Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Rachel K said Doesn’t St. Peter’s have a high altar...
- Polycarp said Praying for you. I hope you feel much better soon!
- Rachel K said MikeM221 thanks for the link to the close up of t...
- OrthodoxChick said I have a very arduous chore to tackle today, which...
- bookworm said I recently read “A Canticle for Leibowitz...
- Liz said We are praying for you, Father. I hope you get bet...
- xavier217 said Prayers for your health and ministry.
- lisebaur said I am listening with my teenage sons and I’ve...
- marypatricia said Praying.
- benedetta said Praying you are feeling better this morning.
- Legisperitus said I wonder what church he is standing in. Hope it...
- jflare said “Oh, another reckless misinterpretation of d...
- Netmilsmom said Prayers up!
- benedetta said Sounds like kind of a hit piece on the part of the...
- jflare said Um, frjim, what do you mean by “reservation...
- jflare said “Chantgirl: However, his comments are more e...
- SKAY said Praying for you Father.
- Cathy said Lord Jesus, I pray this day that Father Zuhlsdorf,...
- Mr. Green said Cajuncath: The pope has made a crop of disturbing...
- Uxixu said I’ve been reading the Rule of the Templars w...
- jhayes said tbakker, the conclusion of the John Jay study as a...
- Uxixu said Though I suppose they ARE a barrier, though I gues...
- Uxixu said @Wiktor my parish (built in 1960) has a marble alt...
- kay said Between your LentCAzt and saying the rosary w/othe...
- Patrick-K said Don’t overextend yourself. Have a hot whiske...
- RafqasRoad said Fr. Z., I have just offered prayer for your quick...
- Mr. Green said Fr. Z: But don’t trumpet the fact and don’t look...
- LeslieL said Ahhh….I’m sorry. Certainly sending pr...
- lsclerkin said Just prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet for you. In L...
- Mr. Green said CrimsonCatholic: Why do so many Catholics read eve...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 26 November 2011
In the past – quite a long time ago now, actually – I wrote some short stories about a fictional place with the parishes, in this deanery at least, of St. Ipsidipsy (in Tall Tree Circle), St. Fidelia (in Benedictburg), … Continue reading
Many thanks go out to all who have been so helpful and generous with donations and items from the wish lists. Each time something arrives it is a shot in the arm.
On Monday, 28 November, I will say another Mass … Continue reading
In this rapid PODCAzT I return to a hymn I dissected a few years ago in another of these audio projects, the hymn for Vespers during Advent, Conditor or Creator alme siderum, in the Ordinary and Extraordinary Forms of the … Continue reading
We have waited a long time for this.
The clock has inexorably ticked away. The date for the implementation of the whole of the new, corrected translation – Order and Proper – has finally arrived for the UK and for the … Continue reading
There will be a new apostolic nuncio in Ireland, and his name is.. will be Archbishop Charles Brown.
A glance at his CV shows that he’s got real intellectual game.
Il Santo Padre ha nominato Nunzio Apostolico in Irlanda il Rev.do Mons. … Continue reading
Here is a great restoration story from the History Blog.
The Dulwich Picture Gallery in London unveiled the results of a two-year restoration of Saint Cecilia, a Baroque masterpiece currently attributed to the school of Annibale Caracci. The 17th … Continue reading
On the news this morning I saw multiple videos of the mayham, the utter bedlam, the violent lunacy of the mob at stores which opened early on Black Friday with “door buster” deals and sales. In one case, the mob … Continue reading
The other day I received and reviewed the Altar Edition of the new Roman Missal (with the new corrected translation) published by the Catholic Truth Society in England. It is a wonderful book, and on reflection I think it … Continue reading