Christmas shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- JonPatrick said I am also in favor of returning Latin to its right...
- MrsMacD said I read somewhere, in the story of some saint, the...
- TawdryPenitent said Perfect! Just what I needed to hear this morning....
- george said I listened, Father. I haven’t chimed in eve...
- Anita Moore OPL said The whole point of ditching Latin was to divorce C...
- 1laurapaxton said Thanks for posting this clarification as a “...
- 1laurapaxton said I wish I had read this caveat before spending all...
- PCali said In at least one diocesan college seminary in these...
- texsain said I think we could imagine all sorts of nightmarish...
- msc said Young Latin Mass Guy: Be assured there are others...
- Matt Robare said We had full diplomatic relations with the USSR and...
- Woody79 said For what it’s worth, the last three of my ch...
- crjs1 said It’s not like the Holy Father is alone in wa...
- Eric said I have heard no mention of compensation from the C...
- Ted said Here is the AP story about Pope Benedict initiatin...
- Matt Robare said I had all of two semesters of Latin in college. It...
- servulus indignus Christi said My own personal perspective as a Catholic Latin te...
- floppy2 said It is an unfortunate day in my 57 years of living...
- ChrisRawlings said Can I just say that people really ought to think t...
- Robbie said I’m not sure where to go on this one. IR...
- Rob22 said Traductor, yes the Pope is the Obama of the Cathol...
- AnnTherese said Since we’re discussing sacred music, I meant...
- pseudomodo said Sorry…. jumped the gun on this so to speak...
- CrimsonCatholic said Did the embargo actually accomplish anything good?...
- Hidden One said This would seem to be a still more serious issue f...
- jacobi said I am delighted to see that the Pope’s comments on...
- CruceSignati said Another one of my “neighboring parish”...
- iamlucky13 said “The stations are, of course, highly stylize...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said I was not baptized as an infant, because in my mot...
- CruceSignati said But Father, but Father, they say “peace to M...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ADVENTCAzT 20: “Through the figure of St. Joseph….”
- As Che and Fidel gaze on the scene….
- ASK FATHER: Received into Church after strange Presbyterian baptism
- “lingua latina bene calleant”
- ADVENTCAzT 19: Ember Days
- ASK FATHER: Participate in Nativity play during Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Is attending a Rock Mass sacrilege? A mortal sin?
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to an invalid Mormon wedding?
- Pope: To attract people more easily tone down teachings, relax severity… NOT.
- ASK FATHER: Mass in Classical Latin
- ADVENTCAzT 18: Another step forward in our Christmas preparation
- The ‘libido delendi’ that seized the Church, the desire to obliterate… everything
- Card. Burke’s kindness
- ADVENTCAzT 17: “the yearning for something purer and greater”
- ASK FATHER: TLM for 25th Wedding Anniversary
- “One of the great papist characters in modern fiction”
- ADVENTCAzT 16: Love always includes an inexhaustible willingness to forgive
- ASK FATHER: Mistake about minister of Sacrament of Matrimony and validity
- Succisa virescit: Another parish church reborn after destruction
- Nota bene: Apostolic Visitation of US sisters and CDF scrutiny of LCWR are NOT the same
- My View For Awhile: last trip edition
- ADVENTCAzT 15: Creation holds its breath – “Will she say ‘yes’?”
- Blog problems – UPDATES
- St. Lucy and Advent Ember Week
- CD of beautiful Christmas music – VIDEO
- ADVENTCAzT 14: Mary’s reaction to the angel unfolds in three steps
- ASK FATHER: Will I have my pets again in heaven?
- Congratulations to a long-time participant and commentator for his ORDINATION!
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday of Advent – “the childlike dash towards the long-desired thing”
- ASK FATHER: Direction of the couple exchanging vows
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 18 July 2011
Tonight I caught a few minutes of The Incredibles. This is a fun movie. This movie has it all, for adults of a certain age. I’m a sucker for super-hero movies anyway going way back. I had my own Superman … Continue reading
Today is the anniversary of the beginning of the Great Fire of Rome in A.D. 64.
I’m just sayin’…
From a transitional deacon:
Is it lawful for a deacon to communicate more than twice on a Sunday, or any other day, for that matter?
I am currently a transitional deacon, and I am unsure if deacons can receive more than twice … Continue reading
From a reader:
My question is regarding confirmation. Do those who receive the sacrament have to be in a state of grace in order for it to take? (the answer, I assume, is yes). I ask this because I am not … Continue reading
From a reader, edited:
Would it be acceptable, when in the confessional, to recite the Act of Contrition in Latin?
Over the past several years I have become proficient in a fair number of Latin prayers, including those of the Rosary, simply … Continue reading
From a deacon:
I was wondering how safe it is to assume that water flowing over the hair along with the correct words constitutes a valid baptism. I ask because there were just 12 babies baptized in my parish and some … Continue reading
Perhaps you will remember the Soap Sisters about whom I have written a few times. The fine Dominican Nuns of the Monastery of Our Lady of the Rosary in Summit, NJ, produce Seignadou Soap to help keep life and limb … Continue reading
I like listening to audio books. They allow me to do other chore-like things which don’t in themselves require intense concentration. They are great for long road-trips in a car or on an airplane.
I have also enjoyed – for more … Continue reading
We may read soon about a nomination of a new Archbishop of Philadelphia. Philadelphia has long brought elevation to the cardinalate. So once did St. Louis and Detroit. Conditions change.
The main candidate I have heard about for Philadelphia is Archbp. … Continue reading