You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Ken.Hendrickson said > Fr. G wrote: > There is a sequel to this v...
- Ken.Hendrickson said This video is a great example of why, when I conve...
- LisaP. said Micah Mattix’s Prufrock just linked to a Bar...
- APX said You might, for example, hear that the Trinity is l...
- Mike said “Pope Benedict definitely did not think so –...
- Nancy D. said Although at the end of the Day, The Blessed Trinit...
- Patti Day said Father, Will you let us know how you like the new...
- Therese said “The woman next to me was so bizarre, so irr...
- kneeler said Latin rite / Novus Ordo priests … you CAN ce...
- PostCatholic said I met that lady on her outbound journey last week....
- southIndia said At the drop of a hat I can make a video comparing...
- Granny said MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!
- StJude said Yep.. still funny.
- MaximusXVI said Fr. Z, where are you headed now?
- maryh said First of all, I also like the Catholic concept of...
- Bruce said When I was younger I helped sail a few boats in Ha...
- JonPatrick said Supertradmum, you said what I was trying to say, o...
- Katylamb said Father, I understand about the Eastern Catholics a...
- boxerpaws1952 said rock concert or Mass?
- Tom in NY said Quaeritur: Why would the author not have used mitt...
- patrick.lynch said “Their hatred and condescension is sufficien...
- patrick.lynch said “I have no problem with this – as long as yo...
- Cincinnati Priest said janeway529: Thanks for posting the L.A. Religious...
- PatB said Carrying an umbrella means you are walking around...
- PatB said I hear plenty of mispronounced Latin from the alta...
- Supertradmum said I love sailing, but have not done so for years. Th...
- Supertradmum said The lack of objectivity in argumentation on this p...
- wmeyer said My own very limited experience with sailing began...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said acardnal: Yes, indeed. Though I am by no stretch...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said It pleases the gentleman to be jocular!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- My view for a while
- QUAERITUR: Communion on Saturday evening, then twice on Sunday?
- WDTPRS Trinity Sunday – shared glory, majesty’s gift
- Something funny for Friday
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Daily Archives: 12 July 2011
From a reader:
I moved to a new parish about month ago, and while I didn’t register (I usually move every few months for work), I do contribute monetarily. I’m unsure if I’m even in a position to raise a concern.
This … Continue reading
From a reader:
Is it permissible to have a Extraordinary Form Vigil Mass on a Saturday evening?
Yes, I believe it is. I believe so… again… I believe so.
Permission to say Holy Mass in the evening was granted before the 1962 Missale … Continue reading
From a reader:
We have a priest celebrating a NO mass in Latin (for a month now). Two weeks ago he was agitated and asked that people receive also from the extraordinary minister (who’s line was much shorter). This week he … Continue reading
A reader clued me into a story about another potential ecclesial train-wreck in poor China. From Sino Daily we read this, which originated with AFP:
Chinese bishops ‘taken away’ by police: report
(AFP) – 1 day ago
VATICAN CITY — Four bishops loyal … Continue reading
Yesterday I posted about the entry at the blog of the USCCB about the benefits of confession. In that post the subject of “structural sin” came up. “Structural sin” is something liberals use to mask the reality of personal responsibility … Continue reading
I have often opined that seminarians should be given workshops concerning some basic skills, such as some fundamental sewing, accounting, laundry, and most importantly… cooking. Many priests must live alone and the days of the old-fashioned housekeeper may be gone … Continue reading
For those who may never have seen it, this is how one starts to pray the Office in the older form. There are variations, but today’s is typical.
With the help of the iBreviary app and in English… a nice … Continue reading
My friend The Motley Monk writes about an interesting consequence of the NY legislature’s and Gov. Cuomo’s approval of contrary-to-nature unions as if they were “marriages”.
Homosexual marriage: The law of unintended consequence…
With the initial wave of glee receding a couple … Continue reading