Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- CrimsonCatholic said @Defender of Truth That isn’t true, Bush did...
- excalibur said It isn’t their age, it is something much mor...
- LarryW2LJ said Just seems to me that going out to play golf at su...
- Jerry said re: Defender of Truth Do I understand you to be s...
- Suburbanbanshee said Every baptized Catholic has made “real vows....
- Defender of Truth said It appears that many here, including Fr. Z., have...
- Jerry said re: xgenerationcatholic – “Maybe her r...
- Sofia Guerra said Nazis – Controlling, speech, thought EVERYTH...
- Scott W. said This is why I switched to using Latin whenever som...
- Scott W. said While I am perfectly disposed to believe that we a...
- Kerry said Ultimately fail, when they run out of people to ki...
- LarryW2LJ said And after his statement, POTUS was driven to the M...
- lgreen515 said Me–Check with the Knights of Columbus and th...
- KM Edwards said The practical steps we need to take with our polit...
- vox borealis said That such rules is of course absurd, if not distur...
- KM Edwards said The practical steps we need to lobby for within th...
- Salvelinus said How much more “dialogue” can we contin...
- LeeF said I hope that God grants that I live long enough for...
- David Zampino said It seems to me that the teacher has some issues....
- Broggi66 said You are absolutely correct Uxixu. My children als...
- anna 6 said I highly doubt that Pope Francis would live out hi...
- APX said This is why I switched to using Latin whenever som...
- jfk03 said Mr. Foley bore his cross with grace and humility....
- SaintJude6 said xgenerationcatholic: So, in order to be a good stu...
- slainewe said Dear otter, But is not the “institutional muck of...
- xgenerationcatholic said I wouldn’t be so quick to judge the teacher....
- Cafea Fruor said This kinda makes me want to go punch something, an...
- albinus1 said [Shreck claims that those who don't work with or...
- Cantor said So the students are not allowed to read aloud what...
- Uxixu said Every time I consider the new car or home improvem...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Of “rubber bullets”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Michael Voris interviewed, speaks of the role of singles
- “Stand your ground armed with spiritual weapons!”
- LCWR wrap up
- NYC – Manhattan’s Church of the Holy Innocents – VIDEO
- Just for nice
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Home again, home again
- Bourbon country…
- My View For Awhile: Pontifical Edition
- GLOBAL KILLER ASTEROID ALERT (in other words… GO TO CONFESSION!)
- STUDENTS, PARENTS: Text Books, Back To School, and You
- PRP – 4th Glorious Mystery: The Assumption
- New art from Daniel Mitsui. Inculturation Alert!
- NY Observer: Holy Innocents Church – exploding in popularity
- Pope Francis tells NBC reporter he intends to visit Philadelphia
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 23 October 2011
From a reader:
My friend’s ordination is coming up in a number of months, and I’d like to get him something meaningful and useful. I’m a little short on money, so I have to start planning and saving now.
He’s traditionally-minded (fully … Continue reading
Last year I decided to make, for the first time, my own Christmas Pudding. I got a late start on it. It was delicious.
This year I am going to pay attention to Stir Up Sunday.
20 November is Stir Up Sunday … Continue reading
The title of this post comes from the blog The Recovering Dissident Catholic. Mordant commentary to be sure. Dead on.
My emphases and comments.
Save $100 Now!
I find it interesting that supposed Catholic parishes charge up to 3 figures for yoga, enneagram, … Continue reading
At the end of the Mass for the canonization of three 19th-century founders of religious orders, including don Luigi Guanella, a loon at the end of Mass climbed out on one of the colonnade “arms” which embrace St. Peter’s Square, … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Rev. Joseph Naumanm, Archbishop of Kansas City, Kansas – on the other side of the river from the homoynmous city in Missouri, has waded into the issue of the indictment level at Bp. Robert Finn of Kansas … Continue reading
BISHOPS & PRIESTS: a revival of the Sacrament of Penance is critical for a revival of our Catholic identity.
It is critical to our identity as Catholics to revive the use of the Sacrament of Penance. I think there are some moves in that direction on the part of younger priests, but we need also a grassroots effort … Continue reading
During the riots in Rome, some thugs broke into the Church of Sts. Peter and Marcellinus on corner of the via Labicana and the via Merulana.
Yes, these are the saints mentioned in the Roman Canon and it is a Lenten … Continue reading
From La Stampa:
At the end of his fast, Zen let it be known that he intended to study more closely the Government’s new regulations regarding the management of the region’s sponsored schools
Cardinal Joseph Zen Ze-kiun ended his hunger strike … Continue reading