You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Henry Edwards said chantgirl: “It can be a penance to be a Lati...
- jilly4ski said I agree with priests wife. These are non comparabl...
- anilwang said You don’t have to go as far as Moscow to see...
- priests wife said This is comparing apples and oranges- the Roman-ri...
- LiteratureAddict said I couldn’t make it through the whole video!
- Ralph said That was a downer.
- anj said It is an outrage. What else is there to say? Whe...
- James0235 said I see some obvious similarities between these Litu...
- chantgirl said The music from Moscow was beautiful! Perhaps I tru...
- wmeyer said Wisely, they kept the segments from LA brief! Stil...
- Timbot2000 said Father! I just ate……where is the Maalo
- Cosmos said Oops: inserted a “not” in fron of ...
- Cosmos said Fr Martin, Beautiful post, thank you for taking th...
- smad0142 said @Cheesesteak Expert Sure the Filioque (properly un...
- The Sicilian Woman said I’m adding this to my Rosary novena. Thank...
- Fr Martin Fox said Cosmos: Yes, but…I guess it all depends on t...
- FeedieB said I have had a hard time too understanding Papa Fran...
- RoyceReed said http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxcOv4zPoVo If I ha...
- robtbrown said The Masked Chicken says, So, redemption is for all...
- RobertK said A long video, but definately worth sharing. Coptic...
- RobertK said Being able to attend a Pontifical Mass in the Extr...
- modestinus said I was hoping to get into this thread sooner, parti...
- Raylan Alleman said This could well be applied to dads toward their fa...
- RobertK said I also enjoyed the meeting between the Sees of Ro...
- rtjl said A very worthwhile read on the subject of the divis...
- Cosmos said The Church has always thought that purposefully co...
- RobertK said Thanks Father. This was one of the most memorable...
- Suburbanbanshee said Re: not praying with heretics, I think people are...
- Bob B. said Francis (and Benedict before him) ask all to pray...
- Father G said @Kate, You did not mention specifically the name o...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Daily Archives: 14 October 2011
I will be in central London today on sundry errands and quests. Should anyone like to meet for a pint in the afternoon, I will be
17:30 at The Coal Hole.
Also, I am forwarding my London phone number (020… or … Continue reading
From a reader:
During the Agnus Dei at Mass this morning, two unfamiliar teenage
girls and a man, who I suspect to be their father, entered our rather
small church and made their way to a pew.
I was saddened to see as I … Continue reading
Seminarians and others at Bedford Square in London during Forty Days For Life.
From a reader:
I prayed the Rosary with some others today, but since it was Thursday they used the Luminous Mysteries. I, however, meditated on the Joyful Mysteries. Is that legit? Would I still qualify for an indulgence if I was meditating on different … Continue reading
The debate about U.S. bishops making the decision to follow the Church’s laws about Communion under both kinds continues.
We need a conversation about several points. Let us today limit ourselves to one (which means we don’t need the introduction of … Continue reading
From a reader:
This morning I attended a Mass that was celebrated by a VERY old priest; just a simple daily Mass, nothing fancy, no smells or bells.
When it came time for the prayers of consecration, it seemed as if the priest could … Continue reading
There is an interesting video on YouTube about the pipe organ project going on at St. John Cantius in Chicago.
If you don’t know much about pipe organs, you could learn a few things from this 12 minute video.
Remember: the pipe … Continue reading