Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- acardnal said As I read this post, I thought about the standard...
- Gerard Plourde said What a beautiful restoration. I’ve never und...
- Rellis said This is beautiful. If it never changed from here,...
- wmeyer said This is the reaction of a soul that is open to wha...
- Bressani56 said I’m fairly certain Pius XII gave some kind o...
- Phil_NL said I can only say that I’m exceedingly glad the...
- Fr AJ said Wow, how we’ve gone from every day but Sunda...
- Lepidus said Very interesting, Father. Thanks for posting. Th...
- mamajen said Gorgeous! I know I shouldn’t, but when I fin...
- Bea said Thanks Father. Came through loud and clear.
- The Masked Chicken said The laws of fasting are somewhat dependent on our...
- Michael said I’m happy to say I was able to donate to thi...
- majuscule said Meanwhile over at the Fishwrap™: The Vatican is tr...
- Sonshine135 said Thanks again Father Z. I am enjoying your Lentcazt...
- Sword40 said +Jacques-Benigne Bossuet. Thank you Fr. Z, I have...
- rdschreiner said At the Cathedral of St. Paul, Minnesota I’ve...
- McCall1981 said @ polycarpio, I agree with what you’re sayin...
- JacobWall said I’m a fan of the idea of fewer regulations,...
- Sonshine135 said I have been going to confession more frequently an...
- campbreeze said I always listen, thanks for everything.
- Michael said It always amazes me how easy we have it nowadays...
- kevinm said Thanks Father…this is a great way to start t...
- Andkaras said Only gets to 1.34 for me .
- liturmatt said Thank you Father. The French bishop you quoted, wh...
- SKAY said Thank you Father.
- Siculum said And yes, thank you, Father. Prayed for you at Mas...
- Siculum said I hadn’t heard the Joseph Ratzinger one befo...
- Siculum said Listening with the family.
- RichardT said The College has now issued a statement about its f...
- JonPatrick said When I click on the play button it seems to run un...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
- Fr. Z’s first reaction to Bp. Olson banning Extraordinary Form at Fort Worth’s Fisher More College
- In The Wild: Mystic Monk and Z-Swag – hard to beat that
- Quinquagesima Sunday: Prepare for battle!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- The demise of a Brutalist church
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 16 August 2011
The ultra-liberal NCFishwrap‘s solitary boast, my friend the nearly-ubiquitous, fair-minded John L. Allen, Jr., has an interesting piece today about a theologian working for the US Bishops, recently in the news because of the USCCB doctrine committees remarks on Sr. … Continue reading
Today in the traditional Roman calendar is the Feast of St. Joachim, father of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Joachim in Hebrew means “he whom YHWH has set up”.
His feast was not in the 1570 Missale Romanum. It was added in 1584 … Continue reading
Today on the invaluable site of NCFishwrap we learn that at the meeting of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR) the gathered sistren are turning to a brand new plan in the face of their dwindling numbers.
Here are a … Continue reading
I was once accosted in St. Peter’s Basilica after my daily Mass by an angry modernist visiting American pants-suit, hair-do and lapel-pin sister … I guess angry was redundant, wasn’t it… who griped at me that she couldn’t hear the … Continue reading
Over at the excellent Chant Cafe, I found this from a priest contributor, Fr. Christopher Smith. My emphases and comments.
I was recently at a Cathedral down South on a weekday and I wanted to celebrate a private Mass. As I … Continue reading
A quote via Good Jesuit Bad Jesuit from St. Ignatius of Loyola which reminds me of how imperfect I am in charity.
“Treat sinners as a good mother treats her child when sick; she bestows on him many more caresses than … Continue reading
This has a sort of Battlestar Galactica like feeling to it.
Technorati Tags: Battlestar Galactica, Darpa, Mabel, Michigan
From CNA with my emphases and comments:
Cardinal Canizares: Vatican II was not a break in Church’s tradition
Lima, Peru, Aug 15, 2011 / 05:55 pm (CNA).- The prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, Cardinal … Continue reading