Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- semperficatholic said I suggest a huge bubble machine if they have to re...
- The Masked Chicken said “All this talk about rabbit is making me hun...
- DeGaulle said Have I missed the anti-condom protests from the an...
- arbogene said It seems it is only a matter of time until the ...
- Eugene said Just completed the donation, living in Canada an w...
- JonPatrick said frbkelly; “Natural Family Planning is a good...
- jacobi said @Absit, Take all these stats, Vatican or otherwise...
- Clinton R. said jhayes: “That was superseded in 1983 by Cano...
- Singing Mum said I think training up male instituted acolytes who t...
- Absit invidia said It’s striking to notice how during the 1970&...
- lampada said Responsible parenthood. Responsible parenthood me...
- frbkelly said It may be true that having lots of kids does not m...
- williamjm said As an eighteen-year-old, I would like to share my...
- frbkelly said friarpark says: frbkelly : concerning the sound re...
- Bosco said Does anyone remember a movie titled “Harvey&...
- majuscule said I wonder if ad orientem celebration would encourag...
- jameeka said It does look like a lot of work, but quite beautif...
- Philippa Martyr said PS. At Wednesday evening Mass – which we att...
- frjim4321 said Rob, “Not only must Justice be done; it mus...
- Philippa Martyr said You know, I would be lost without this blog. There...
- Philippa Martyr said “71% of the priests currently ministering in the U...
- RAve said frjim logical is not.
- RobS said “Feeling excluded” is not the same thi...
- david andrew said http://youtu.be/qbh_aCZo6L4
- C. said This is in contradiction to my understanding of Di...
- ts said This releasing of balloons seems to have the same...
- Cody said Here in Texas there are a lot of Hispanic families...
- Macgawd said Our parish adopted this posture for Advent, in ant...
- frjim4321 said “71% of the priests currently ministering in...
- The Astronomer said Done.
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
- Happy Name Day, Card. Burke!
- WASH DC – DAY 1: March and Pontifical Mass
- A great quote
- My View For Awhile: Yeah… I know….
- If you want peace, DEFEND LIFE!
- Samuel Gregg on Benedict XVI’s Regensburg Address and Islamic Jihadism
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ESOLEN: How to kill vocations – Feminize everything!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 31 December 2011
The new Ordinariate for Anglicans will be official on 1 January 2011.
Members will be received and shepherds will be appointed.
May I ask your prayers for everyone involved in this new initiative of unity?
Remember to say a prayer for Pope Benedict … Continue reading
You know the story of Oedipus.
Here is a terracotta bell-krater from Paestum in S Italy. It is attributed to Python in the last quarter of the 4th c. BC.
In S Italy the tragic Oedipus was sometimes depicted in the … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to this amusing bit at the blog Acts of Apostasy. Apparently a parishonert at Divine Tambourine parish was fed up with the liturgical abuses inflicted by the priest and, having been rebuffed a few times, … Continue reading
From a reader:
I want to purchase a daily Missal for the first time in my 53 years. I
want to buy the “best” version. However, I do not know what that is. I searched your site first as well as NLM … Continue reading
Is kneeling the new standing?
From a deacon:
We just finished a refurbishing of the inside of our church shortly
before Christmas which included bringing out of the basement the old
altar rail and re-installing it . For midnite mass our pastor
announced before mass … Continue reading
It is of critical importance that we rebuild, revive the use of the Sacrament of Penance. One way to start would be to hear confessions for a few minutes before Masses.
From a reader:
I’ve noticed over the last … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am a new convert to the Faith within the last nine months, and I am
still in the process of joining the Church formally. As such I’m still
learning a good deal about the Church, her liturgy, etc. One … Continue reading