You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- CatholicMD said St Andrew’s is the local parish in Moore. Th...
- chantgirl said Does anyone know if there is a local Catholic Chur...
- LarryW2LJ said You know back in the Olden Days, when things like...
- PA mom said Re tornados. I find Protestants to be very inspir...
- LarryW2LJ said If I may. In addition to the fine spiritual advic...
- StJude said I notice the same thing… although not weird...
- Anne M. said Phil_NL says: Also since there nowadays is a gap...
- DisturbedMary said Looks like Drudge might be reading Fr. Z…...
- Konstantin said “Fathers, this could be your parish. You wi...
- Phil_NL said I think we should be careful in keeping in mind th...
- Anne M. said In our small OF parish of 430 families we have onl...
- CatholicMD said This is my home state. The same outpouring of fait...
- Bosco said I lived three miles from Three Mile Island near Mi...
- Robbie said As I wrote previously in this comment section, I d...
- acardnal said I noticed the same thing, Fr. Z. The state and lo...
- lampada said The argument running in this thread appears to be...
- maryh said @Austin Catholics says: I never said excluding gir...
- Skeinster said We added a procession to our annual May Crowning t...
- lampada said My diocese has one of the highest numbers of semin...
- chantgirl said I know several NO parish priests who would love to...
- Jayna said I recently graduated with my Masters in Theology a...
- Late for heaven said Having female alter servers leads to confusion at...
- Giuseppe said 1) Girl altar servers can foster vocations, if you...
- Lisa said As soon as our parish started allowing girl altar...
- JabbaPapa said I see nothing significantly wrong with very young...
- Fr AJ said All male servers is a nice idea but in some places...
- SimonDodd said This seems like a fundamentally empirical question...
- Austin Catholics said @maryh “which is why people like Frjim4321 a...
- jesusthroughmary said I remember a few years ago, when a friend of mine...
- tealady24 said For all those affected by the tornado in Moore, OK...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 15 November 2011
First, thanks to everyone who is buying Mystic Monk Coffee from the Carmelites in Wyoming.
I have noticed that the Carmelites have added a 30 Pack Sampler for $60. If you didn’t want to try them all yourself, imagine them as … Continue reading
At the USCCB meeting, Card. Wuerl announced that on 1 January the Ordinariate for Anglicans will begin.
The bishops asked many questions about this Ordinariate.
One of the questions/issues raised concerned the “availability” of former Anglicans ordained as Catholic priests.
As I understand … Continue reading
I was alerted about pilgrimage being arranged by Bishop Morlino of Madison.
12-23 February. Ash Wednesday is 22 February, this year. A chance to be in Rome and maybe even catch part of the Holy Father’s walk (or glide?) from Sant’Anselmo … Continue reading
I received this from the Cardinal Newman Society:
Catholic College Hosts Medium to Contact the Dead
A medium who claims contact with the dead told the Cardinal Newman Society she was invited to Saint Bonaventure University recently where she said she contacted … Continue reading
From a reader:
May a duly commissioned Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion distribute the host at Mass in the Extraordinary Form when the celebrating priest is physically impeded from doing so?
It would seem that paragraph 28 of Universae Ecclesiae precludes the … Continue reading
From Catholic Vote comes this shocker… yes.. I’m shocked! shocked! to find duplicity in this party!
Efforts by the watchdog group Judicial Watch to demand that Justice Elena Kagan recuse herself when Obamacare is brought before the Supreme Court later this … Continue reading
From a reader:
Do you have any suggestions for where I can buy a good Advent wreath online?
Why, yes! I do! Since the Mystic Monks don’t have Advent Wreathes, I suggest that you use my links to Amazon. … Continue reading
I have been watching the USCCB meeting on my desktop via the USCCB site. USCCB didn’t provide a stream for iPhone. But EWTN does! Here. (There are other options there as well.)
It is nice to see that the bishops meeting … Continue reading
A reader sent a splendid photo of coffee things be prepped as gifts!
What a wise, thoughtful, intelligent, cultured, classy, diligent, thrifty reader!
Can you guess where this stuff came from?
Imagine what a great combination that would have made with stuff from … Continue reading