You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Giuseppe said @Venerator Sti Lot – This is the easiest lin...
- Cathy said I worked as a temp at one time putting computers t...
- yatzer said My Jewish friends in college referred to the rabbi...
- Venerator Sti Lot said What of attention to Latin Psalms, as existing pra...
- Giuseppe said Just as a priest’s wife (those rare priests...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Imrahil, The year we were workng mostly on Cicero...
- spencer said As a permanent deacon (and I really tire of using...
- ronconte said In the early Church, a deaconess was not necessari...
- JabbaPapa said The word “deaconess” has sometimes bee...
- Speravi said I love the “deacon is a deacon is a deacon...
- ReginaMarie said Diakonissa is a Greek title of honor used to refer...
- robtbrown said billy says: The problem with having all meatless d...
- OrthodoxChick said This is a timely post. I have a dead mothership l...
- jbas said Chris Garton-Zavesky, Yes; it’s probably of...
- jbas said I don’t see how the term itself is offensive...
- VexillaRegis said The more languages you know, the richer you are!
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Two quick questions: Wasn’t St. Francis of A...
- Tom in NY said @Imrahil: I was able to take three languages in hi...
- Fr Martin Fox said I had never heard of anything like this, nor of de...
- Cheesesteak Expert said Why all the resistance to fasting and its traditio...
- Amerikaner said I think some confusion over permanent deacons and...
- Priam1184 said Excellent Father. Thank you.
- trad catholic mom said Just to clarify, I watched the semi-final yesterda...
- trad catholic mom said Thanks for the heads up I watched it yesterday. It...
- Priam1184 said I guess, after reading the comments above, oneR...
- AA Cunningham said It’s not an impeachable offense and it is be...
- Jeannie_C said Hughie – I have to admit, this has been our...
- Jeannie_C said We are blessed to have a number of Permanent Deaco...
- LarryW2LJ said It’s not being blown out of proportion, as I...
- UncleBlobb said Father Z., it is very interesting where the prayer...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Monthly Archives: June 2011
Three priest-martyrs of Nazis beatified in Germany
Hamburg, Germany, Jun 25, 2011 / 12:02 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Three Catholic martyrs executed under the Nazi regime were beatified in Germany today, June 25. The event was also noteworthy for its rememberance … Continue reading
As they scroll along.
First, I ask your continued prayers for two personal and important intentions.
Sneak preview of new Vatican News site
QUAERITUR: A priest must defend “ad orientem” for the Novus Ordo
QUAERITUR: Degrees of dialogue during the Extraordinary Form – WDTPRS … Continue reading
It will apparently be online from 29 June onward.
Check it out.
Technorati Tags: news.va, Vatican
I do confess that it is sometimes disconcerting while saying Mass in the Extraordinary Form, to turn around, say “Dominus vobiscum” and not even hear crickets in return and barely a chirp from the server(s). I have gotten used to … Continue reading
SSPX Bp. Bernard Fellay, at a recent ordination in Winona, MN, told his followers that rumors about the break down in talks with the Holy See should be taken with caution. Fellay wanted people to know that he is supposed … Continue reading
From the website of the Archdiocese of New York.
My only question… was there a statement of all the bishops before the vote took place?
The following is a statement from Archbishop Timothy Dolan and the bishops of New York State:
The passage … Continue reading
I again inflict my singing on you for most of this project.
Quite a while back I started a PRAYERCAzT series, wherein I read and/or sang the prayers and readings for upcoming Sundays and Feasts for the Extraordinary Form. … Continue reading
Please watch this whole video before reacting. Then think about it for a few minutes before reacting.
A Franciscan priest and a small group with him took it to the streets and staged a Eucharistic Flash Mob.
What do you all think … Continue reading