Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Click the image below (they took away our search box!). Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Malta: Let’ s get the acronym correct, it’s “LGG BDTTTIQQAA PP” (source: https://ww w.snopes.c om/fact-ch eck/lggbdt ttiqqaapp- lgbt-inclu siveness-t raining-fl yer/) Pretty...
- jaykay: “to keep conservati ve sexual norms as the touchstone of Catholic identity rather than, say, commitment to the poor?̶ 1; And there is a dichotomy between the two? I’m sure a...
- TonyO: They just make it up as they go along. A couple of years ago, they did not identify 5 criteria, it was 3. Next year it will be 6 or 7. In 3 more years, someone will say “it& #8217;s...
- richiedel: “The recent proposal to advance the dignity of a person by radically eliminatin g sexual difference and, as a result, our understand ing of man and woman, is not right. Instead of...
- Mike: Besides, most Chicago Catholics are very liberal. . . . This point accentuate s the real issue. Irrespecti ve of personal ideologica l bent, when a bishopR 17;s top priority is to keep...
- John V: Well, since the Prefect has “tak en a step back” ; and is now an Assessor, I suppose this doesn̵ 7;t really qualify as the practice of “pro moveatur ut amoveat...
- Subdeacon Joseph: http://i.i mgur.com/z W4ryxy.jpg
- boxerpaws63: XY. XX exactly. they left that critical element[BI OLOGY] out of their ‘cha rt’.
- Lucas: I can’ t believe this hasn’ ;t been stopped yet.
- cpt-tom: The fact that is from a CATHOLIC event, much less one sponsored by an Ordinary in a diocese called the “Cit y of AngelsR 21;, is just astounding and evil. Demonic indeed. How...
- boxerpaws63: I can’ t take it.how can we fight back? You tell us HOW Father Z.we’ ;re there.
- David: They can’ t try to sneak this junk in under the ‘Fra ncis Revolution ’ banner. The Holy Father has consistent ly condemned contempora ry gender theory in the harshest terms.
- Carrie: I think that was the point. Christ’s commitment to the poor, society outcasts, etc— was the heart of his life and ministry. It’s not just good. As followers of Christ— it IS the touchst...
- Geoffrey: Where is Archbishop Gomez?!
- OrdoMilitaris: If you want to order one as a gift, in the Message Field of the Payment form, put Ship as a Gift to XXX, where XXX is the name and address. 5 of you never gave us an address nor an...
- Lucas: Oh man, this is amazing! I was on the fence, but I kinda think I need it. Can these still be ordered? I absolutely love one, but I can’ t front the $135 now, I just need to save a bit...
- JabbaPapa: It’s quite openly demonic — pray for us Michael, Saint Athanasius , Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich.
- Benedict Joseph: Now I have to buy it!
- Semper Gumby: Thanks to Fr. Z and commenters for info in these Lettergate posts.
- CatholicNerdGirl: How sad that Catholic institutio ns promote such things! Unfortunat ely, we have the same garbage being taught in “Catholic’ schools in the name of tolerance. God help anybody who...
- Charles E Flynn: The “Gen derbread PersonR 21; graphic is missing the thought balloon above the head that contains “Whe n I grow up, I will sue every person involved in making...
- Sawyer: There was also a prayer at the Saturday morning prayer service that expressed disappoint ment that families that once accepted and loved their daughters shunned them when they became...
- Mike: The Rome conference sounds great. I’ll be sorry to miss it, but not sorry for the reason, which is that I’m booked to attend the Catholic Family News conference , “Wea pons...
- TimFinnegan: OrdoMilita ris: I ordered one but I wanted to know if making another donation would be just like placing another order. Also, how might I order one as a gift for Father Z? Thank you in...
- ChrisP: You know, this kind of thing is enough to trigger the southern San Andreas fault. And Joseph Sciambra is doing a fantastic job of bringing this kind of craziness to light. He is a fantas...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- How bad was the Three Days of Darkness this year?
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Fishwrap’s Wile E. Coyote v. @DouthatNYT and his new book for Pope Francis’ 5th anniversary
- The Extraordinary Form “raises the bar”
- Lettergate produces a casualty: Msgr. Viganò. Well… not quite.
- LENTCAzT 2018 36 – Wednesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: It’s madness!
- ROME – 7 April – Conference: “Catholic Church, Where Are You Going?”
- UPDATE & ACTION ITEM for St. John Cantius in Chicago – @SJCantius
- “Not so fast!”, says the damned soul. “Amoris laetitia says,…”.
- LENTCAzT 2018 35 – Tuesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: “Have mercy on me, at least you, my friends!”
- UPDATE on ACTION ITEM! Pray for important pro-life SCOTUS case! Arguments on 20 March.
- A charming 15th century view of St. Joseph
- My View For Awhile: Northward
- Author of “The Dictator Pope” revealed (officially) and book format now available
- LENTCAzT 2018 34 – Monday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: sin makes you stoopid
- ASK FATHER: Absolution at jail through glass, phone in visitor’s room
- The fruits of dumbing everything down, down, ever down.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and Passion Sunday POLL: veils on images
- LENTCAzT 2018 33 – 1st Passion Sunday, 5th of Lent: marked with the light of Thy countenance
- Dumb down liturgy. Great idea, right?
- UPDATE: Even more comes about The Letter™: additional missing text
- FSSP North America Blog
- WDTPRS 5th Sunday of Lent: Undergoing liturgical death
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,…” The Lorica of St Patrick
- LENTCAzT 2018 32 – Saturday in the 4th Week of Lent: ungenerous, unscrupulous
- UPDATES – More of and about The Letter™ of Benedict XVI on the booklets
- Fr. Stravinskas breaks it down to the essential
- The Three Days of Darkness 2018 are underway in LA!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2018 31 – Friday in the 4th Week of Lent: Innocence, Penitence, Priesthood
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 13 December 2011
From a reader:
On the fest of Our Lady of Guadeloupe the local parish here had Aztec
liturgical dancing during the offertory. Everything else was fine, but this seemed a bit off.
It opened with the dancers running to the altar accompanied by a
excruciatingly … Continue reading
Sr. Fiedler may finally be having some memory problems. She has a deeply confused and poorly written piece in the National catholic Fishwrap lauding the Magisterium of Hillary Clinton, who definitively teaches Fishwrap about the human rights of people who … Continue reading
My friends Frs. Blake and Finigan have blog entries about the bashing of Bp Davies by The Tablet (aka The Bitter Pill aka RU-486)
From Fr Finigan:
[…] Bishop Davies said to the young people that a previous generation failed to pass … Continue reading
I posted about the Mercy Sister in Phoenix who approved a direct abortion at a Catholic hospital. The local Bishop, confirmed that she had incurred an automatic excommunication. Then a story emerged that she, Sr. McBride, had been reconciled. … Continue reading
From time to time I have mentioned Wyoming Catholic College, which trains students in a modified form of the Trivium and Quadrivium, and makes sure they know their Latin, have the TLM, and how to take care of a horse.
I’ve … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am having difficulties reconciling my love of the EF Mass with the
fact that sometimes I miss the OF Mass and it’s corny music. You know, sometimes I miss being able to expressively belt out Table of Plenty or something … Continue reading