I have learned that the USCBB has issued a text of a Novena for a Fuller Participation in the Sacrament of the Eucharist for the next nine Fridays, beginning Sept. 30, to help Catholics prepare for the new translation.
DAY/FRIDAY #2 is coming up 7 October.
There are readings and reflections and prayers. They can be lead by lay people, apparently.
- Day One, is dedicated to the intention “That priests will celebrate the Eucharist worthily“. [Do I hear an "Amen!"?]
- Day Two: That all will celebrate the Eucharist with wholehearted trust in God.
- Day Three: That parents will help lead their children to more conscious and active participation in the Eucharist.
- Day Four: That our participation in the Eucharistic Liturgy will lead us to greater care for all members of the Body of Christ.
- Day Five: That those in consecrated life will keep the Eucharist at the center of their lives.
- Day Six: That the Eucharistic Liturgy will be a source of strength and hope for all the faithful.
- Day Seven: That all Christians will grow in unity so as to one day share the one table of the Lord.
- Day Eight: That all the faithful will proclaim the death and resurrection of the Lord through their words and deeds.
- Day Nine: That all those who have died in faith may celebrate at the wedding feast of the Lamb.
Have a look, have a think, and then discuss!
Note that this is a NOVENA… after the nine day period from the Ascension of the Lord to the Descent of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.
Since the same USCCB shortened that nine day liturgical period by moving Ascension Thursday to Sunday, feel free to cut a couple weeks off of their new novena. Just omit the first two Fridays. Same impact, right?