You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- FeedieB said I have had a hard time too understanding Papa Fran...
- robtbrown said The Masked Chicken says, So, redemption is for all...
- Raylan Alleman said This could well be applied to dads toward their fa...
- Cosmos said The Church has always thought that purposefully co...
- Bob B. said Francis (and Benedict before him) ask all to pray...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Hi folks. As everyone knows, it takes far more tim...
- JabbaPapa said We have been blessed with an extraordinary success...
- Mary Jane said Obviously it is baptism that makes a person Cathol...
- Joe in Canada said and as Jesuit, May 24 would be significant to him...
- StWinefride said Pope Francis: “that we might return to the f...
- Fr Martin Fox said Sometimes people will complain, why do our bishops...
- Fredi D'Alessio said “This book keeps you needing to read from it...
- pseudomodo said Redemption vs Salvation 1. I buy hockey tickets f...
- Eugene said simply beautiful and moving…I am so impresse...
- Ralph said I have not been able to wrap my mind around Franci...
- ACS67 said The Holy Father said nothing wrong. It is not sur...
- The Masked Chicken said There is a subtle distinction that needs to be mad...
- AV8R61 said Being married to an Orthodox woman, here are two c...
- ronconte said Pope John Paul II: “Since Christ brings about salv...
- cwillia1 said Interestingly, the canon law of the eastern church...
- Om messefeiringen – vende seg mot folket eller mot Gud » EN KATOLSK WEBLOG said [...] leste dette først hos Father Z, og på hans b...
- RMT said I just got word that my masters thesis was accepte...
- Imrahil said The Rev’d Fr Jim is on the right track…...
- Nan said @PatricusOenius, Do you know the difference betwee...
- Debating Desire - Big Pulpit said [...] Hell Am I Doing? – TiberEye An Atheist...
- sciencemom said PS Lovely photo! And thanks, Chicken, for the link...
- sciencemom said Fr Z writes: Sometimes I consider why the visible...
- Giuseppe said To quote an old priest I knew: “The Church i...
- Charles E Flynn said Pope Francis teaches that everyone is saved! Wow!...
- WesleyD said “The Blood of Christ redeems everyone.”...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Daily Archives: 5 July 2011
From the blog Musings of a Pertinacious Papist comes an interesting observation in the form of a photograph.
Here is an example of the changes that were to be made to the sanctuary of a church in conformity with the reforms … Continue reading
I haven’t seen “Ray” the Cardinal for a while. He is usually in and out chomping on the saffron and sunflower.
I was out for a walk earlier and found a dead male Cardinal.
I suspect it was “Ray”.
We shall see.
Technorati Tags: … Continue reading
My maibox is filling with unrelated requests for my reaction to two things. First, what about, I am asked, the additional news about Fr. John Corapi? Second, did I watch the verdict in the trail of Casey Anthony?
I have paid … Continue reading
Liturgical liberals usually run down the intelligence of people in the pews, saying among other things that Joe and Mary Catholic will not be able to understand the new, corrected translation, or quod Deus avertat, LATIN.
“It’s toooo haaard!“, they … Continue reading
The Congregation for Clergy issued a guide for confessors entitled The Priest, Minister of Divine Mercy – An Aid for Confessors and Spiritual Directors.
I have read through this once and will eventually comment on it more. I invite priests to … Continue reading
First, we learn that SSPX Bp. Williamson, convicted in absentia in a German court for denying the WWII “Holocaust” (a crime in Germany), has appealed his conviction and fine of €10,000.
Next, we learn that the Holy See’s spokesman, Fr. Federico … Continue reading
I picked up from the excellent blog The Sensible Bond, authored by a gent in England. The video is about a priest in El Paso. The blogosphere is amazing.
Fr. Michael Rodriguez spoke at a City Council Meeting about an … Continue reading