You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Cazienza said “Deaconess” hospitals are not invariab...
- Marie said My good news: After a year of very hard work by so...
- Catholic Hokie said When I was an altar boy growing up, they had both...
- maryh said Not only do female altar servers discourage vocati...
- mamamagistra said I’m struck by how much the LGBT movement has in co...
- teomatteo said Ahh…. so that is why gold’s elemental...
- Robbie said I’m somewhat torn by the second question. A...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said For what it is worth, in the traditional Dominican...
- Liz said Please pray for my eldest who has been sick since...
- Athelstan said Black is customary and desirable for very good rea...
- BigRed said I will offer something I witnessed only a few week...
- greasemonkey said In the monastic rites albs are used. View some hi...
- APX said I can only speak from personal experiences that I...
- dmwallace said Now, what about CDW-funded scholarships for laymen...
- wolfeken said And, to illustrate, imagine how silly someone woul...
- wolfeken said It is worth noting, concerning the updated questio...
- Phil_NL said For favorable results from some blood tests. Than...
- Matt R said For the repose of the souls of Fr Ray Hoffman, CR...
- JamesM said I was referring to the use of “altar servers...
- Raylan Alleman said More boys and men would serve if females were not...
- Martial Artist said OOOO-RAH! Definitely a step in the right direction...
- wmeyer said I have seen young women who perform well as altar...
- pjsandstrom said Hello Fr.Z, You might want to look again at your...
- Matt R said All the old ladies at church, instead of asking my...
- Matt R said Whelp, Mom stole my good news on my Eagle Scout pr...
- Matt R said For a personal intention. For my family’s c...
- TheAcolyte said Cf. the “Peregrinus Gasolinus” chapter...
- Matt R said JamesM, altar boys distinguishes them from ‘...
- Anti-Relativist said My cousin, Mark, was ordained as transitional deac...
- Priam1184 said I drew breath this morning when I opened my eyes....
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 13 October 2011
Even a bait-less hook will sometimes snag a catch. The National Catholic Fishwrap has a somewhat interesting story about deaf communities getting ready to receive the new, corrected translation of the Missale Romanum.
Stop and think about it. If the text … Continue reading
From a reader:
Could you please say a prayer for me?
I have a really bad vice of procrastination [from the Latin cras, "tomorrow"] that has gotten me into a heap of trouble at school and even frequent confession hasn’t helped. … Continue reading
Under another thread an idea for a WDTPRS was raised. Please choose your answer and give your reasons in the combox, below.
Because this can be a delicate topic, I ask that you DO NOT ENGAGE each other in the combox. … Continue reading
From the Daily Telegraph:
Burglar overpowered by three Catholic priests
The burglar was no match for the three – all in their 60s – and led by a former rugby playing clergyman who launched a flying tackle to bring the intruder to … Continue reading
A Lutheran’s view on “the harm SNAP does by mounting little less than an anti-Catholic smear campaign”
On the site of First Things there is a good article about SNAP (Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests) by Russell E. Saltzman, mission development pastor of Trinity Lutheran Church, Gothenburg, Nebraska.
Saltzman writes with my emphases:
I no longer believe the … Continue reading
From a reader:
Thank you for your reminders about confession. It’s appreciated.
My question is, what recourse does a layperson have for the forgivness of a mortal sin in the absence of sacramental confession?
Some of us live in very rural areas that … Continue reading
From The Catholic League:
JEFFRESS SAYS SATAN RULES CATHOLICISM
Last Friday, Rev. Robert Jeffress, the Dallas pastor who introduced Gov. Rick Perry at the Values Voter Summit, spoke derisively about the Mormon faith of Mitt Romney, making the case that “Mormonism is … Continue reading