Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Geoffrey: I really expected Archbishop Gomez to reign in this event little by little. It seems like he has done nothing in this regard. Very sad.
- Red A Surcami: Please pray for the soul of Lt Col Ben L who passed two days ago. Also for my wife’s health and for me to have the grace to be a good care giver.
- Bellarmino Vianney: McCarrick should indeed publicly repent for the most grave evils that he has done – up to and including whatever he was involved with at the last conclave. And it is true...
- FrAnt: I went to the video above on YouTube. At this time it has 7609 views, 73 thumbs down, and 2 thumbs up. A majority of the comments are negative. And the best is that it is in the category of...
- iPadre: This event is the liberal love fest. I just don’ t get how it continues to go on.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Sawyer: Phyllis Zagano will speak twice at the event on the topic of female deacons. All the usual suspects. Can one hope for honesty about the issues in such a context? I doubt...
- Charles Sercer: Spraffmeis ter, Those sound like some reasonable suggestion s. I have nothing against having a full calendar of saints as long as modificati ons for how each ranking is carried out...
- Sawyer: Oh, I forgot to add that Phyllis Zagano will speak twice at the event on the topic of female deacons. Readers can view workshop titles and read descriptio ns here: http://rec ongress...
- Diana: As a new TLM goer, I found this discussion to be very helpful, as I often ask myself the same thing as I watch what others do: “sho uld I be doing that?̶ 1; “why are they...
- Diana: Please pray for my husband 217;s conversion . Thank you.
- semperficatholic: Holy Office January 28, 1954 Warning of the Holy Office concerning the “Pro mises of St. Bridget 221; In some places, a little work has been disseminat ed called the...
- Sawyer: Mahony has been a frequently scheduled speaker over the past several years. Nothing new there. Usually on the immigratio n topic. Fr. James Martin will speak again, of course. Gomez has...
- SanSan: This is insanely remarkable . Who will take over this train wreck and put a stop to it?!
- teomatteo: With all thats going on in the church Archbishop Gomez does… ;.nothing.
- Semper Gumby: Prayers for all intentions here.
- Semper Gumby: Lurker 59, Grant M, et al: Good points. Fr. Murray wrote an open letter to McCarrick, Fr. Z posted it on 19 September.
- barryaltarserver1985: For me to get a job and for a new (and faithful) Archbishop in Washington
- spraffmeister: I think that an approach similar to that of the “Cur rent Tridentine Ordo” ; would be the best option, i.e. follow the principles of St Pius V, in that the saints on the...
- CradleRevert: Those sound like the Mozarabic chant versions of the Lamentatio ns. They are extraordin arily beautiful versions of the Lamentatio ns. We’v e sang them for Tenebrae the last two...
- frjim4321: We have to not only stand on the altar but also put a ladder on it to cover the crucifix for passiontid e. But the altar cloth and corporal are removed and cardboard is put on the marble...
- JamesF-J: For UK readers could I also highly recommend Sams Rosaries: http://www .samsrosar ies.co.uk/ index.php . I have their black agate and sterling silver rosary (lovely weight to it) and they...
- Bellarmino Vianney: Can anyone actually confirm the letter was really written by Vigano? Some have commented on the oddities of such a public letter. It actually makes Vigano look bad to demand...
- JonPatrick: In 2009 when I decided to get serious about my faith I bought a rosary at the gift shop of the Franciscan Friary in Kennebunkp ort ME. It started to fall apart last year, so I bought...
- Julia_Augusta: Thank you for posting this. The rosary I bought at the Basilica Cathedral of St. Cecile in Albi is about to fall apart. I need a new rosary.
- Clinton R.: “In The Present Crisis we need the Most Holy Rosary now more than ever.̶ 1; Amen, Father.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Public penance and public reparation
- Card. Mahony to speak at the Three Days of Darkness
- UPDATE: “the finest rosaries I’ve ever seen” with a new site
- SOS! New Chant Collection: Prière pour temps de détresse … Prayer in time of distress, suffering, urgency… SOS Chant
- ASK FATHER: St. Gertrude’s Prayer and releasing 1000 souls from Purgatory
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- When tweets become problematic
- 4th Letter from Archbishop Viganò
- 14 January – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Standing on altar to change sanctuary lamp.
- ASK FATHER: Feasts of new saints in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Good points in Lawler’s recent book: The Smoke of Satan…
- Two cordial warnings to readers
- ASK FATHER: Excessive pious gestures during Mass
- WDTPRS – Holy Family (1962MR): Families not of blood
- ASK FATHER: Can we use the Breviarium Romanum published by the SSPX?
- FOLLOW UP on Gluten and Celiac post
- ZMIRAK: Hawaii Sen. @maziehirono Is Right. We Must Intern the Knights of Columbus in Camps
- ASK FATHER: Gluten-free madness the work of the Father of Lies?
- Of desecration of liturgy and identity. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- NEW BOOK from William R. Forstchen. “Sauron’s Eye” is about to kill everything on Earth.
- Fun about a box of stuff, a papal tomb and ancient reading glasses (“cheaters”)
- BOOK RECEIVED
- ASK FATHER: “I’m seriously considering adopting some form of sedevacantism”
- ASK FATHER: Advice about homeschooling and High School
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Ready for the Epiphany Blessings
- The Party of Death, having a party at the 116th Congress
- An Argentinian bishop on Communion in the hand
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 22 October 2011
Our friends at Rorate have the news: For the second time this year, and for the third time since Summorum Pontificum came into effect, Pontifical Mass according to the 1962 Missal will be publicly offered in St. Peter’s Basilica. His … Continue reading
I wanted to consolidate on one handy page some of the things I peddle both to keep life and limb together (i.e., income I depend on) and also help religious communities who also need to keep life and limb together. … Continue reading
The snippers and stitchers of the Consilium allowed this Sunday’s prayer to survive unscathed in the post-Conciliar editions of the Missale Romanum. The Collect still echoes the ancient sentiments of Holy Church wherever the Roman Rite’s Ordinary Use of Holy … Continue reading
The Remnant has an article in defense of Bp. Robert Finn of Kansas City-St. Joseph. You learn a lot about a person by what his enemies have to say. The National Catholic Reporter wrote a piece one year after Bishop … Continue reading
On the site of the Diocese of Madison’s paper, The Catholic Herald (not to be confused with The Catholic Herald in the UK), His Excellency Most Rev. Robert Morlino has some observations about liturgy which are worth a look. My … Continue reading
From a reader: Father, I am in a quandary and I wonder if you would offer any advice on how to resolve it? A couple of months ago I was asked to help with the laundering of altar linens as … Continue reading
Yesterday I was at Leaflet Missal Company in St. Paul, Minnesota. The Church goods section there, run by John, can provide priests with the best traditional stuff. John of Church Goods put out all the US editions of the new, … Continue reading
Today, 22 October, is the feast of the glorious martyrs Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Nunilo and Alodia were 9th c. virgin martyrs in Huesca, Spain. They were born to a Muslim father and Christian mother. They chose their mother’s Christianity. … Continue reading