HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- chantgirl: IF Francis had answered the Dubia or any of the other many appeals to him, if he had not treated his perceived enemies so ruthlessly , if he had not spent his pontificat e badmouthin g...
- frmgcmma: A passage St. Thomas quotes often says: “ 230;quæ autem sunt, a Deo ordinatæ sunt” ; (Rom. 13:1).
- Gab: “Ari anism was the first of the great heresies.& #8221; Marcionism was another, which is still around today thanks to the fruits of Vat II.
- Quanah: Cheeseburg er and chocolate milk for breakfast in All The Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy.
- Sue in soCal: This is one of the many times I have wondered what Fr. Z’s opinion is of this. Thanks for the clear and unjesuitic al (is that a word?) commentary .
- Danteewoo: I can’ t take Bishop Bergoglio seriously as the pope. It’s error after error. “Isn ’t this a bit of a mishmash?& #8221; Yes, but it’s mishmash that attacks the...
- Andrew: Satyricon: Trimalchio ’s dinner party.
- Charles E Flynn: The risen Christ has a meal. From https://ww w.biblestu dytools.co m/rhe/pass age/?q=luk e+24:39;+l uke+24:42- 43 Luke 24:42-43 42 And they offered him a piece of a broiled fish...
- Matamoros: More and more it looks like Ann Barnhardt, et al. have nailed it. “I will conclude by renewing my challenge: say the following without laughing out loud: “THE CATHOLIC CHURCH AND...
- Semper Gumby: Speaking of migration and borders, here’ ;s Matthew Schmitz in the May and June issues of First Things. Sure, one can quibble here and there with these thoughtful pieces. With...
- wolskerj: What about the picnic-bre akfast on the bastion of St. Gervais after the Three Musketeers (and d’Ar tagnan) made a wager with the Swiss that they could remain in place for at least...
- carndt: Pope Benedict is the POPE!
- carndt: He is a huge part of the NWO(New World Order). Meets with Facebook’s Zuckerberg ( plans on starting cryptocurr ency) but won’t meet with Italian Catholic politician Salvini. https:/...
- GM Thobe: If by “gre at” one means powerful or memorable and not good (in any way) Harpagus comes immediatel y to mind. I would rather have the old lady who lives in a shoe as a cook...
- Ms. M-S: Would the list be complete without the Jo’s spoiled meal (with the salted strawberri es) in Little Women or the meal the waiter mostly did David out of in David Copperfiel d or the...
- jdt2: Awesome post, Father and suggestion s from the readers. I’ll offer 3 wedding scenes: Wedding at Cana, Gospel of John Wedding of Camacho The Rich and Quiteria The Fair, Don Quixote (Red)...
- Semper Gumby: Which it’s lobscouse (salt beef hung on string over the side of the ship), skillygale e (crumbled hardtack and bacon grease), rats in onion sauce, and spotted dog (rice pudding...
- fishonthehill: Green eggs and ham. Doctor Seuss
- SanSan: The “Jes uit” approach leads down a rabbit hole… ;….w ho will save that soul?
- capchoirgirl: Almost the entirety of Farmer Boy is a wonderful meal. Seriously. No other book has the power to make me hungry like that book does.
- SanSan: Time to brush-up on how heresies come about and why… … THE GREAT HERESIES&l t; by Hilaire Belloc, Chapter Three, " The Arian Heresy&quo t; Arianism was the first of the...
- Hesiodos: The first river picnic with Rat and Mole in “The Wind in the Willows 221; by Kenneth Grahame “‘Th ere’s cold chicken inside it,’ replied the Rat briefly; ‘coldtongu ecold...
- Skeinster: Aw- you beat me to the Chrachit 8217;s Christmas dinner! Thanksgivi ng Dinner in “Lit tle Men” by Louisa May Alcott. It’s sweet because the children are so proud of...
- Discipula: Minny̵ 7;s fried chicken and chocolate pie in Kathryn Stockett 8217;s The Help.
- SanSan: once again I was scandalize d when I read what the Pope said. Thank you Father for taking the time to correct the errors.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- 10 Great Meals In Literature
- Francis: Church Must Learn to Abandon Old ‘Traditions’
- Editorial: Church leaders, to be “transparent”, are still abusers. Of priests.
- ASK FATHER: Little daughter interested in the Mass
- PARIS: 500 undocumented Africans stormed, seized Terminal 2 of CDG airport
- Rome Day 4: Of crashing ceilings, weeping parents, and the dust and hearts of saints
- @Church_Militant report on a twisted priest-predator has a familiar ring
- Card. Müller on deaconettes. “No.”
- Rome Day 3: Roman trash talk, perspiration, and prostitutes – UPDATED
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and PRIESTS who can say them
- Persecuted Fr. Kalchik responds to homosexualist Jesuit Martin
- Anniversary of a turning point in Christian history
- NEW FROM MITSUI! Our Lady Untier of Knots
- Stupid angry lib (I know, tautology) at The Atlantic against priesthood
- Rome Day 1-2: Views, fabrics and eats
- My View For Awhile: All Roads Edition
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR): The smoke of Satan
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Easter: The prayer’s very word order reveals God’s love
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: QSL Cards and some firsts
- VIDEO: Diaconate Ordination of the the Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter @CSPOrd
- Donations, PayPal, alternatives, and you
- Irish Ass. of Catholic Priests in toddler meltdown mode against Francis over no women deacons
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Thursday: ZedNet, my first pile up, and remote from GITMO and… Vatican City?
- GERMANY: Pro-women’s ordination group: “We want to take Mary off her pedestal”
- What’s up at the southern border of these USA
- Lib liturgy positivists force people to stand after Communion
- Student ‘steals’ pro-life sign on camera, gets arrested, but she’s the victim!
- Benedict XVI’s recent essay is a subtle correction of Amoris laetitia ch. 8
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- NEW BOOK from Martin Mosebach – Subversive Catholicism: Papacy, Liturgy, Church
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Monthly Archives: August 2011
From a reader: Is it permissible to put a sheet of plastic on the epistle side of the altar at the TLM in order to catch wine and water spills? There has been some disagreement about this in our Latin … Continue reading
Here is part of a post at Life Site. You should read the whole thing there. Obama’s Pro-Abortion Record: The List Goes On and On.. Dear LifeNews.com Readers, Today, LifeNews.com updated our exclusive and extensive listing of the pro-abortion and … Continue reading
Share some news… hopefully good news. Also, post, if you care too, some good point from the sermon you heard for Sunday.
People have been asking what to do with obsolete editions of the lame-duck Sacramentary. I have made some suggestions in the past. The Canadian Bishops gave their own suggestion. For real. De-commissioning the Sacramentary 1. After the Prayer after Communion, … Continue reading
In England the new translation of the Ordinary of Mass will be used beginning September. Therefore, this Sunday was the last Sunday people will be constrained by law to hear the lame-duck ICEL version in force for these last few … Continue reading
From a reader: If i forget to confess a mortal/grave sin in the confessional, when i fully intended to confess it before i walked in, is it still absolved? If you truly forget to confess something, but otherwise make a … Continue reading
The new media conference CatholiCon continues today in Houston under the guidance of Catholic Underground and Almighty God. Fittingly, the conference began with sung Vespers on Friday and resolves with Holy Mass on Sunday. Today there will be more workshops. … Continue reading
Keep your ears open so that on Monday you can tell the readers here about Sunday Mass and perhaps some good point from the sermon. In the meantime, some grist for the Sunday Mass mill ahead of time. OF – … Continue reading
My Google Friends thingy has been hovering around 950: How about helping to get it over 1000?
Lots of these today at Catholicon. Let’s have a WDTPRS poll.
From a reader: A deacon did Benediction at our parish today (full-fledged, cope and all.) Is that legitimate? Yes, in the Latin Church deacons, transitional or permanent, can preside at, give, Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament. They dress in their … Continue reading
On Weasle Zippers, one of the best names eh-vur, have a look at some photos of US Marines on the job. Scroll down to find a photo of … Navy priest Lt. Carlos Davantes holds up a communion wafer as … Continue reading
Catholicon in Houston continues today. There was an EF Mass this morning. Now there are “Clare Camps”, breakout sessions, on use of tech and on content. Fr Chris Decker is teaching now. Jeff Blackwell on audio production. The Catholic Underground … Continue reading
During breakfast this morning I was watching the news about hurricane “Irene”… odd name for a hurricane… I guess the people who name these things don’t think about what names mean… “Irene” heading toward NYC. This leads me to the … Continue reading
From CNA I share this. You can read the rest over there. Washington D.C., Aug 27, 2011 / 07:33 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Imagine waking up one day to find that every single woman in the U.S. has disappeared. Picture this, … Continue reading