Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- acardnal said Regarding repentance and mercy, Pope Francis remin...
- acardnal said I wish Cardinal Maradiaga would spend more time in...
- Tim Ferguson said I could think of worse punishments. He could be as...
- acardnal said Jesus (and the New Testament) spoke many, many, ma...
- truthfinder said There was a lot of terrible reporting in that news...
- mbutton said At which point is the cardinal “open to the...
- Hans said I’m sorry, but if there’s a link to or...
- Per Signum Crucis said That 71% of active priests serving in the US were...
- Bosco said Just as an addendum, may I suggest that I have nev...
- APX said A monastery is not a halfway house. A halfway hous...
- Traductora said Cdl. Maradiaga (whether because of the influence...
- Bosco said The ¡Vaya lío! Flash Mob strikes again. Seriously...
- Suburbanbanshee said This would also be a grave injustice against, say,...
- Suburbanbanshee said Re: the pope — Someone with pull asked for t...
- Rob22 said Yes, the mainstream conservative press has also be...
- Suburbanbanshee said Our local campus chapel was built facing west, but...
- wolfeken said “Even during the pontificate of Pius XII and...
- gjp said The mere mention of Charles Martel reminds me that...
- Robbie said At the moment, it feels as if we’re surround...
- jhayes said Henry Edwards wrote It is my understanding from nu...
- ClavesCoelorum said “The Pope wants to take this Church renovati...
- slainewe said Sixteen years ago, we had a POPE correct the error...
- TWF said I have great love for the Oratorians. When I was w...
- MrsMacD said God bless them and be with them. The war is not a...
- Henry Edwards said athelstan: “It was the widespread nature of...
- Liz said That is BEAUTIFUL handwriting. Wow that’s in...
- Stephanus83 said That handwritten letter is Latin is really nice. K...
- johnson2380 said I am reminded of the parable of the Parable of the...
- samgr said Friars. Capuchins are Franciscan friars. Friars do...
- Phil_NL said I can’t say I blame the crook (for this one;...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Of Cardinals and Canaries
- Life with Capuchins? Take me back to jail!
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- San Francisco parish takes step in right direction. Sky falls on pastor’s head.
- Washington DC attacks religious freedom of Catholic schools
- Card. Burke’s sermon on marriage
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
- Happy Name Day, Card. Burke!
- WASH DC – DAY 1: March and Pontifical Mass
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 14 September 2011
Today in Westminster Cathedral in London, His Grace Archbishop Vicent Nichols consecrated a new auxiliary bishop, Most Rev. John Sherrington. Archbp. Nichols sermon is online. Pretty good. Give it a listen. You can got to the … Continue reading
From a reader:
Fr. Z, a priest friend of mine, Fr. “GS” wanted me to ask you about a Latin phrase that he thought he came across in The Wanderer. He is big a fan of your articles. At present he … Continue reading
Please choose your answer and give your reasons in the combox below.
From the site of the SSPX. Here is the salient parts, as far as I can tell. Read the whole thing there.
[…]When I stated on August 15 of this year that we were in agreement on the fact that we … Continue reading
Here are some recent posts, as they scroll along. Some of these entries have been significant.
Anniv. of Summorum Pontificum – Communiquè of the Holy See: Meeting between CDF and the SSPX
A great newspaper op-ed by a priest on same-sex … Continue reading
The Roman Martyrology has a few particularly interesting entries today.
Who wants to work with them?
I find the inter-meshing, even scrambling, of dates interesting.
BTW… perendie means “the day after tomorrow”. Pridie is “the day before”.
Festum exaltationis Sanctae Crucis, quae, postridie dedicationis … Continue reading
Today is the anniversary of Summorum Pontificum going into effect.
What do you think of this?
My emphases. I edited out the first two paragraphs, which were just background people already know, for the most part.
ORIGINAL TEXT (which seems to be in … Continue reading
My dear old friend Fr. Jim Livingston, a priest of St. Paul and Minneapolis, has this to say about same-sex attraction.
We are jumping in media res, but this is from the STrib:
Some people can make the gay go away
JAMES LIVINGSTON, … Continue reading