You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- onosurf said Only a NO priest or a priest that offers the TLM i...
- Imrahil said Dear @robtbrown, because of the general principle...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said “By becoming a server and thus a more full p...
- Henry Edwards said “I was at a very large con-celebrated mass t...
- StWinefride said Communion in the hand is not the Catholic way of r...
- Sam Schmitt said @Athelstan: Agreed.
- Legisperitus said “Dynamic equivalence” is neither.
- jenne said Maltese you have sworn me off exercise! LOL —...
- Phil_NL said Robtbrown His right to receive on the tongue may n...
- momoften said I am confused. Why didn’t they observe this...
- robtbrown said Phil_NL says: robtbrown Not how, but by whom – the...
- Phil_NL said robtbrown Not how, but by whom – the person...
- phlogiston said Point taken APX. Point taken! (LOL)
- robtbrown said Imrahil says: If Communion in the hand is merely...
- APX said serving on the altar “AT” the altar....
- Cazienza said I think I would agree with Tradster: If he were my...
- Gail F said While I’m certain this is distressing for th...
- robtbrown said And wouldn’t it be great use as a litmus test the...
- Imrahil said Well, it all depends on our principles. If Communi...
- phlogiston said I can’t imagine continuing my membership in...
- Tradster said Liberals win when the rest of us give in. If he we...
- ray from mn said By becoming a server and thus a more full particip...
- Lisieux said Obedience is better than sacrifice (especially whe...
- boxerpaws1952 said an event like Ok is certainly a reminder to all of...
- Scott W. said Percentage of sour grapes of the makers of this su...
- MattH said There is at least one Catholic diocese in the US t...
- JonPatrick said A co-worker yesterday told me about a neighbor, in...
- JonPatrick said NoraLeeg I was somewhat taken aback that a priest...
- Phil_NL said For all we know there’s more to it than R...
- boxerpaws1952 said after reading fox news coverage it is amazing as...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 8 September 2011
Having taken a strong antiemetic, I watched Pres. Obama’s address to the Joint Session of Congress.
First, people say this fellow is a great orator. Great orators craft their speech for the occasion. I can’t fathom how “up your game” and … Continue reading
As you may be aware, some time ago the Diocese of Great Falls-Billings posted on their diocesan website a document about the implementation of Pope Benedict XVI’s provisions in Summorum Pontificum that left some people shocked. That document, over the … Continue reading
From Archbishop Chaput’s sermon during his installation:
This Church in Philadelphia faces very serious challenges these days. There’s no quick fix to problems that are so difficult, and none of us here today, except the Lord Himself, is … Continue reading
During his sermon for his installation in the Cathedral Basilica in Philadelphia, Archbishop Chaput used several good analogies, including that of an arranged marriage (versus romantic love which often today winds up in divorce).
However, he used a striking quote from … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate have an interesting piece, which you should read in toto over there.
Here are some salient points.
Can one be a diocesan priest and
celebrate the traditional Mass exclusively?
A true motivational example
[We [Rorate] consider this to be one of … Continue reading
Here are links to some posts that are scrolling along.
UK: MP pushes to force Church to have contrary-to-nature “marriages” or no marriages at all
Nativity of Mary
QUAERITUR: Priests crossing their stoles… not
QUAERITUR: Is liturgical dance legitimate?
Wm. Oddie on reception of the … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, comes this portentous (I’m serious this time) article:
Tory MP urges Cameron to crack down on churches that refuse to hold same-sex ceremonies
By Simon Caldwell on Thursday, 8 September 2011
Christian churches must … Continue reading
From a reader:
I’ve noticed that there seems to be a trend where priests don’t cross their stole anymore. If some do, they are ridiculed. Why has this happened?
Where to begin.
Really? Ridiculed? I have never heard or seen that happen. If … Continue reading