- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- James C said If you think that’s bad, look at this sculpt...
- terryprest said According to the Cathedral website it is a Pieta S...
- gertrude said Horrible image of Our Mother! I see such sadness....
- majuscule said The tall vertical stone represents Mary – note the...
- mamajen said Somebody has been playing too much Minecraft.
- MuchLikeMartha said Lord have mercy; seriously. It looks like a urina...
- Bosco said @Father Z., I know what you’re sayin’,...
- Jerry said re: EoinOBolguidhir – “But divorce and...
- Ignatius said A synthesis of the article: “Be very afraid!...
- mburduck said Oh my! it looks like something that might be in ...
- romancrusader said Adam Shaw is no better than Pat Buchannan (spellin...
- Andrew said Cicero comes to mind (pro domo sua, 43): Vetant le...
- dans0622 said It’s a Call to Action puppet made of stone....
- Konichiwa said I’ve declined twice at my parish to bring up...
- ClavesCoelorum said God save Germany. This sort of thing is (I feel) o...
- Elizium23 said Interesting observation about Knights of Columbus...
- Marc M said I feel the same way about the sculpture “The...
- Hans said Ah, I see it now! And I thought it was Jesus suf...
- wcampbell78 said Here’s what I found with an image search on...
- Doc Angelicus said wcampbell78, thanks for saying that – those...
- Doc Angelicus said “When therefore you shall see the abominatio...
- EoinOBolguidhir said …should read “their confusion of cenob...
- wcampbell78 said My first impression (from the distance shot) was a...
- Cathy said Every year there is a clarion call for EMHC’...
- anilwang said Perhaps Eastern Catholics/Orthodox has a solution...
- Supertradmum said oops should have written “a blasphemer̶...
- Austin Catholics said On any given Sunday, how many divorced and remarri...
- Supertradmum said God is Beauty. God is not ugliness. Sin brought ug...
- tcreek said Shouldn’t this be a concern? In 2005 Joseph...
- Margaret said Why has this clear-cut issue become so muddied rec...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 16 August 2011
The ultra-liberal NCFishwrap‘s solitary boast, my friend the nearly-ubiquitous, fair-minded John L. Allen, Jr., has an interesting piece today about a theologian working for the US Bishops, recently in the news because of the USCCB doctrine committees remarks on Sr. … Continue reading
Today in the traditional Roman calendar is the Feast of St. Joachim, father of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Joachim in Hebrew means “he whom YHWH has set up”.
His feast was not in the 1570 Missale Romanum. It was added in 1584 … Continue reading
Today on the invaluable site of NCFishwrap we learn that at the meeting of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR) the gathered sistren are turning to a brand new plan in the face of their dwindling numbers.
Here are a … Continue reading
I was once accosted in St. Peter’s Basilica after my daily Mass by an angry modernist visiting American pants-suit, hair-do and lapel-pin sister … I guess angry was redundant, wasn’t it… who griped at me that she couldn’t hear the … Continue reading
Over at the excellent Chant Cafe, I found this from a priest contributor, Fr. Christopher Smith. My emphases and comments.
I was recently at a Cathedral down South on a weekday and I wanted to celebrate a private Mass. As I … Continue reading
A quote via Good Jesuit Bad Jesuit from St. Ignatius of Loyola which reminds me of how imperfect I am in charity.
“Treat sinners as a good mother treats her child when sick; she bestows on him many more caresses than … Continue reading
This has a sort of Battlestar Galactica like feeling to it.
Technorati Tags: Battlestar Galactica, Darpa, Mabel, Michigan
From CNA with my emphases and comments:
Cardinal Canizares: Vatican II was not a break in Church’s tradition
Lima, Peru, Aug 15, 2011 / 05:55 pm (CNA).- The prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, Cardinal … Continue reading