaching.
- Benedict Joseph said Confused? I have used that descriptive for myself...
- acardnal said . . .or “preparatory”
- acardnal said “Predatory” should read prepatory abov...
- Geoffrey said Time magazine (shockingly) published a very good l...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Down with pews! Away with them! (104)
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service? (34)
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants. (33)
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then… (30)
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies? (30)
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope? (25)
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences (24)
- Even For Fishwrap a new low (21)
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio – CONTACT SCHEDULING POST (15)
- Another good pre-Synod resource in defense of the family (14)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ACTION ITEM! Getting TLM things for a priest
- WDTPRS – 14th Sunday after Pentecost: healths, hands and the finger
- Confused about Pope Francis? You have company!
- He’s back! Fr. Byers returns from silence
- Diminishing Returns: Feast of the Beheading of John the Baptist
- Another good pre-Synod resource in defense of the family
- Even For Fishwrap a new low
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then…
- Huge petition askes Pope Francis for clarity about marriage
- How St. Augustine came to be in Hippo
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- The Bones of St. Augustine
- St. Monnica avoided alcoholism
- ACTION ITEM REMINDER: Birettas for Seminarians
- St. Monnica: “put my body anywhere”
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences
- Pope John Paul – The Pope People Forget To Remember
- ASK FATHER: What documents are needed for us to marry?
- Down with pews! Away with them!
- ASK FATHER: Does a declaration of nullity mean a marriage never existed?
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies?
- My View For Awhile: Drought Edition
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service?
- Guess what Gospel reading is on the Sunday during the Synod.
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio – CONTACT SCHEDULING POST
- Sept-Nov 2015: Relics of St. Maria Goretti in these USA!
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope?
- WDTPRS – 13th Sunday after Pentecost: “E ‘n la sua volontade è nostra pace!”
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Monthly Archives: June 2011
The chairman of the USCCB’s subcommittee for the Promotion and Defense of Marriage has reacted to the Gov. Cuomo’s and the NY state legislature’s promotion of the legalization of contrary-to-nature unions. This is the USCCB press release: BISHOP CORDILEONE EXPRESSES … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Reverend Donald W. Trautman has attained the distinguished age of 75 years. In accordance with the Code of Canon Law, he has submitted his letter of resignation. When his resignation will be accepted is a matter for … Continue reading
Do you have some good news for all of us? Something small from me: on a hot, muggy day iced sun tea goes down very well. Also, Irohamomiji is finally unfurling with some zeal. Try some of your own sun … Continue reading
From Zenit with my emphases and comments. Archbishop Nichols on Priests and the Mass “We Don Vestments to Minimize Our Personal Preferences” LONDON, JUNE 25, 2011 (Zenit.org).- Here is the text of a homily given by Archbishop Vincent Nichols at … Continue reading
A reader sent: Saw your post today – we are also doing a 60 hours adoration for Pope Benedict. Click HERE or HERE. 60 hours of Eucharistic adoration Join us in marking the 60th anniversary of Pope Benedict XVI’s priesthood … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to a very good initiative in the Archdiocese of Denver. 60-Hour Adoration Details Why: To mark the 60th anniversary of Pope Benedict’s priestly ordination What: 60 hours of eucharistic adoration to pray for priests and priestly … Continue reading
H.E. Most. Rev. Nicholas DiMarzio, Bishop of the Diocese of Brooklyn, has reacted to the passage of the legislation to redefine marriage so as to equate marriage with contrary-to-nature unions. My emphases and comments. Today, Governor Andrew Cuomo [I am … Continue reading
Sometime ago I think I posted a photo of this watch. I just ran across it again as I am doing some tidying and tossing. Just for fun!
The Canonical Defender, the great Ed Peters, has opined about the scandalous, aggressive, public support given to contrary-to-nature-unions by NY state Gov. Andrew Cuomo, catholic. My emphases. My comments. I inserted his own footnotes, indicated by asterisks, directly into the … Continue reading
From CNA: Three priest-martyrs of Nazis beatified in Germany Hamburg, Germany, Jun 25, 2011 / 12:02 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Three Catholic martyrs executed under the Nazi regime were beatified in Germany today, June 25. The event was also noteworthy for … Continue reading