Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said RANCHER: Could be. But, in the meantime…
- Hans said I am on vacation! It may not affect many people,...
- 'Catholic' Fashion Style - BigPulpit.com said [...] Ignitum Today Book Review: “7 Secrets of the...
- 'Catholic' Fashion Style - BigPulpit.com said [...] The Clap! Time To End Clapping At Mass ̵...
- marcelus said So Bosco it’s safe to say you are not too fo...
- RANCHER said Having been a cop in Los Angeles when MS 13 had it...
- RANCHER said Chief Lanier is as “PC” as they come....
- Bea said Thanks, Bishops, for your misconceived sense of ch...
- StJude said I did some family research last year and found a g...
- msmsem said Fr. Jim: “Something in the culture, and I ha...
- Elizabeth D said Have I opposed police being armed? I live in an ef...
- Bea said Be not disturbed by the statements made from the V...
- boxerpaws1952 said “And so Israel started the cycle of hatred t...
- incredulous said Danidunn, stop it. It’s not like these chil...
- Allan S. said I clued into the “Alaska” thing right...
- William Tighe said There is also, Keith, Article XXIX: XXIX. Of the W...
- incredulous said Elizabeth, I strongly recommend a sign for your la...
- Suburbanbanshee said Jesus Christ praised armed soldiers as much as he...
- JuliB said To me it seems like a way to witness when someone...
- Martial Artist said There are those in the Anglican world who believe...
- acardnal said Robbie, thanks for that tip! It will be released...
- ASPM Sem said Bishop Lee Piche sang a bit of a song by the band...
- timfout said Our associate pastor, who is from India, said very...
- Robbie said If anyone is interested, the BBC produced a wonder...
- acardnal said Link to “Dance in the Liturgy” from 19...
- Bosco said Dear Father Z., You wrote: “As I have been s...
- midwestmom said Obviously Francis was speaking in global terms but...
- jhayes said The biretta seems to have become a more widely use...
- Wiktor said Strong words on how evil often appears to be nice...
- acardnal said Polycarpio, for clarification, it’s worth no...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- His Hermeneuticalness, priest and hacker
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
- Napa Institute: Day 3
- Is Pres. Obama going to “nullify” immigration laws?
- Illegal immigrants: what to do?
- CAPTION CALL
- MIAMI: Pro-Hamas demo: “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
- Chow Line for “Cafeteria Catholics” (heh)
- Napa Institute: Day 2
- Another helpful suggestion (heaven help us)
- Napa Institute Conference: Day 1
- Latin America needs a revolution: a liberal and Catholic revolution
- “Annulments” and a distinction: juridical and/or sacramental
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 30 November 2011
BENEDICT XVI’S PRAYER INTENTIONS FOR DECEMBER
VATICAN CITY, 30 NOV 2011 (VIS) – Benedict’s general prayer intention for December is: “That all peoples may grow in harmony and peace through mutual understanding and respect”.
His mission intention is: “That children … Continue reading
There can be no renewal of any aspect of our Catholic lives and identity without first a revitalization of our liturgical worship.
A reader sent me a link to a letter of 18 November 2011 and accompanying decrees concerning the sacred … Continue reading
For your “Brick by Brick” file, comes this from Trenton, NJ. Several people wrote to me about about this.
There is a newly-established Latin Mass at St. Anthony’s in Trenton at 12:15 pm every Sunday. St. Anthony’s is located in … Continue reading
From a reader:
‘Should Catholic priests be reported to the local Bishop if they go up and receive the Episcopal ‘communion’ at a funeral for one of their clergymen?
When their ‘communion’ time came around, I saw the Catholic priests go up … Continue reading
Do you recall that a while ago I posted about Whooping Cough? People cough so violently and so long from this, called “Pertussis”, that they break ribs. Children can die.
Whooping cough is very infectious and it is coming … Continue reading
Why, oh why, give time and attention to the loons of the Huffington Post? One piece, sent by a reader who slogs through this rubbish so I don’t have to, merits a few minutes because it is emblematic of the … Continue reading
It isn’t rocket science.
The theological and moral bizzaro-world into which US seminaries sank Atlantis-like over the decades of the 60s to the 80s is over. They didn’t sink in a day, and they won’t be raised in a day either.
But … Continue reading
From the site of the Diocese of Raleigh:
Bishop Burbidge Requests Novena for Seminarian Philip Johnson
The Most Reverend Michael F. Burbidge has announced a novena to Our Holy Mother, patroness of the Diocese of Raleigh, on behalf of seminarian … Continue reading
On the site of the newspaper of the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minnesota, The Catholic Spirit, there is a list of reasons why we go to Mass. It seems the Catholic Spirit have plucked this from Card. O’Malley of … Continue reading
From my friend Fr. Blake’s blog:
The Archbisop of Westminster said at a recent press following the Bishop bi-annual meeting:
We would want to emphasise that civil partnerships actually provide a structure in which people of the same sex who want a … Continue reading