When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- aviva meriam said I will pray for this family. And for this priest....
- Matt R said Indeed. We do not adhere closely to 1st Corinthian...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Thanks!
- Father P said I know there are some sems and young priests who r...
- Cubanito said “stuff everywhere… glasses…. cats and dogs…....
- jeffc said Well done Fr. Z! Another in a long line of priestl...
- Gerard Plourde said As I wrote earlier, we have no knowledge of the ci...
- WGS said Karl, If there are valid grounds for an annulment,...
- SaintJude6 said Heather F. I’ve already seen the “too...
- Justalurkingfool said Why do people suggest annulment? Why is the first...
- benedictgal said Parents blessing kids at home is okay. My grandmo...
- catholictrad said I’ve seen quite a bit of this issue. A frien...
- AVL said What a cool bunch you guys are. That sounds like a...
- Supertradmum said Some of us have been through the horrible pain of...
- Imrahil said Dear JoAnna, that’s why I, in my comment abo...
- Michael in NoVA said kekeak2008 says: 4 May 2015 at 12:35 PM I’m a fa...
- Mike said The Baltimore Catechism’s explanation of the...
- JoAnna said Since the Church teaches that civil divorce may so...
- DcnJohnSaturus said It’s the 750th anniversary of Dante’s...
- grn724 said I keep it simple. I am “in” Mass to gi...
- Peregrinator said Even separation is a sin if there isn’t a se...
- Gerard Plourde said Fr. Z’s cautious approach is well warranted....
- Kathleen10 said The idea of you all having a congenial and fun eve...
- Heather F said “Given the excellent statement of adoration...
- kimberley jean said Kerry, you might have just been too loud.
- Siculum said Guess that’s what I get for reading about Fr...
- Heather F said @John the Mad, How beautiful! Thank you for sharin...
- Siculum said OK, so this is weird, but here goes: Last night I...
- arga said Given the excellent statement of adoration by our...
- Bosco said “… stuff everywhere… glasses…. cats and dog...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- The next time you are tempted to quit…
- A dose of reality from Milwaukee’s Sheriff
- ASK FATHER: Is divorce a sin? Should I confront priest who said it isn’t?
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Supper For The Promotion of Clericalism
- ASK FATHER: “We don’t go to Mass to adore Jesus…”?
- ASK FATHER: Is saying “God bless you!” a blessing?
- 4 May: St. Monnica!
- Pope Francis did two really cool things
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ACTION ITEM! US CLERGY! Sign letter urging Synod to uphold Catholic teaching on marriage and family!
- WDTPRS Secret and Prayer over Offerings – the SAME in both Novus Ordo and TLM!
- WDTPRS: 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR) – “values”, and the smoke of Satan
- Krauthammer on “Wolf Hall”
- ASK FATHER: Commentator during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Eastern Catholic Priest or Deacon as Deacon for Traditional Latin Mass?
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday – Annuntio vobis gaudium!
- Sign up for ‘Summorum Pontificum’ Pilgrimage to Rome with Fr. Z (19-29 October)
- ASK FATHER: Can non-Catholics go to confession?
- ASK FATHER: Sanation of Protestant marriage without dispensation
- New SF Blog: One Mad Mom
- ASK FATHER: Three questions from a sinner who wants to come home.
- ASK FATHER: Baptized Greek Orthodox but left
- ASK FATHER: Can lectors still bless bread?
- CNS: Feminist Steinem Touts Abortion, Ridicules Church at St. Norbert College (D. Green Bay)
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail or ¡Hagan lío! & ASK FATHER: Date of Easter in Holy Land
- Swiss Guard Armor Project – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: “Getting rid” of Hosts
- ASK FATHER: Maniple and zucchetto in the Novus Ordo
- ASK FATHER: Valid marriage in hospital room?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 19 September 2011
I am glad that Sancte Pater picked up the ANSA story about the miracle of the blood of St. Januarius, in Italian San Gennaro, the bishop of Benevento near Naples who was martyred during the persecution by Diocletian around 305.
Blood … Continue reading
Let’s start out the work week with some of your good news.
And give us also a good point from the sermon you heard on Sunday!
From a reader:
Why do we bow during the Nicene Creed for the lines “by the power of the holy spirit…” and who started this practice?
These lines are at the heart of the Creed. They are, as it were, the pivot … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate have published part of something from Messa in latino, speculation about the “Doctrinal Preamble” offered by the CDF to the SSPX during their meeting of 14 September, last. I wrote about that here.
The speculation rises to … Continue reading
In England, Catholics are already using the new, corrected ICEL translation of the Order of Mass. Fr. Finigan, mighty p.p. of Blackfen, has an interesting post about a reaction to the new, harder words in the Creed.
The mother of a … Continue reading
Sandro Magister at Chiesa has in interesting piece about the activity of the Holy See.
Here is a little bit of what he offered.
VATICAN CITY, September 19, 2011 – “The activity of the Holy See” is a hefty volume that gives … Continue reading
Every day I check the site Engrish. It has photos of amusing “translations” of East Asian languages into “Engrish”.
I see that Sancte Pater has also found Engrish. He posted, inter alia, a shot today.
Since I post often about Chinese food… … Continue reading