Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Sonshine135 said @Elizium23 “Hey guys, can’t the EF be offere...
- Nan said Rev. Willie Bacote is from the Church of the Missi...
- Sonshine135 said Continued prayers for you Father Z. Please get som...
- Ben Yanke said The Extraordinary Ordinary™ strikes again.
- joan ellen said Just prayed 3 Hail Marys for you Fr.
- Kathleen10 said Fr. Z., sometimes, it just can’t be done....
- cpttom said Cantor, Blunt for bunt. Donahue in this article,...
- Gerard Plourde said I reviewed my Archdiocese’s (Philadelphia) w...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Thank you for these Lenten reflections. I think I...
- J Kusske said I’m heading in to Divine Liturgy at the Russ...
- acardnal said Fr. Z, et al, do not forget to set your clock one...
- MaryAgnesLamb said Just saw this, Father, so prayers commencing now!
- JNVA said Thank you, Father!
- Dave N. said What’s “left to fix” are the bis...
- JoyfulMom7 said Sub tuum praesidium confugimus, Sancta Dei Genetri...
- Cantor said Forgive my bluntness, but Mr. Donahue’s cont...
- Bea said Prayers for you . Take care of yourself, Father. C...
- jflare said jhayes, Whether the USCCB-approved report admit to...
- Vecchio di Londra said The Download link usually works reliably on Google...
- pj_houston said You know the pornographication of our culture is...
- Luvadoxi said Praying Father! What Patrick-K said. Rest as muc...
- Elizium23 said I believe in the tenets of our Church. It’s...
- Minnesotan from Florida said This has been a most enlightening thread, although...
- Scott W. said Well let’s see. –Buffalo got Bp. Malo...
- Vecchio di Londra said Get Well Soon, Father. Psalm 29 said just now for...
- VARoman said I am also blessed to be in the Diocese of Arlingto...
- RJ Sciurus said Ironically, one of Bishop Finn’s first initi...
- acardnal said jhayes wrote, “I wonder if the omission of t...
- Hans said It’s lovely. Then again, it’s not too...
- Art said Done!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 21 October 2011
The destruction inflicted on our churches in the name of Vatican II still makes the angels weep.
However, a restoration is slowly picking up momentum.
Here is a good example.
I like to visit the Cathedral if my native place, St Paul and … Continue reading
It defies reason, but sometimes we still find bishops who think that Summorum Pontificum and Universae Ecclesiae don’t exist and that they can still order matters concerning the older form of Mass according to the now superseded Ecclesia Dei adflicta.
Bishop … Continue reading
From The Catholic League:
BISHOP FINN DESERVES BETTER
October 21, 2011
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on the controversy over Kansas City-St. Joseph Bishop Robert Finn:
The Catholic League will have a lot to say about Bishop Finn and his accusers over the … Continue reading
You might check out an article in the Washington Times about Catholic colleges/universities and the rapidly warming issue of religious liberty, abortion, etc.
Here is the first part of the piece, which gives you an idea of the parameters of the … Continue reading
You might take a few minutes and check out a sermon given by Bishop Robert Finn of Kansas City – St. Joseph posted over at The Catholic Key.
From a priest:
As we know, a priest is only allowed to keep one Mass stipend per day, with those exceptions noted in Canon Law. However, when a
conference/bishop has named a “standard” offering for a Mass, can
local law require a priest to … Continue reading