- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- TXKathi said I have often wondered about this. There used to b...
- pjthom81 said And in related news, there are more diocesan pries...
- Father Maurer said The Church prescribes bowing at the mention of the...
- Doc Angelicus said I have searched the word “capitalism”...
- TheAcolyte said On the traditional Mass practice for Christmas, ...
- Phil_NL said Slainewe, It would be beyond silly if anyone is of...
- MB said Doesn’t it say in Thessalonians, “aspire to live...
- slainewe said I was told by a priest that there are two things a...
- Imrahil said As a more general observation, a thought that I ge...
- Why Pope Francis is Time's "Person of the Year" - BigPulpit.com said [...] QUAERITUR: Genuflections During Novus Ordo C...
- slainewe said @Marion Ancilla Mariae This is also a custom here...
- SKAY said Pope Francis has been named Time Magazine’s...
- Imrahil said At my original parish, we would only have the Grea...
- Henry Edwards said Miss Moore: “Frankly, I’m tired of the laity...
- Adrienne Regina said Since the beginning of Advent, my day has started...
- mamajen said At most of the NO parishes I’ve been to rece...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Funny how, in an age when the rubrics are just tos...
- pappy said It is no wonder that of the men in seminary in St....
- Deacon Augustine said I don’t know if it is a cultural hang-up abo...
- Netmilsmom said I have to agree with Father Z, I wish this would b...
- Art said Thanks, Father. Have been listening to all the po...
- Mike said In my NO parish, few bow. As scholars have noted,...
- iPadre said Since the introduction of the new translation more...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said I apologize that this is a little off-topic, but h...
- JonPatrick said I think this focus on the “Francis Effect...
- Saint1106 said Most are missing the point. Pope Francis is a Per...
- JonPatrick said I love the Advent at Ephesus CD. I got it last yea...
- Fr. Hamilton said It’s not entirely clear to me if the reader...
- ray from mn said Until I fully assimilate the word “incarnate...
- Joe of St Thérèse said It should be brought back, when I do attend Mass i...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Rosetta Stone 50% just for a few more hours
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: July 2011
BENEDICT XVI’S PRAYER INTENTIONS FOR AUGUST
VATICAN CITY, 29 JUL 2011 (VIS) – Pope Benedict’s general prayer intention for August is: “That World Youth Day in Madrid may encourage young people throughout the world to have their lives rooted and built … Continue reading
I use my smartphone, an iPhone, to keep up with email, which flows in at a rate I can’t handle, and to post to or moderate this beast of a blog. I use it for some light SMS texting too. … Continue reading
The overriding reason for why we belong to Holy Church and why we receive the sacraments and why we go to Holy Mass is the fact that one day we are going to die.
The sin of our first parents, at … Continue reading
Here are easy links to some recent posts.
First of all:
Archbp. Sambi, Papal Nuncio to the USA – R.I.P.
WDTPRS – The Doxology, Great Amen, and YOU: The mighty voice of the one True Priest
On the priesthood by St. John Chrysostom
Oxford: a … Continue reading
I have been avoiding the tar baby of the debt ceiling debate, but I can at least able to say this. I am pretty much fed up and disgusted by most the players involved. “A Pox!”, I cry, “on both … Continue reading
Here is my latest hecatomb for The Wanderer to which you may subscribe digitally.
I worked my way through an examination of the new, corrected translation of the Order of Mass, including the Roman Canon. Then I returned to look at, … Continue reading
Today, looking for things about the Sanctus, I ran across this, which priests could incorporate into an examination of conscience:
From Book VI On the priesthood by St. John Chrysostom. My emphases:
4. [...] What manner of man ought [the priest] to … Continue reading
For your Just Too Cool file, comes this from CNS:
Jesuits at Oxford find painting believed to be by Michelangelo
A painting of Christ’s crucifixion believed to be the work of Michelangelo has been hanging in the residence of a small Jesuit … Continue reading