Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- benedictgal said Something else to note is that the priests who sta...
- Sonshine135 said St. Padre Pio- Pray for him!
- Venerator Sti Lot said pannw writes, “I would definitely agree that...
- APX said I was under the impression priests didn’t ne...
- Sonshine135 said Oh, and “bless this thy hand grenade, that i...
- Sonshine135 said Rabbits are highly intelligent and easily trainabl...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Felicitations on this Feast of the Grandson of Cha...
- iPadre said God bless the Archbishop. It’s interesting h...
- mikeinmo said The Cardinal is always spot on when he speaks abou...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Excellent.
- semperficatholic said I suggest a huge bubble machine if they have to re...
- The Masked Chicken said “All this talk about rabbit is making me hun...
- DeGaulle said Have I missed the anti-condom protests from the an...
- arbogene said It seems it is only a matter of time until the ...
- Eugene said Just completed the donation, living in Canada an w...
- JonPatrick said frbkelly; “Natural Family Planning is a good...
- Morning Catholic must-reads: 28/01/14 | CHRONICA said […] Fr John Zuhlsdorf explains how to respon...
- CatholicHerald.co.uk » Morning Catholic must-reads: 28/01/14 said […] Fr John Zuhlsdorf explains how to respon...
- jacobi said @Absit, Take all these stats, Vatican or otherwise...
- Clinton R. said jhayes: “That was superseded in 1983 by Cano...
- Gratias said Sorry meant Vade retro.
- Gratias said Pope Franciscus could have a moment of Charity and...
- Gratias said The Peace dove looked yummy. The crow probably did...
- Singing Mum said I think training up male instituted acolytes who t...
- Absit invidia said It’s striking to notice how during the 1970&...
- lampada said Responsible parenthood. Responsible parenthood me...
- frbkelly said It may be true that having lots of kids does not m...
- williamjm said As an eighteen-year-old, I would like to share my...
- frbkelly said friarpark says: frbkelly : concerning the sound re...
- Bosco said Does anyone remember a movie titled “Harvey&...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Life with Capuchins? Take me back to jail!
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- San Francisco parish takes step in right direction. Sky falls on pastor’s head.
- Washington DC attacks religious freedom of Catholic schools
- Card. Burke’s sermon on marriage
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
- Happy Name Day, Card. Burke!
- WASH DC – DAY 1: March and Pontifical Mass
- A great quote
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 21 October 2011
The destruction inflicted on our churches in the name of Vatican II still makes the angels weep.
However, a restoration is slowly picking up momentum.
Here is a good example.
I like to visit the Cathedral if my native place, St Paul and … Continue reading
It defies reason, but sometimes we still find bishops who think that Summorum Pontificum and Universae Ecclesiae don’t exist and that they can still order matters concerning the older form of Mass according to the now superseded Ecclesia Dei adflicta.
Bishop … Continue reading
From The Catholic League:
BISHOP FINN DESERVES BETTER
October 21, 2011
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on the controversy over Kansas City-St. Joseph Bishop Robert Finn:
The Catholic League will have a lot to say about Bishop Finn and his accusers over the … Continue reading
You might check out an article in the Washington Times about Catholic colleges/universities and the rapidly warming issue of religious liberty, abortion, etc.
Here is the first part of the piece, which gives you an idea of the parameters of the … Continue reading
You might take a few minutes and check out a sermon given by Bishop Robert Finn of Kansas City – St. Joseph posted over at The Catholic Key.
From a priest:
As we know, a priest is only allowed to keep one Mass stipend per day, with those exceptions noted in Canon Law. However, when a
conference/bishop has named a “standard” offering for a Mass, can
local law require a priest to … Continue reading