Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- excalibur said Gin Martini Oh Father Z! A Martini is made with gi...
- JudicaMe said Those that cough the most in the presence of the H...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Luvadoxi said, ” I also remember hearing abo...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thank you for this! I am always worrying it may be...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Happy Name Day! And thank you for the St. Augustin...
- A.D. said R.I.P. my dear (previous) cat. He could immedia...
- SaintJude6 said I recently received my grandmother’s daily m...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Josemaria, You’re welcome: my pleasure! Gail...
- New Sister said another bennie of the chapel veil: they hold very...
- Bressani56 said What next? THere’s even a Catholic Mass bas...
- Per Signum Crucis said Excellent; that gives me a good excuse to keep ...
- Deacon Greg Kandra said I’ve also heard Tobin’s name floated f...
- Pie and Palestrina said “Of course we might ask His Excellency where...
- LeeF said In our modern digital age, there is no excuse for...
- John of Chicago said As long as we’re all engaged in harmless spe...
- Deacon Greg Kandra said Yes, there are permanent deacons in Rome. Benedict...
- Bea said Feliz dia de tu Santo, Padre Z. Happy name day, Fr...
- Rachel K said A very Happy Name Day to you Fr Z. My Godson, also...
- Uxixu said The more the better! Unfortunately very rare at m...
- Bea said @LeeF I’m glad your posted that. I have some...
- capchoirgirl said We have two Masses with incense and two Masses wit...
- Luvadoxi said correction: God knows not God know….
- Luvadoxi said Very cool! Also what Legisperitus said about the...
- David Zampino said I love it! When people complain to me about incens...
- Uxixu said Speaking of Red Hats, I will be interested to see...
- Uxixu said I was fascinated to note the differences in a 1950...
- Gregg the Obscure said I’d agree that Abp. Chaput is highly unlikel...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said I usually don’t quote the late Aidan Kavanag...
- Legisperitus said Cool, just like hyssop. God knows what He’s...
- Joseph-Mary said Been there, done that. Sometimes one can get so u...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Aroma Therapy – Catholic style
- ASK FATHER: So angry from liturgical abuses that I didn’t go to Communion!
- 29 August: Beheading of St. John the Baptist – diminishing returns
- ACTION ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Archdiocese needs your help
- Time in Rome is a sacrifice, not a career move.
- ASK FATHER: Metropolitan Archbishops and Pontifical Masses
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- Wherein Fr. Z dies a painful death
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
- WDTPRS 11th Sunday after Pentecost: what Christ does for us
- How Churches (actually “ecclesial communities”) commit suicide
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- NYC – What’s up at Our Saviour Church where Fr. Rutler used to be pastor?
- Just Too Cool: The Glory
- Question for readers: TLM and NO readings
- VIDEO: The Chapel Veil
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: September 2011
Today in 1978 Pope John Paul I died.
Please say a prayer for Papa Luciani today.
33 days. Not the shortest reign as Bishop of Rome, but pretty short.
From a reader:
Father, what is proper procedure when someone walks up, receives the Eucharist in the hand (BTW, this is the best reason for forcing receiving it by the mouth) and tries to walk out with It? Twice I have … Continue reading
There are famous horses. I’ll bet you can think of a few with no effort at all.
Off the top of my head there were famous real horses, such as Alexander’s Bucephalous, Caesar’s strange toed-steed which I think was also Bucephalous, … Continue reading
From a reader about a curious discrepancy on the site of the USCCB about the General Instruction/Institution of the Roman Missal.
On the USCCB site for the new edition of the GIRM  (HERE) there is a link to Derogations on … Continue reading
From a reader:
I attended a wedding recently. A Catholic woman married an unbaptized man in what was just the blessing- not the full Nuptial Mass. The priest allowed (!) the unbaptized groom to omit the “In the name of the … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have been married for 12+ years faithfully. To the best of my knowledge my husband has also been faithful. He says as much and I believe him. Recently I was diagnosed with genital herpes. As you may … Continue reading
From a reader:
Last night I attended a talk by Santa Rosa Ca Diocese Bishop Vasa. He explained aspects of the new translation with powerpoint presentation help. This was for lay people and quite well attended by mainly older people, but … Continue reading
From a seminarian somewhere in the depths of Canada comes an excerpt of text from an insert on the new, corrected translation prepared for parish bulletins (my emphases):
“The third change is related to approaching Communion. As each person approaches … Continue reading