Epiphany shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- stjoe said In thanksgiving…earlier in the month our dau...
- Reginald Pole said A Blessed and Merry Christmas to you too, Father....
- Bea said For our host’s (Fr. Z) personal petition. Fo...
- jameeka said God bless you , Reverend Father Zuhlsdorf. You hav...
- John Grammaticus said My intentions: a) I’ve spent the past few we...
- Mike said Attended a Dominican Rite Requiem Mass not too lon...
- LeslieL said On this gentle Christmas Eve, I hold all of your p...
- James said “Memories light the corners of my mind / Mis...
- Cathy said Please pray for my parents. They are old, sick, b...
- StnyPtGuy said For my wife and I. I did something stupid tonight....
- Athelstan said This is also a great 14 step plan for driving the...
- Badger Catholic said I assume a card would indeed be valid (perhaps ill...
- Rachel K said For all those who have died through tragic circums...
- ChristoetEcclesiae said Because I cannot read Italian fluently, I went loo...
- latempe said There is no priesthood crisis. What the Holy Mothe...
- q7swallows said Fr. Z, PS ~ you are among those mentioned by name...
- OrthodoxChick said In the parish that I was raised in as a child (N.O...
- Patti Day said I smell smoke and it isn’t from candles or i...
- Mike said For my neighbor B., still recovering from a stroke...
- Mike said My parish, alas, does all 14. On a good note, the...
- Mike said For troubled marriages. I will pray for all these...
- SimonR said For me please that I would stop getting panic/anxi...
- brk said For S, who was laid off 2 years ago: that he would...
- Robbie said I watched Christmas Eve Mass from St Peter’s...
- DavidJ said For my wife who is due with our 5th child (3rd son...
- aviva meriam said For P, a Homeless Vet For J.S. that she and her fa...
- Elizabeth D said For J., a homeless man who is in the hospital For...
- Elizabeth D said I never thought about how our candle addiction is...
- Elizabeth D said Here in Madison, for a few years St Paul’s p...
- Elizabeth D said Probably a blessedly normal but less popular pope,...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Merry Christmas!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- “The sobs of that appalling infancy cleanse me, those tears wash away my sins.”
- Fanon of Christmas Past
- How to make your parish more self-centered!
- ADVENTCAzT 25: “If there is a child in your midst…”
- ASK FATHER: Signs of reverence for priests
- ADVENTCAzT 24: Becoming Christian means leaving behind what everyone else thinks and wants
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world
- ASK FATHER: What am I supposed to do during Mass?
- Pope Francis greets Curia for Christmas, and rips them to shreds
- ADVENTCAzT 23: The sunrise of history, the mystery of God’s providence
- Just Too Cool: Polyphonic sacred music earlier than previously thought!
- ASK FATHER: Pyxes left in the choir loft after Communion
- NYC cops assassinated. Remarks and prayers.
- I read Mass this morning. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thursday Night Football Saturday. Hey! Wait a minute!
- ADVENTCAzT 22: Isaiah, John and Mary
- It’s. Another. Religion.
- ADVENTCAzT 21: The state of mortal sin
- A breakthrough!
- Tough love about the priest shortage
- Request for prayers
- My View For Awhile: Final Flights Edition
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday of Advent (2002MR): Seeing is believing.
- Past and present Vatican, Church involvement in Cuban affairs – Status quaestionis
- What kind of priest thought it was good to whitewash, trash statues, tear out altars?
- “Would it really be totally impossible to admit her to Communion?”
- ADVENTCAzT 20: “Through the figure of St. Joseph….”
- As Che and Fidel gaze on the scene….
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 14 September 2011
Today in Westminster Cathedral in London, His Grace Archbishop Vicent Nichols consecrated a new auxiliary bishop, Most Rev. John Sherrington. Archbp. Nichols sermon is online. Pretty good. Give it a listen. You can got to the … Continue reading
From a reader:
Fr. Z, a priest friend of mine, Fr. “GS” wanted me to ask you about a Latin phrase that he thought he came across in The Wanderer. He is big a fan of your articles. At present he … Continue reading
Please choose your answer and give your reasons in the combox below.
From the site of the SSPX. Here is the salient parts, as far as I can tell. Read the whole thing there.
[…]When I stated on August 15 of this year that we were in agreement on the fact that we … Continue reading
Here are some recent posts, as they scroll along. Some of these entries have been significant.
Anniv. of Summorum Pontificum – Communiquè of the Holy See: Meeting between CDF and the SSPX
A great newspaper op-ed by a priest on same-sex … Continue reading
The Roman Martyrology has a few particularly interesting entries today.
Who wants to work with them?
I find the inter-meshing, even scrambling, of dates interesting.
BTW… perendie means “the day after tomorrow”. Pridie is “the day before”.
Festum exaltationis Sanctae Crucis, quae, postridie dedicationis … Continue reading
Today is the anniversary of Summorum Pontificum going into effect.
What do you think of this?
My emphases. I edited out the first two paragraphs, which were just background people already know, for the most part.
ORIGINAL TEXT (which seems to be in … Continue reading
My dear old friend Fr. Jim Livingston, a priest of St. Paul and Minneapolis, has this to say about same-sex attraction.
We are jumping in media res, but this is from the STrib:
Some people can make the gay go away
JAMES LIVINGSTON, … Continue reading