Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- lsclerkin said chon, Yes. Nothing hurts more than that. And if do...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Fine talk, as usual. And this time, playing it in...
- APX said So does this mean that in France, consecrated vir...
- MikeToo said Father commented on how the weakest character in t...
- APX said And here I’ve been wondering whether it not...
- kpoterack said StnyPtGuy: “The other question at hand is:...
- StnyPtGuy said To get back on track … If I heard correctly,...
- truthfinder said I don’t know if it still is, but in the 1600...
- Venerator Sti Lot said I had something delicious at an Ethiopian restaura...
- Elizium23 said I think that traditionalism and the radical elemen...
- pseudomodo said I wonder what France would do in the case of same...
- mburn16 said To what extent are Priests actually trained in the...
- I am cloudowl said O that we had hard-identity, courageous leaders of...
- I am cloudowl said Good luck trying to consummate…
- Irradiated said Also, due to immemorial custom, muskrat is allowed...
- I am cloudowl said We had a guest preacher, who discussed the temptat...
- Michael said I think he has a particularly good point about spr...
- Jack in NH said We again made the trek to the monthly EF mass. Fa...
- Michael said Perhaps I’ll use this Lent to see if alligat...
- Wiktor said Soon we will see people “marrying” dea...
- RichardT said Changing the clocks is like Canute trying to hold...
- Joan M said When I ate alligator in Asuncion Paraguay it taste...
- Volanges said VexillaRegis, I believe for the purpose of Friday...
- pelerin said I have now found out that post mortem marriages we...
- Chon said I don’t think Abp. Sample cares about a care...
- LeeF said @Supertradmum, I would appreciate if Father could...
- incredulous said Joe, what city do you celebrate the Holy Qurbana i...
- incredulous said Gator meat is very white and flavorless. It takes...
- tzard said More evidence of the push to have marriage be mean...
- VexillaRegis said Sorry, that How should not be there.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 25 October 2011
My friend Fr. John Trigilio, who head the Confraternity of Catholic Clergy, has a not on his blog The Black Biretta about priests and happiness.
Here are a few paragraphs from his longer post, which I encourage you to take a … Continue reading
My friend Jeffrey Tucker knows more than his Gregorian chant. Most of the readers here will know him from The Chant Cafe. Did you know that Tucker also knows a thing or two about economics and that he is on … Continue reading
Here is a survey about YOU. Pass the word to others.
IMPORTANT: Anyone can participate in this survey. I cannot tell who you are or even where you are. If some bishop or priest out there is worried about being identified, … Continue reading
The other day I wrote about the restoration of the spiffy baldachin over the Archbishop’s cathedra in the Cathedral Shrine of St. Paul in Minnesota.
A priest friend, Fr. SR of TX, sent photos from his phone of a new baldachin … Continue reading
In preparing an article for The Catholic Herald, the UK’s best Catholic weekly, I ran across something fun I wrote for the now concluded WDTPRS series’ look at the Third Eucharistic Prayer.
Mundus, a, um is an adjective for “clean, cleanly, … Continue reading
From a reader:
A little trivia for you. Today commemorates the Battle of Agincourt in 1415.
“He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say ‘To-morrow is Saint Crispian:’
Then will he strip his … Continue reading
From the National Terror Alert Response Center page:
Fox News reports a flagrant security flaw in the massively popular Skype video chat service may be putting Internet users worldwide at risk.The serious security breach in the Internet video chat program, which boasts … Continue reading