"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
Christmas is coming. Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Venerator Sti Lot said Legisperitus, Surely the iconography is depictive...
- Iacobus M said Archbishop Carroll’s Prayer for Government i...
- Someone please be the Garrigue said Will the good people of Madison have the pleasure...
- Supertradmum said The Egyptian, spot on. I am still healthy enough a...
- Someone please be the Garrigue said The people who make lots of money by moving imagin...
- danidunn said The article demonstrates that with economics, like...
- Maltese said What about “Chesterbelloc’s” ide...
- Imrahil said Dear janol, forgive me for focussing on where I pe...
- Henry Edwards said The Egyptian, would that all blog comments were as...
- Imrahil said or else we’ll see the same beggar at the same loca...
- Janol said Andrew Saucci says…” the same beggar a...
- Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick said The Pope’s comments about food and “sp...
- Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick said “Forbes: If people don’t profit from their a...
- Kathleen10 said The Egyptian, super good posts. How superb to be...
- Gil Garza said The answer to your rhetorical question is most pro...
- Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick said “The problem is not that food has been made...
- FPhilip said catholictrad stated: “As for the “table alta...
- FPhilip said Joseph-Mary – on turning backs to God, I hav...
- Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick said “Speculators” would not exist if they...
- Lin said To The Egyptian……..Your posts hit the...
- FPhilip said I must add that I have a concern about the Bishop&...
- Andrew Saucci said I don’t really see the difference between gi...
- Janol said Phil_NL — we do have objective standards her...
- The Egyptian said I guess i should add the the only way to truly hel...
- MrsMacD said Socialism promotes a cold distant charity, where w...
- arbogene said Once again, as we attempt to understand the mind o...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear sirlouis, Your point about the Cocoa Exchange...
- Joseph-Mary said “Presides….back to assembly” Thi...
- marthawrites said I began playing this CD in my car yesterday and re...
- Phil_NL said Traductoria, “The poor actually do want food...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Of Prayers of Thanks and for the Nation
- Does Pope Francis get what it takes to feed the poor as he calls for?
- Have yourself a tactical little Christmas!
- ASK FATHER: Summorum Pontificum, Art. 4 – “observing all the norms of law”
- REMINDER: CD of music for Advent by the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln – UPDATED
- Singing Nuns defend Embattled Bishop
- Kudos to Sacred Heart in Cincinnati!
- I missed “STIR UP SUNDAY”! But it’s not too late.
- Registration error: Wherein Fr. Z screwed up!
- Pope Francis: “Europe is now a “grandmother”, no longer fertile and vibrant”
- ASK FATHER: Waxed linen altar cloths
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- New Prefect of Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments
- Curial reshuffling to take place?
- Anti-Christian group’s founder arrested
- MIAMI: TLMs bringing in young people
- My View For Awhile: Allons Y Edition
- Paris – Day 7: Shells and bones
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
- Now is the time! Romanorum coetibus!
- QUESTION FOR READERS: Our Lady of Clergy image – in Paris?
- PARIS – Day 5: Miraculous Edition
- Wherein Benedict XVI is now channeling his inner Augustine
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 18 July 2011
Tonight I caught a few minutes of The Incredibles. This is a fun movie. This movie has it all, for adults of a certain age. I’m a sucker for super-hero movies anyway going way back. I had my own Superman … Continue reading
Today is the anniversary of the beginning of the Great Fire of Rome in A.D. 64.
I’m just sayin’…
From a transitional deacon:
Is it lawful for a deacon to communicate more than twice on a Sunday, or any other day, for that matter?
I am currently a transitional deacon, and I am unsure if deacons can receive more than twice … Continue reading
From a reader:
My question is regarding confirmation. Do those who receive the sacrament have to be in a state of grace in order for it to take? (the answer, I assume, is yes). I ask this because I am not … Continue reading
From a reader, edited:
Would it be acceptable, when in the confessional, to recite the Act of Contrition in Latin?
Over the past several years I have become proficient in a fair number of Latin prayers, including those of the Rosary, simply … Continue reading
From a deacon:
I was wondering how safe it is to assume that water flowing over the hair along with the correct words constitutes a valid baptism. I ask because there were just 12 babies baptized in my parish and some … Continue reading
Perhaps you will remember the Soap Sisters about whom I have written a few times. The fine Dominican Nuns of the Monastery of Our Lady of the Rosary in Summit, NJ, produce Seignadou Soap to help keep life and limb … Continue reading
I like listening to audio books. They allow me to do other chore-like things which don’t in themselves require intense concentration. They are great for long road-trips in a car or on an airplane.
I have also enjoyed – for more … Continue reading
We may read soon about a nomination of a new Archbishop of Philadelphia. Philadelphia has long brought elevation to the cardinalate. So once did St. Louis and Detroit. Conditions change.
The main candidate I have heard about for Philadelphia is Archbp. … Continue reading