Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants. | Fr. Z's BlogFr. Z's Blog said [...] PRE_ORDER -25%! Book: 5 Cardinals defend mar...
- Ceile De said Good days? Hmm. Anyway, let’s see but I thin...
- stephen c said Fr Z – this comment goes way beyond the topi...
- goodone121 said I have an intuition this is for the second of the...
- drohan said What if this is for the better? There are silver...
- Athelstan said The Church survived Paul VI. It will survive this...
- Fr_Sotelo said His Eminence is still a cardinal of the holy Roman...
- Thorfinn said We read a brief life of a saint each morning and c...
- Cosmos said It all seems like the parable of the Grand Inquisi...
- Matt R said One consolation is that I know he will be fine. An...
- Allan S. said As awful as this is, it’s a sideshow. The t...
- UncleBlobb said Please for my 82-year-old mother who was recently...
- Genesispete said I look forward to Cardinal Burke serving the Churc...
- majuscule said …er, his picture…
- majuscule said Henry Edwards said: It’s not clear what inference...
- Bressani56 said Shortly after the election of Francis, I began hea...
- RMT said Please pray that my wife and I will be able to con...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Disconcerting as this news is, I have learned that...
- Fern said Cardinal Burke has been and remains on my daily pr...
- greenlight said I’ll have a hard time with your prescription...
- Cavaliere said As a Knight of Malta it is bittersweet news.
- Geoffrey said Yikes. That’s all I can say. Yikes…
- Mojoron said You know, Fr. Z, we need priests out here in weste...
- Lisa Graas said No panic here, but my heart is broken.
- Brian K said My two sons served Benediction for him in 2011 aft...
- tpodonnell said What Church is this? Certainly not the new Cathedr...
- NBW said I was hoping Cardinal Burke would be placed in the...
- pannw said I think those people are some of the ones St. Paul...
- Ben Kenobi said Apparently the fishwrap believes that membership i...
- Juergensen said Shrinking and irrelevant to this world? I’ll...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- “If God exists, He is evil….” Not.
- David Haines, rest in peace. Mass for his intention.
- WDTPRS: Exaltation of the Cross
- Exaltation of the Cross, Summorum Pontifical, Basil Pesto
- 12 Sept 1683: The Battle of Vienna and the Holy Name of Mary
- A bright note! Bp. Vasa confirms morals and faith clauses for Catholic teachers
- Card. McCarrick “embraces” Islam?
- The very definition of cognitive dissonance
- St. Pat’s Parade: homosexuality, yes – pro-life, no
- TEOTWAWKI? Double blast CME heading towards Earth.
- Déjà vu from Card. Kasper and Jesuit-run Amerika Magazine
- The hard truth about marriage, mercy and Eastern “oikonomia”
- ASK FATHER: Will an annulment make a child into a bastard?
- Feasts of Sts. John XXIII and John Paul II now on the Universal Calendar
- ASK FATHER: Doubts about annulment for 1st marriage, guilt about 2nd
- “How are they down, how have they fallen down – Those great strong towers of ice and steel…”
- Music fit for heaven: New CD of William Byrd Masses by Choir of Westminster Cathedral
- “Welcome to Hell! Here’s your ice cream!”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: September 2011
Today in 1978 Pope John Paul I died.
Please say a prayer for Papa Luciani today.
33 days. Not the shortest reign as Bishop of Rome, but pretty short.
From a reader:
Father, what is proper procedure when someone walks up, receives the Eucharist in the hand (BTW, this is the best reason for forcing receiving it by the mouth) and tries to walk out with It? Twice I have … Continue reading
There are famous horses. I’ll bet you can think of a few with no effort at all.
Off the top of my head there were famous real horses, such as Alexander’s Bucephalous, Caesar’s strange toed-steed which I think was also Bucephalous, … Continue reading
From a reader about a curious discrepancy on the site of the USCCB about the General Instruction/Institution of the Roman Missal.
On the USCCB site for the new edition of the GIRM  (HERE) there is a link to Derogations on … Continue reading
From a reader:
I attended a wedding recently. A Catholic woman married an unbaptized man in what was just the blessing- not the full Nuptial Mass. The priest allowed (!) the unbaptized groom to omit the “In the name of the … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have been married for 12+ years faithfully. To the best of my knowledge my husband has also been faithful. He says as much and I believe him. Recently I was diagnosed with genital herpes. As you may … Continue reading
From a reader:
Last night I attended a talk by Santa Rosa Ca Diocese Bishop Vasa. He explained aspects of the new translation with powerpoint presentation help. This was for lay people and quite well attended by mainly older people, but … Continue reading
From a seminarian somewhere in the depths of Canada comes an excerpt of text from an insert on the new, corrected translation prepared for parish bulletins (my emphases):
“The third change is related to approaching Communion. As each person approaches … Continue reading