Fr. Z’s Rome Trip Fund…CLICK TO SEND ME FAR AWAY!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- cwalshb said Father, perhaps we could have a post, with sources...
- Doge of Venice said Adding St. Joseph to the Canon may have been a tes...
- padredana said Here in the diocese of Sioux Falls, SD we just rec...
- BridgetTheresa said Let’s ask the intercession of Saint Patrick...
- jhayes said Jaykay wrote: “we don’t have to find a...
- Laura Lea said Father Z’s post today certainly reflects wha...
- Venerator Sti Lot said jaykay, Then let us hope and pray that neither ...
- acardnal said jaykay wrote, “People who live there will fi...
- jaykay said jhayes: the “isolation” you speak of...
- Chuck3030 said Father, did you lose your sermon for this past Su...
- Venerator Sti Lot said jaykay, Thanks for your further response! You say,...
- pjsandstrom said How is progress going on your Doctoral Thesis? Is...
- SKAY said Interesting who else has a problem with Catholic s...
- Brian K said “Still, if you will not fight for the right when y...
- jhayes said Jaykay, I went to a Catholic school for 9 years wh...
- Theodore said My daughter who is an evangelical Christian and wh...
- jaykay said jhayes: not just as black and white as that. Many,...
- Bosco said One word…’Antichrist’
- jaykay said Venerator: sorry, you did ask that before. Not all...
- jhayes said jaykay, I think the starting point is different in...
- Imrahil said Dear @Tina in Ashburn, I don’t think anyone...
- Fr Martin Fox said In my homily, I asked each person present to consi...
- Tina in Ashburn said The Papal Bull Auctorum Fidei Contra Pistoia not o...
- Emilio III said Fr. Pius: When Christ at a symbolic moment was es...
- Imrahil said Is it really so very difficult to recruit the best...
- Mike said This Sunday my pastor, noted that it was Father’s...
- Venerator Sti Lot said jaykay, Thanks for the additional detail! Do you (...
- ckdexterhaven said The John Adams book by David McCullough is an Amer...
- Tina in Ashburn said I love St Joseph, he lends powerful assistance thr...
- Bea said 2 sons visiting for 2 weeks
Show public support!
Wyoming Catholic College!
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- “Better to die honorably in the field than ignominiously hang upon the gallows.”
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV
- “When ‘Guitar Masses’ became a chew toy between traditionalists and progressives
- Pres. Obama sticks his nose into Catholic education in IRELAND
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- What is your good news?
- QUAERITUR: Wouldn’t audible prayers in the Extraordinary Form be better?
- Request for Prayers
- WDTPRS 11th Ordinary Sunday: God begins and completes the meritorious things we do
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday after Pentecost – Our rebellious wills.
- Irish PM ‘c’atholic Enda Kenny – what a classy guy
- What is “lobby” all about in the Vatican “gay lobby” chatter going on?
- POLLS: Latin and/or Vernacular at Low Mass (TLM)
- Hunger Bones
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS and MASS for benefactors
- QUAERITUR: Vernacular only readings in traditional Low Mass?
- Different confessional practices/customs around the world
- CLERGY and CLERGY ON CALL Car Magnets
- Want a TLM in your parish? Here is how it was done in one place!
- QUAERITUR: Confessional etiquette
- Catholic League’s head: Pope Francis should expel Vatican’s ‘Gay Lobby’
- Human rights? Over-rated.
- Nancy Pelosi: late-term abortion “sacred ground”
- WISCONSIN: Legislation requiring ultrasounds
- Of Star Wars and Immanentism and Birdcages and Elite Snobbery. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Schadenfreude and Reform of the Roman Curia
- QUAERITUR: Distance of a priest’s valid consecration
- Document ready for close of Year of Faith
- Of Devils and Agencies and Metadata and You
- “You have the right to remain silent.”
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… check it out!
You keep this blog going.
Daily Archives: 18 July 2011
Tonight I caught a few minutes of The Incredibles. This is a fun movie. This movie has it all, for adults of a certain age. I’m a sucker for super-hero movies anyway going way back. I had my own Superman … Continue reading
Today is the anniversary of the beginning of the Great Fire of Rome in A.D. 64.
I’m just sayin’…
From a transitional deacon:
Is it lawful for a deacon to communicate more than twice on a Sunday, or any other day, for that matter?
I am currently a transitional deacon, and I am unsure if deacons can receive more than twice … Continue reading
From a reader:
My question is regarding confirmation. Do those who receive the sacrament have to be in a state of grace in order for it to take? (the answer, I assume, is yes). I ask this because I am not … Continue reading
From a reader, edited:
Would it be acceptable, when in the confessional, to recite the Act of Contrition in Latin?
Over the past several years I have become proficient in a fair number of Latin prayers, including those of the Rosary, simply … Continue reading
From a deacon:
I was wondering how safe it is to assume that water flowing over the hair along with the correct words constitutes a valid baptism. I ask because there were just 12 babies baptized in my parish and some … Continue reading
Perhaps you will remember the Soap Sisters about whom I have written a few times. The fine Dominican Nuns of the Monastery of Our Lady of the Rosary in Summit, NJ, produce Seignadou Soap to help keep life and limb … Continue reading
I like listening to audio books. They allow me to do other chore-like things which don’t in themselves require intense concentration. They are great for long road-trips in a car or on an airplane.
I have also enjoyed – for more … Continue reading
We may read soon about a nomination of a new Archbishop of Philadelphia. Philadelphia has long brought elevation to the cardinalate. So once did St. Louis and Detroit. Conditions change.
The main candidate I have heard about for Philadelphia is Archbp. … Continue reading