- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- norancor said Priests, wear your cassocks! Father, Just for the...
- Nan said @robtbrown, I see a couple of problems with your s...
- iowapapist said Teejay329: I wore cassocks as an altar boy (before...
- Uxixu said @robtbrown You’ve basically described the pr...
- Gretchen said I think the freedom to publicly applaud the sackin...
- Supertradmum said Excellent sermon by this diocese’s vocations...
- wmeyer said Miss Anita Moore, I was probably insufficiently cl...
- Dcduo said Damn it! I had been self conscious lately about my...
- tcreek said The single social issue overriding all others is f...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said wmeyer says: Miss Anita Moore, all men are sinners...
- robtbrown said Priam1184, Well, we know that the people aren...
- TomG said I think the late Irving Kristol (Bill’s dad)...
- robtbrown said DeaconAugustine, Most of the laity is polite and r...
- wmeyer said Priam1184, you appear to posit a “marketR...
- JohnW said I’m a member of a FSSP parish and our pastor...
- Elizium23 said As a receptionist in the parish office and spendin...
- Priam1184 said @wmeyer Might it be that the world we have create...
- Grabski said Pope Francis spoke quite forthrightly against abor...
- JKnott said I think Father’s explanation is very helpful...
- Sword40 said Thank you, Fr. Z for these wonderful Adventcasts....
- boko fittleworth said Rush Limbaugh said on his show today (Monday) as a...
- BLB Oregon said There are not a few people taking classes in relig...
- acardnal said Despite its flaws, I think Larry Kudlow is right w...
- Siculum said Konichiwa, Mr. or Ms. Konichiwa! I couldn’...
- wmeyer said The market sells what people want to buy–it...
- acricketchirps said But don’t we need permanent deacons and subd...
- djc said Daily mass this feast day was excellent. Father t...
- Deacon Augustine said robtbrown says: “It has been my experience t...
- mamajen said Yes, Gretchen, of course Shaw was incorrect. Why s...
- Henry Edwards said what does it mean when you say that there is “a co...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 11 November 2011
From The Catholic League:
KANSAS CITY CATHOLIC GROUPS SENT KC STAR AD
November 11, 2011 by admin
Filed under Latest News Releases
Catholic League president Bill Donohue speaks to the latest developments regarding its battle with the Kansas City Star:
Yesterday, I was joined by … Continue reading
Today is the feast of St. Martin of Tours, otherwise called Martinmass. I suspect few of you observed the old forty day fast period which would end today. Also, today marks the octave since All Souls Day. Don’t forget: Pray … Continue reading
UPDATE 2034 GMT:
Clarification in the comments below. Useful!
I turned on the TV for a few minutes and people didn’t seem to know what day it is.
In the USA today is Veterans Day. It used to be called Armistice Day … Continue reading
I just the number on my Google Friends widget on the side bar …
Liberals and secularists rail against bishops who are too restrictive or who are perceived to be too controlling. If a bishop actually seeks to govern, they accuse him of being authoritarian, mean-spirited, backward. On the other hand, they think that … Continue reading
From a reader:
Is there an official teaching of the Roman Catholic Church on national socialism, hitlerism and white supremism?
Several people near our community think that ultra-conservative, ultra-radical-”rigthwing” neo-nazism (with a hint of sincretism and perennialism) is the ultimate christian political … Continue reading
From a reader:
Is it right for a pastor to refuse a family’s request for a certain priest to say the funeral mass of a loved one?
There is no way to answer your question, given the lack of additional information … Continue reading
Here are some posts which have scrolled along.
QUAERITUR: Loss of papal honors for priests who are “removed from the active ministry”
Why we need more “ad orientem” worship: “we cannot serve this world with a kind of banal officiousness”
Fortune Cookie? … Continue reading