- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- AttiaDS said I saw on my FoxNews app the following: ‘STAL...
- pmullane said Prayers for all my brothers and sisters above, I a...
- tcreek said Loose ‘canon’ = Unpredictable stateme...
- SophiaGrace said Thank you, Father, for these and for all that you...
- donato2 said I agree 1000% that the Mass has been feminized and...
- PA mom said I think that overtly emotional music has been a fa...
- Mandy P. said Listened and shared. Thanks, Father!
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Quanah says: 5 December 2013 at 6:41 am Mr. Shaw s...
- pmullane said Well, why would men come to Mass? Who gets told th...
- Mandy P. said I still think it’s way too early to tell how...
- jenne said The Pope is stirring us all up. But we all miss t...
- Eliane said So Adam Shaw makes a little lio. Isn’t that...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said I think we mostly agree that since the 1950s, our...
- MaterDei said I think having laity in the sanctuary is distracti...
- pmullane said ” Pope Francis will prove a disaster for the...
- LarryW2LJ said You have to feel comfortable in your role. I am a...
- Imrahil said What the dear @Anna 6 said. And what the dear @Phi...
- teejay329 said Impressive, Father. I also have become a huge fan...
- Ambrose Jnr said Having spent the last 12 months part of the time i...
- teejay329 said No problems listening. Sincere thanks, as always.
- iPadre said I have never seen a daily Mass where there is a tr...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Father, I apologize if this shows rabbit-holean sy...
- LorrieRob said Thank you, Father! Really sets the tone for the d...
- Long-Skirts said I forgot to add the You/Tube video URL of these br...
- Scott W. said *Yawn* Another neo-con having a panic attack.
- Long-Skirts said “Proof of this is Francis’ aforementioned st...
- Quanah said Mr. Shaw seems like one of those people whose fait...
- RJHighland said I think the article is pretty spot on and pray the...
- Philippa Martyr said We have a wonderful word in Australia, namely R...
- Philippa Martyr said There are plenty of men in our parish. Mind you, w...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 1 Dec: St. Nahum, Prophet of the Old Testment
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 25 July 2011
Do any of you readers use the great DVR ReplayTV?
Technorati Tags: DVR, ReplayTV, WIRNS
From a reader:
Father..I’m making end of life arrangements. I am a cradle Catholic. We have a columbarium in our ____ and it all makes sense but…cremation freaks me out. Do you think Our Lord will be angry at me if … Continue reading
Some recent posts of interest as they scroll along:
A tot of coffee!
QUAERITUR: New translation of Confiteor omitted from Mass today.
We mustn’t take a vacation from prayer and God
QUAERITUR: Wore a black chapel veil and women scoffed
Papal Nuncio to Ireland recalled … Continue reading
The Canonical Defender, Prof. Ed Peters, has on his excellent blog In The Light Of The Law, an interesting post about marriage and presumption of death.
I suspect that this issue could include also military combatants who are MIA.
Thus, Prof. Peters:
Arthur … Continue reading
Elsewhere I answered a question about the new, corrected ICEL version of the Confiteor. I said I would post something more about the Confiteor. Liberals will hate this new version, by the way. We have already seen that (here).
Here is … Continue reading
As you may know, a “tot” is not just a small child but also a small quantity of anything, especially of some beverage, and most especially of a beverage such as rum.
Here is a photo sent by a reader. I … Continue reading
From a reader:
Dear Fr Z, I’ve just been to Mass, using the new translation for the first time. [hmmm] I was looking forward to the Confiteor, but our priest left it out. Was that because it was a weekday? I … Continue reading
Benedict XVI Offers Tips for Summer Holidays
Father Lombardi Summarizes Pontiff’s Suggestions
VATICAN CITY, JULY 24, 2011 (Zenit.org).- Benedict XVI is offering some tips on how to live one’s summer holiday, says a Vatican spokesman.
On the most recent edition of Vatican … Continue reading
From a reader:
I wore my black mantilla (it blends in with my dark brown hair better) to an OF Mass this evening for the second time (no issues the first time), but after I arrived, a group of chatty and … Continue reading