- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Weetabix said Re: scanning with the Baofeng. In the .csv file g...
- Charivari Rob said Excellent job from Father today. He spoke of a rec...
- benedetta said Even with various secular belief systems and vario...
- benedetta said Well, I guess for some of us there’s always...
- Vincent said OF: a similar sermon to those already mentioned ab...
- Warren said “Priests can be prone to acting like enterta...
- Sliwka said Father used St Paul’s thorn as an example of...
- Terentia said The priest spoke about Jesus being rejected by the...
- Emilio III said It was a NO Mass, so for Sunday of the 14th week o...
- Elizabeth D said The Cathedral Rector started off about how the 4th...
- The Masked Chicken said “The Deacon summarized his homily by saying...
- oldconvert said Another cracking homily [“cracking”is...
- The Masked Chicken said “Another is being familiar with the thought...
- djc said The Deacon summarized his homily by saying to reme...
- The Masked Chicken said Dear Bryan Boyle, Thanks! The Chicken P.S. Where...
- PA mom said Having also heard a “be a prophetic people...
- maryh said Father said that all the faithful are called to be...
- Kris said Yes. I started playing a long time ago. Most play...
- Bryan D. Boyle said Give me a couple days… just finished with a...
- Gail F said Nobody believes prophets in their home towns, so d...
- pj_houston said Since you’re not bringing back Z-chat, I gue...
- The Masked Chicken said There are some websites that do live streaming of...
- The Masked Chicken said Hey, Maryh, long time no hear from. Hope things a...
- pj_houston said God will not be mocked (e.g. lighting of the White...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Chicken says: would be illegal to listen It would...
- maryh said “Actually, I find the mirror image of that t...
- The Masked Chicken said The term, “Ham,” comes with the switch...
- Siculum said Yes, good points today. We heard the visiting/sub...
- The Masked Chicken said “Dear Chicken, maybe you could take some ste...
- jltuttle said The homily focused on how we are strong in our wea...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 6th Sunday after Pentecost – zeal and mercy
- ASK FATHER: Priest who baptizes any baby brought to him
- ASK FATHER: Same-sex confusion, false understanding of marriage, and nullity
- Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday – UPDATED – Echolink use
- WDTPRS 14th Ordinary Sunday – from dust to freedom
- Excommunication of same-sex ‘marriage’ Catholic SCOTUS Justices for Heresy
- ASK FATHER: Sunday obligation and career conflicts
- UPDATE REVIEW: The ULTIMATE Priest’s Gift – Super Cool Portable Altar
- Minnesota: Extraordinary Form with preaching in Spanish
- Something to amuse
- Brick by Brick in Knoxville: 1st TLM of new priest!
- New Commissar appointed over the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- SSPX Bp. Fellay: “we are on the eve of important events that we cannot yet define”
- Catholic public figures and officials must RESIST! Some are resisting already.
- Most Precious Blood of Our Lord
- 1 July: St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Monthly Archives: August 2011
Archeologists locate ruins of gladiator school
By: The Associated Press | The Associated Press | 08/30/11 10:48 AM
Archeologists say they have located and excavated the ruins of a massive amphitheater used to train gladiators east of Vienna in what they … Continue reading
I have finally received proof that birds really are modern dinosaurs.
A reader sent me this photo.
Today a jocular friend texted me to suggest that perhaps Pope Benedict’s appointment of Archbp. O’Brien as Pro-Grand Master of the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem – admittedly younger and with obviously greater military credentials than the … Continue reading
Xiao long bao… because they are the best I have had in the USA.
And some spicy shrimp in garlic sauce… because they’ve had their heads hacked off.
I hate platitude cookies.
I expect a fortune.
I detest, even more, flattery cookies… sycophantic cookies.
You remember I am sure the horrid statue of John Paul II in front of the Roman main train station.
This just in.
Controversial John Paul statue looks set for makeover
Artist ready to make some alterations
29 August, 16:02
(ANSA) – Rome, August 29 … Continue reading
From a reader:
Is it permissible to put a sheet of plastic on the epistle side of
the altar at the TLM in order to catch wine and water spills?
There has been some disagreement about this in our Latin Mass community. References … Continue reading
Here is part of a post at Life Site. You should read the whole thing there.
Obama’s Pro-Abortion Record: The List Goes On and On..
Dear LifeNews.com Readers,
Today, LifeNews.com updated our exclusive and extensive listing of the pro-abortion and anti-life actions … Continue reading
Share some news… hopefully good news.
Also, post, if you care too, some good point from the sermon you heard for Sunday.
People have been asking what to do with obsolete editions of the lame-duck Sacramentary. I have made some suggestions in the past.
The Canadian Bishops gave their own suggestion.
De-commissioning the Sacramentary
1. After the Prayer after Communion, the Priest … Continue reading