Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Amante de los Manuales: It’s disgusting . It’s infuriatin g. It’s hurtful. (Besides, it looks stupid.)
- majuscule: It’s good to see that the website that reported this is supplying contact informatio n in order to complain (or better yet, express outrage). Why are these goofy examples usually...
- JabbaPapa: Have all of these people, the catholics anyway, just excommunic ated themselves latae sententiae ? Or given that the local Ordinary was seemingly involved, would this require some more...
- JabbaPapa: AFAIK when yoga is practiced purely as an exercise régime it is permissibl e — but when it is proposed as a “spi ritualR 21; exercise, it is to be resolutely shunned in...
- Sagarpriest: To be fair, I think lots of forms of yoga have been drained of any spiritual content. It’s largely suffered, as Americans can do better than anyone, the fate of being rende...
- Uxixu: The permissive heterodox aka Progressiv e wing of the Church reminds me of the Democrats in 2016 not realizing there̵ 7;s a cycle and the shoe will one day, sooner or later, be on the...
- rbbadger: Sadly, other religious communitie s of men aren’ ;t much better. Because I am a priest for a relatively small diocese, the bishop insists that we try to all go on retreat toget...
- Amerikaner: Dear (crazy) Jesuits, You have your reward now. But here’ ;s the rub… you will all meet your Lord and will have to give account of your scandalous ways.
- Midwest St. Michael: Does it seem right? Dear Lord in heaven, no! >=( It is an outrage.
- teomatteo: whoa… ;. how come those men aren’ ;t in yoga pants? Fr. Martin?
- erick: I have been told that the poses of yoga are the bodily worship of eastern gods. If that is so, would this not be a serious problem in the sanctuary?
- Mike: Faithful Catholics don’ t stop being Catholic just because thugs throw around words like ‘int erdictR 17; as if they know what they’ ;re talking about. We pray (especi...
- Stephanus83: I fully understand and accept that Priests cannot wear clerics at every hour of the day. However, is it really that difficult to put on a collar when you’ re making a public...
- GHP: Blase Cardinal Cupich is preaching a real blasé soup-sandw ich (as in “mes sed up like a soup-sandw ich … try eating a soup sandwich and you’ ll get the drift). Geee …...
- Joy65: OK I am trying NOT to be uncharitab le here but WHAT will this priest have to do to get corrected? I mean his words and stand on homosexual ity are not in line with Church teaching and this...
- hwriggles4: My diocese began doing the “Lea ve the Light On” campaign circa 2008, not long after a new bishop arrived. Our newer bishop (arrived last year) is continuing the “...
- YoungLatinMassGuy: It is amazing to me… The Bishops, and the priests and deacons as well, have all managed to turn the Most Epic story in human history, filled with intrigue, betraya...
- Mike: What sells? At least the last time I checked, the posters promoting diocesan vocations and the Retirement Fund for Religious portrayed traditiona l-looking priests, brothers and sisters. Not...
- Antonin: The problem with Spadaro and many of the Italian prelates and western European ones is that they are not accustomed to democracy and the kind of free speech that occurs within the United...
- Fallibilissimo: These discussion s on conscience are all fine and dandy but, speaking of concrete lived experience , maybe it’s time we start hearing something about what obedience and disobed...
- Malta: You are too funny Father! “cat holic Red Guard.R 21; No one who reads your posts could miss that nuance! ToucheR 11;well said!
- Imrahil: Dear JesusFreak 84, or, you could reconsider your position (which is apparently “the State is the Christian& #8217;s enemy̶ 1;) in favor of the Catholic position, which is that...
- Pharisee: Henry VIII didn’ ;t want to keep his wedding vows. What’ ;s happening now is the popularisa tion of that oath-break ing. Christ points towards Calvary. We must renounce sin, and...
- Bunky: My late father, who loved Vatican II, had actually seen the Pope’ ;s demonstrat ion of the New Mass back then. At the time, he said, priests had a question as to who, precisely, would...
- FrankWalshingham: Living in DC, I have seen then let Dominican priests from across the street and FSSP priests say Mass in the Extraordin ary Form at the Basilica. Its a shame they are discrim...
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- BRAZIL: Did these bishops allow women to concelebrate Mass?
- Promoted by @JamesMartinSJ – Jesuits have yoga in church sanctuary at a school
- LENTCAzT 2018 09 – Thursday in the 1st Week of Lent: The inexhaustible virtue of the Word
- Fr. Murray on “lived experience”, “accompaniment”, “conscience”
- More news from the New catholic Red Guard
- Making the Church appealing. What “sells”?
- LENTCAzT 2018 08 – Wednesday in the 1st Week of Lent: Never ending combat
- 20 Feb – Feast of Sts Francisco and Jacinta of Fatima
- Of “paradigm shift” interest
- Spain: young people dancing a jota in reparation for blasphemy against the Blessed Virgin
- Mega-Masses and too many Hosts
- The State v. Self-Reliance
- LENTCAzT 2018 07 – Tuesday in the 1st Week of Lent: subtle temptation
- Attacks on the family
- My View For Awhile: Capital Edition
- Books for boys. Suggested titles and an additional point.
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
- LENTCAzT 2018 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: Anger and Reason
- Commandments are NOT mere “ideals” from which some are excused because, “They’re tooo haaard!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- JUST TOO COOL – Cops, ashes, and podcasts
- VIDEO Fr. Murray and Prof. Royal on some tough issues
- LENTCAzT 2018 04 – Ash Saturday: Getting ready for… it.
- Pontifical Requiem Mass for a great lover of the Church’s sacred liturgy
- LENTCAzT 2018 03 – Ash Friday: Grant me a little more time
- Role of #MSM in mass shootings: If it bleeds, it leads. Angry @fatherz asks fearful questions
- Wherein Fr. Z rants in the wake of the Florida school mass murder
- Friday after Ash Wednesday: Feast of the Crown of Thorns
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 22 November 2011
The National catholic Reporter … quousque tandem?
The Fishwrap brings us today the “sermon” of a woman who thinks she is a priest. She is a member of the big-puppet crew, the wymynpryst thingie.
Honestly, as I read this I had a … Continue reading
The nice people at Angelus Press wrote to let me know that:
… this upcoming Monday, November 28, Angelus Press will be offering Free Shipping on all orders to the continental United States. I’m letting you know since I think that … Continue reading
From a readerette (as is):
I am a lady of an age group that never was allowed on the alter. I
always love to see the little server girls and so wish it had been
allowed in my day. I am a Eucharistic … Continue reading
From the intrepid Andrea Tornielli of Vatican Insider. Not my translation, but my emphases and comments:
New Vatican commission cracks down on church architecture
The new commission will be established shortly, as part of the Congregation for Divine Worship. It will also … Continue reading