Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Sportsfan: “Bap tism of child̶ 1;, possible. “chi ld of a same-sex coupleR 21;, impossible . It depends on where you put the quotes.
- Ms. M-S: A family? A father, mother, and their child? Perhaps in the midst of the current insanity we needed a gentle reminder from the past of what’ ;s real and what’ ;s worth preserv...
- JustaSinner: Oh Father, I’d like to imagine them making sense̷ 0;
- johnnys: That guy must have been pretty tired after doing all that dancing. Being the only guy and all. Well… ;maybe not.
- teomatteo: “Kee p shouting. Shout louder. That’s what it means to be a witness.” No. Thats what it means to be a loudmouth or a clanging gong.
- Augustine Thompson O.P.: I hope they read as part of this program my article on why Hildegard of Bingen absolutely rejected the ordination of women: https://ww w.jstor.or g/stable/3 167533?...
- Arthur McGowan: Why should anyone be shocked that bishops are punishing priests for speaking against sodomy? Bishops have long been punishing priests for refusing to commit an act that is a more...
- Charles E Flynn: Meanwhile, the Cistercian s “sch olar on”& #8221; https://ww w.cisterci anpublicat ions.org/P roducts/CS 274P/Every day-Life-a t-La-Trapp e-under-Ar mandJean-d e-Ranc
- Kevin: Actually feminism and Catholicis m do mix… .”So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.̶ 1;
- benedetta: Great commentary , Father. Thanks for the laughs today.
- Anneliese: Reading this with an Old Fashioned in hand brought a giggle to my rather dismal day. It’s also an incredibly frustratin g story as I know this type of stuff happens more frequen...
- jaykay: “Kee p shouting. Shout louder. That’s what it means to be a witness.” No, it means shouting at each other. Or at the traffic. Same result. Dialogue of the deaf. Definitely not ̶...
- Credoh: It wasn’ ;t Archbishop Tartaglia who sacked Fr Morris; it was GCU. Here’ ;s an article for Crux by the Archbishop . I now expect a robust response to GCU… https://cr uxnow...
- Kerry: If one pokes around at the GCU website, don’ t miss the photo of the new, first female (!), chancellor /President . Also on the staff, is an “Equ ality Expeert 221;. (I am not...
- Semper Gumby: “Som e great purpose and design is being worked out here below, of which we have the honor to be faithful servants.& #8221; – Winston Churchill addressing the U.S. Congr...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: Sanguszka, “It is frankly abhorrent& #8221; [but no longer surprising ]” that a Catholic priest would be dismissed from his post as a Catholic chaplain for merely...
- Semper Gumby: Excellent.
- jhayes: In the rite of consecrati on, the woman puts her hands between those of the bishop and says “Fat her, receive my resolution to follow Christ in a life of perfect chastity which, with...
- Sanguszka: Please see the UK Catholic Herald http://cat holicheral d.co.uk/ne ws/2018/07 /19/univer sity-chapl ain-sacked -after-hol ding-servi ce-of-repa ration-for -gay-pride /?platform =hootsu...
- Lurker 59: The following is a bit hyperbolic but is descriptiv e of the angst that is experience d by some out there, and much more than myself. Fr. Z’s story about the conversion of the Jew,...
- JamesA: Done. I will also point out that according to Wikipedia, Archbishop Tartaglia has also been a target of our friends the homosexual ists ( who have no lobby in the Vatican, as we are assured...
- Sawyer: Father, I pray and I try to persevere, but it is hard to avoid discourage ment. Without writing a lengthy post, I and others I know struggle with deteriorat ing conditions in the world and...
- Kevin: This comment is a copy/paste of a comment I made earlier this week. ‘I am currently reading “The Sayings of the Desert Fathers: The Alphabetic al Collection ”. This is a quote from St....
- majuscule: In this case I’m sure “psycholog ical evaluation ” = communist re-educati on camp.
- Joy65: Our Father Hail Mary Glory Be for Father Morris and for our world. He did the exact right thing no matter what the world thinks.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- What could possibly go wrong? – UPDATED
- YOUR GOOD NEWS… and Washington DC’s new Auxiliary Bishop and key priest at Detroit’s major seminary
- Budding young feminist archeologists
- ASK FATHER: Baptism of child of a same-sex couple?
- BOOK RECEIVED: Why Humanae Vitae Is Still Right!
- What the TMSM is doing with your donations
- Who is behind that “Lovely, drippy, syrupy TLM and vocation video” and how are they being treated?
- ACTION ITEM! Pray for Fr. Morris, victim of the homosexualist agenda
- Are we still trustworthy?
- Lovely, drippy, syrupy TLM and vocation video. Then Fr. Z rants about crying.
- The image of the badge of the Vendée came to mind today
- ACTION ITEM! Spiritual Bouquet for Bp. Morlino
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Garofolato!
- ASK FATHER: Cremains in funeral Mass, Traditional Requiem
- Pontifical Mass in Lake Charles. A brief and yet optimistic rant from Fr. Z.
- The last 10 minutes…
- 17 July 1794: “Permission to die, Mother?”
- 17 July 2018 – 100 years after
- Cobblestones, new vestments, and swag for Zed Heads
- More shallow, angry, cliché feminist rubbish from Fishwrap
- The demographics of church participation are shifting.
- ACTION ITEM! Urgent prayer request for a priest
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “St Swithin’s day if thou be fair…”
- What priests can – with credibility – do in marriage preparation
- French stones and soutanes
- US Association of Consecrated Virgins condemns confusing new rules from Holy See
- ¡Hagan lío! in Poland. Young, and raising hell…. correction… razing Hell.
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: We can stray off the path to the right or to the left.
- 12 July: Sts. Louis Martin and Marie-Azélie Guérin
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 27 July 2011
CNS is reporting that the Holy See’s Nuncio to the USA, His Excellency Most Rev. Pietro Sambi, has died.
He was 73 years old.
Please, in charity, remember him in your prayers, asking God in His mercy to bring him into His … Continue reading
Does anyone know of Catholic agencies which gets aid to Somalia.. aid that isn’t diverted to some faction but actually gets to people?
Catholic Relief Services is functioning in Kenya, which is taking in refugees from the famine in Somalia.
A … Continue reading
From Space Weather:
BIG SUNSPOTS: After more than a week of quiet, solar activity is picking up with the emergence of two large sunspot groups on the sun’s northeastern limb. The active regions are crackling with C- and M-class solar flares. … Continue reading
Here’s a a surprise that came at me the other day. The folks who put out the SSPX newsletter in the USA asked for permission to reproduce one of my blog posts. Remember that post on 10 Points about prospective … Continue reading
From World Bulletin, a source I haven’t heard of, comes a story from the Turkish news agency Anadolu
via a reader:
Tomb of St. Philip the Apostle discovered in Turkey’s Denizli
The tomb of St. Philip the Apostle, one of the original 12 … Continue reading
From a reader:
I’m fairly early in my pregnancy yet, but I’ve been getting sick if I don’t eat regularly — about an hour is my max time before I get queasy. Unfortunately, that’s a little less than how long Mass … Continue reading
The intrepid Andrea Tornielli on his Vatican Insider of the Italian daily La Stampa has a story about a “diary” kept during the 2005 conclave which elected Benedict XVI.
If there really is a diary, then the conclavist, if he gave … Continue reading
A long-time reader alerted me to an interesting article on the non-Catholic site The Christian Century (“a progressive, ecumenical magazine based in Chicago”). The writer, Carol Zaleski, professor of world religions at Smith College in Northampton, MA, makes some comments … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Rev. Donald W. Trautman, Bishop of Erie, has for years been in the cross hairs here on WDTPRS… rather his ideas have been in the cross hairs… rather, his wrong ideas about liturgical translation have been. Nevertheless, … Continue reading
News from the embattled Church in Eastern Asia. First, this from CWN with my emphases:
Cardinal Zen rips Beijing’s bid to control Catholic Church
July 26, 2011
Cardinal Joseph Zen has denounced the “preposterous and ridiculous” efforts by the Chinese government to exert … Continue reading