When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- russlem said Yesterday’s Mass included about 12 kids who...
- snoozie said “Fathers! Get ready!” Indeed it’...
- SKAY said Would a florist who is Christian and even more to...
- jmcj said Idaho, of all places. Who’d have thought?
- Dennis Martin said Just to clarify, the article is from October 20, 2...
- benedictgal said These words are heart-breaking, considering the st...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Fr. Bryan says: “glad you got the Radiogram&...
- Skeinster said Got to Mass super late- flat tire- and was sitting...
- Fr. Bryan said Fr. Z, glad you got the Radiogram #1501 from my st...
- Giuseppe said I know nothing ’bout no Ham radio, but I do...
- Charles E Flynn said Our pastor was away on retreat this Sunday. A visi...
- Rob in Maine said Father, Ha! I was out with the Scout Troop this we...
- Fr. Pius, OP said It’s amazing how similar the mosaic of Santa...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Hams have been helping in the response to the eart...
- boxerpaws1952 said you can do it Father!! i took my general and passe...
- boxerpaws1952 said the article calls the display of faith ‘harr...
- rben said I definitely make use of the Extra privileges. If...
- LarryW2LJ said Father Z, I would suspect that one of the local 2...
- Max said I’m glad to hear you’re doing the Ham...
- Grumpy Beggar said From the Wisconsin State Journal article quoting F...
- Allan S. said Reconverted Idiot = Strawman Slayer. Most concise...
- The Masked Chicken said Whenever we get the Catholic game group up and run...
- The Masked Chicken said This math is best done on a slide rule :) but if y...
- The Cobbler said Now all we need is a science fiction novel where t...
- jflare said I quite enjoy seeing the crowd reaction and hearin...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- T -166: The Eternal Struggle | The Deus Ex Machina Blog said […] through Fr. Z’s blog, (see here) I...
- Reconverted Idiot said Fr Jim, would you insist especially that they deco...
- jflare said “What if I had been a neo Nazi with a swasti...
- jflare said From reading the article, I find I must either cry...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ACTION ITEM! US CLERGY! Sign letter urging Synod to uphold Catholic teaching on marriage and family!
- IDAHO: City ordinance says pastors must “marry” homosexuals or go to jail
- National Morse Code Day… and….
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS: 4th Sunday of Easter (2002MR) – Our humility and the might of the Shepherd
- Heads up! Reactions to my post about destruction of Christian businesses still rolling in.
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday
- Benedict XVI 10 years ago: “Pray for me…”
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): Be distinguished by your profession of Christ!
- Wherein Fr. Z is, again, in a SciFi novel
- Feedback and a confessional story
- Notes on Eucharistic Prayer II
- Another morsel for #TalkLikeShakespeare Day
- Thanks to readers, monthly donations, Mass for benefactors
- A curious lacuna in ‘Misericordiae vultus’, the Bull for the Holy Year of Mercy
- A Talk Like Shakespeare Day Gift to the Fair Readership that frequenteth This Blog
- ASK FATHER: Continuously adding tap water to Holy Water
- ASK FATHER: Inviting children to stand around the altar? Fail!
- Reader Check-up: Testing a new mobile theme
- ASK FATHER: Seminarians required to stand for Communion. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Have a brainy happy birthday Roma! (Father Z’s Kitchen)
- SWISS GUARD ARMOR UPDATE!
- ASK FATHER: St. Michael Prayer after Novus Ordo Masses
- ASK FATHER: Shoulder cape on cassocks for priests
- ASK FATHER: Using the traditional offertory prayers in the Novus Ordo. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- More about my post: “When they come to destroy your business because you are pro-traditional family”
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Remembering Card. George with the Canons of St. John Cantius
- ACTION ITEM! Newly widowed mother of EIGHT! Please help.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 30 November 2011
BENEDICT XVI’S PRAYER INTENTIONS FOR DECEMBER
VATICAN CITY, 30 NOV 2011 (VIS) – Benedict’s general prayer intention for December is: “That all peoples may grow in harmony and peace through mutual understanding and respect”.
His mission intention is: “That children … Continue reading
There can be no renewal of any aspect of our Catholic lives and identity without first a revitalization of our liturgical worship.
A reader sent me a link to a letter of 18 November 2011 and accompanying decrees concerning the sacred … Continue reading
For your “Brick by Brick” file, comes this from Trenton, NJ. Several people wrote to me about about this.
There is a newly-established Latin Mass at St. Anthony’s in Trenton at 12:15 pm every Sunday. St. Anthony’s is located in … Continue reading
From a reader:
‘Should Catholic priests be reported to the local Bishop if they go up and receive the Episcopal ‘communion’ at a funeral for one of their clergymen?
When their ‘communion’ time came around, I saw the Catholic priests go up … Continue reading
Do you recall that a while ago I posted about Whooping Cough? People cough so violently and so long from this, called “Pertussis”, that they break ribs. Children can die.
Whooping cough is very infectious and it is coming … Continue reading
Why, oh why, give time and attention to the loons of the Huffington Post? One piece, sent by a reader who slogs through this rubbish so I don’t have to, merits a few minutes because it is emblematic of the … Continue reading
It isn’t rocket science.
The theological and moral bizzaro-world into which US seminaries sank Atlantis-like over the decades of the 60s to the 80s is over. They didn’t sink in a day, and they won’t be raised in a day either.
But … Continue reading
From the site of the Diocese of Raleigh:
Bishop Burbidge Requests Novena for Seminarian Philip Johnson
The Most Reverend Michael F. Burbidge has announced a novena to Our Holy Mother, patroness of the Diocese of Raleigh, on behalf of seminarian … Continue reading
On the site of the newspaper of the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minnesota, The Catholic Spirit, there is a list of reasons why we go to Mass. It seems the Catholic Spirit have plucked this from Card. O’Malley of … Continue reading
From my friend Fr. Blake’s blog:
The Archbisop of Westminster said at a recent press following the Bishop bi-annual meeting:
We would want to emphasise that civil partnerships actually provide a structure in which people of the same sex who want a … Continue reading