You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Joe of St Thérèse said Deo Gratias, and e-mail sent!
- Joe of St Thérèse said The most ab libbed part of the Mass I have seen is...
- chriskelly said Father, referring to my previous post – do...
- Woodlawn said Fr. Z said: “Apparently the separation of ch...
- torch621 said @muckemdanno Yes they are in full communion with t...
- jilly4ski said sirlouis, Saint John’s University School of...
- Hank Igitur said Kitchen island? Silly me, I have always thought th...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Get like minded boys that wish to kneel serving on...
- Tina in Ashburn said Yippee.
- muckemdanno said Uh-oh…this priest has used the “E̶...
- Venerator Sti Lot said A.J. Schulte’s 1907 “Altar (in Liturgy...
- Kathleen10 said What fools we mortals be. We throw away a tapestry...
- Joseph-Mary said My pastor will follow the sacramentary but does lo...
- Nan said @Gail F, you have failed to read the fine print. W...
- iPadre said Since I have been a bit under the weather for the...
- Geoffrey said Celebrating the Liturgy of the Eucharist “ad...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Thank you, cathgrl, that answers my question.
- Jack Phinn said Almighty God, our heavenly Father, we understand t...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said I very much hope this poor soul, who committed the...
- cathgrl said A guy walked into a church during Mass and killed...
- Cazienza said APX said: “AT” the altar. This is really starting...
- sirlouis said The full report says that all 178 Latin rite dioce...
- Lucia Maria said This is all really interesting in regards to a pri...
- PostCatholic said I think Mrs Child would be delighted with the anal...
- Scott W. said We should see the survey for what it is: sour grap...
- Paul M. said “No one seems to care that these prayers are...
- maryh said http://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbench/2013/05/...
- acardnal said “The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with...
- maryh said Does this work? http://old.usccb.org/romanmissal/s...
- robtbrown said Phil_NL says: Robtbrown His right to receive on...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Monthly Archives: July 2011
BENEDICT XVI’S PRAYER INTENTIONS FOR AUGUST
VATICAN CITY, 29 JUL 2011 (VIS) – Pope Benedict’s general prayer intention for August is: “That World Youth Day in Madrid may encourage young people throughout the world to have their lives rooted and built … Continue reading
I use my smartphone, an iPhone, to keep up with email, which flows in at a rate I can’t handle, and to post to or moderate this beast of a blog. I use it for some light SMS texting too. … Continue reading
The overriding reason for why we belong to Holy Church and why we receive the sacraments and why we go to Holy Mass is the fact that one day we are going to die.
The sin of our first parents, at … Continue reading
Here are easy links to some recent posts.
First of all:
Archbp. Sambi, Papal Nuncio to the USA – R.I.P.
WDTPRS – The Doxology, Great Amen, and YOU: The mighty voice of the one True Priest
On the priesthood by St. John Chrysostom
Oxford: a … Continue reading
I have been avoiding the tar baby of the debt ceiling debate, but I can at least able to say this. I am pretty much fed up and disgusted by most the players involved. “A Pox!”, I cry, “on both … Continue reading
Here is my latest hecatomb for The Wanderer to which you may subscribe digitally.
I worked my way through an examination of the new, corrected translation of the Order of Mass, including the Roman Canon. Then I returned to look at, … Continue reading
Today, looking for things about the Sanctus, I ran across this, which priests could incorporate into an examination of conscience:
From Book VI On the priesthood by St. John Chrysostom. My emphases:
4. [...] What manner of man ought [the priest] to … Continue reading
For your Just Too Cool file, comes this from CNS:
Jesuits at Oxford find painting believed to be by Michelangelo
A painting of Christ’s crucifixion believed to be the work of Michelangelo has been hanging in the residence of a small Jesuit … Continue reading