Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- e.e.: St. Michael the archangel, defend us. …If Card. Wuerl has now backed out of attending, perhaps we can continue to pray that certain other attendees might withdraw and the vestme...
- bartlep: I’m still waiting to see a letter written by my bishop, Bp. McElroy. Since he totally ignored a letter written to him by A.W. Snipe on the state of priestly celibacy, he may be...
- Benedict Joseph: Like I said the other day about something else… ;stuck on stupid. The rich tradition of centuries of liturgical vestments and they come up with this crap. And that is what is....
- maternalView: Whatever it means the vestments are ugly. Why can’ t we have the beautiful? Why don’ t “the y” want us to have the it? I want the good, the true and the...
- Wendy Babiak: No, Satan̵ 7;s not hiding his tail… ;he’ s wearing assless chaps! This is all quite gross. I confess that in my heart of hearts sometimes I thank God that we were...
- PostCatholic: I thought as I began to read this article that the objection was going to be to a pre-Christ ian symbol being used for a Christian purpose. I’ve never seen a BDSM flag a-wav...
- maternalView: @mulieribu s Yes, Catholic weddings have become so very complicate d. And it used to be I could easily determine if I could go based on the venue̵ 1; not in a Catholic church then...
- joekstl: I would suggest that you seek out the letter of Bishop Frank Caggiano of Albany ( a son of Brooklyn, NY- my home Diocese). It is excellent and closes with s prayer to the great Mother of...
- Gab: It still looks like “666 ” to me.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: More: Hi Father, Thank you for this very brave post. You are quite right about this. One point that adds to what you say is made by this FSSP priest in his sermon (31 mins):...
- Fallibilissimo: I don’ t know about you guys but after the roller-coa ster of emotions of the past few weeks, I feel like a fresh yet ancient wind is blowing on our shores. Yes, I have no...
- Joy65: What the HECK is going on IS that satan is laughing his head off. he doesn̵ 7;t even have to work hard because we are just letting him walk right in and take over. WHO IN THEIR “...
- Charlotte Allen: I can’ t stand those insipid pastels myselfR 11;but actually, the triple spiral, called the “tri skele̶ 1; or “tri skelion 221;– ;is a pagan...
- Chuck Ludd: While I agree that the vestments are hideous, when I first saw the symbol I assumed it was trinitaria n — but a bad modern symbol of the Trinity. The article posted above sugge...
- Suburbanbanshee: The triskelion , triple spiral, etc. are tied together at the center, and often at the rim of the circle also. This creates a feeling of stability. It is also very satisfying to...
- Kathleen10: I agree, it definitely resembles that diabolical flag. I also agree, the devil cannot hide his horns. We saw that at Joseph Sciambra 8217;s site, with the Quest conference highlig...
- LeeGilbert: From the Irish Examiner article Charles Flynn links above, “The papal vestment has a triple Celtic spiral that is associated with Irish ancient manuscript s while some 70 bisho...
- JustaSinner: What the Hell is going on? No, more to the point, who is going TO hell!!!
- Crabbetrywe: BDSM and pastels? …I don’ t think those things are related. The US Department of Transporta tion uses this motif too, and so did the 27th SS Volunteer Division. Coincid...
- magister63: It could be a take on that BDSM logo. My first thought, pardon my frankness, was three sperm cells swirling, in diverse colors, to symbolize who know what! If it symbolizes three males...
- acardnal: Love, love, love. This is what we hear from the libs. God does NOT love sin! It is the worst evil. God is full of mercy – conditiona l mercy – but he is also a just God. I...
- maternalView: Thanks for this. I don’ t know about these sorts of things so it’s helpful to be told what I should be asking. I will write a letter requesting this. And pray it will be...
- r7blue1pink: I dont even know what to say except.. NOTHING is a coincidenc e… Whether or NOT the parties designing it knew what it was- if they actually did it out of neitivity. . Its defin...
- majuscule: In a previous blogpost Father also asked about “what’s going on?” http://wdt prs.com/bl og/2018/08 /super-cre epy-poster -for-gay-c onference- reveals-ag enda/ It’s the same thing. Why...
- sperisho: Or, rather, emanate from a single center (which this one doesn̵ 7;t do).
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- URGENT: HIDEOUS about SYMBOL on pastel vestments for World Meeting of Families in Dublin @WMOF2018
- Letter of @BishopMorlino of @MadisonDiocese concerning the present crisis
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: invisible love, pulsing with longing
- Terrific movement of prayer for priests: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Archbp. Cordileone’s Letter to the people of @ArchdioceseSF Fr. Z kudos and a mini-rant.
- Wherein Fr. Z offers one of the hardest posts he has ever written – UPDATED WITH YOUR COMMENTS
- PROPOSAL to all the Bishops of these USA for your November 2018 Meeting
- Card. Burke interviewed by Raymond Arroyo. The Cardinal’s advice.
- Insightful observation about Pope Francis – UPDATES!
- ASK FATHER: Lethal force against homosexual aggression in seminary?
- Search within the text for the word “reparation”. Zero.
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to a wedding at an SSPX chapel?
- Yeahhh… this is exactly the right time to dress our clergy in pastels.
- The Rite of Degradation From The Order of Priesthood. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr Z calls for solidarity
- The PA Grand Jury Report
- AN OPEN APPEAL TO THE CARDINALS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
- ASK FATHER: Your questions weigh heavily
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: “I now have doubt about sorting the doctrinal from the papal opinion.” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Faithful, active women religious. Where to go?
- St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, ham radio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media!
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Beans in a bottle, and Beans in a bubble.
- A Tale of Two Churches
- Your Good News – Mass for Benefactors
- Non-Catholics and Catholics alike wonder about changes to CCC 2276 on death penalty
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATE: Photos of seminarians Solemn Mass
- PODCAzT 165: Liturgical battles lost and won… and lost; don Camillo (Part X)
- Super creepy poster for “gay” conference reveals agenda
- Controversy over the Holy Father’s substitution of CCC 2267 continues.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Monthly Archives: August 2011
One blog I do not fail to check is Michael Yon’s Online Magazine in which he covers the lives and cares and work of the US And British Military in, for example, Iraq and Afghanistan. He is deeply involved. … Continue reading
On the site of the Bishops Conference of England and Wales, there is an audio/podcast with Msgr. Andrew Wadsworth, Executive Secretary of ICEL about the new, corrected translation.
Podcast: Mgr Andrew Wadsworth of ICEL talks about the new translation of the … Continue reading
I don’t remember who said that abortion was the sacrament of of the hardcore feminist.
CMR has this. This is … hard.
Many have long remarked that abortion is the Left’s one and only sacrament.
Abby Johnson tells a story from her Planned … Continue reading
I wrote about the GIRM for the USA and standing or kneeling for Communion here.
Scottish archbishop tells Catholics not to kneel for communion
By David Kerr
Glasgow, Scotland, Aug 30, 2011 / 12:56 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The Archbishop of Glasgow, Scotland … Continue reading
MSNBC, Hell’s Bible, and their treatment of anything or anyone truly Catholic.
What could go wrong?
From The Catholic League:
MSNBC OUTDOES NEW YORK TIMES
Catholic League president Bill Donohue discusses how MSNBC outdid the New York Times’ recent attack on Catholicism:
Last month, New … Continue reading
Implications of Obama Administration’s move to force Catholic hospitals to provide “contraception” and sterilizations
A few days ago in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune Fr. Peter Laird, Vicar General of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, had a good piece about the mandate from the Obama Administration (HHS) requiring that “contraception” and sterilizations be paid … Continue reading
From a reader:
If I receive communion kneeling must I also receive from the chalice kneeling?
The smallest drop of the Most Precious Blood of our Saviour and God, Our Lord Christ Jesus, is greater in dignity than the cosmos and every … Continue reading
From a reader:
Was Vatican II an ecumenical council with infallible guidance by the Holy Spirit, or a pastoral council which is not infallible?
The Holy Spirit’s guidance is never anything but infallible. Can the Holy Spirit make a mistake?
However, a lot … Continue reading
Archeologists locate ruins of gladiator school
By: The Associated Press | The Associated Press | 08/30/11 10:48 AM
Archeologists say they have located and excavated the ruins of a massive amphitheater used to train gladiators east of Vienna in what they … Continue reading
I have finally received proof that birds really are modern dinosaurs.
A reader sent me this photo.
Today a jocular friend texted me to suggest that perhaps Pope Benedict’s appointment of Archbp. O’Brien as Pro-Grand Master of the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem – admittedly younger and with obviously greater military credentials than the … Continue reading
Xiao long bao… because they are the best I have had in the USA.
And some spicy shrimp in garlic sauce… because they’ve had their heads hacked off.
I hate platitude cookies.
I expect a fortune.
I detest, even more, flattery cookies… sycophantic cookies.
You remember I am sure the horrid statue of John Paul II in front of the Roman main train station.
This just in.
Controversial John Paul statue looks set for makeover
Artist ready to make some alterations
29 August, 16:02
(ANSA) – Rome, August 29 … Continue reading