Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Mike said . . . where are all the Christian, Hindu, Buddhis...
- Thomas S said I remembering hearing that the rainbow flag had a...
- DeGaulle said ’ He described wannabe jihadists as ‘bored, under...
- benedetta said No women you say? Oooo. I predict a full page ed...
- acardnal said Maybe Cat Stevens will sing “Peace TrainR...
- benedetta said Bracing myself for all the excellent proposed alte...
- benedetta said I actually was thinking that this would establish...
- Andrew Saucci said My first reaction is that today is September 1, no...
- Long-Skirts said but just IMAGINE… Imagine no Tradition It...
- benedetta said You don’t think playing soccer will be enoug...
- Cantor said UPDATE: No women are playing in the game, either....
- Mike said I believe that Chicago is the only Archdiocese in...
- Moro said Wow. Fr. Jim and Fr. Z agree on something. Thanks...
- Jackie L said Evidently even NcR knows it has a problem with it&...
- Imrahil said Dear Rachel K, I’d think that other than Fre...
- Imrahil said The Rev’d dear Fr Jim is right spot on here....
- Venerator Sti Lot said Rachel K, Thank you for the Belloc reference. Cron...
- Venerator Sti Lot said TaylorKH, I fear you did not get it right: “...
- Tina in Ashburn said @TaylorKH: Fr. Z never says anywhere “their...
- Fr Martin Fox said Mine was a simple homily this week. I talked about...
- rcg said This has been a great thread. I recall a priest s...
- mysticalrose said The priest gave an excellent homily on not separat...
- SKAY said TaylorKH said– “I am disappointed that...
- (X)MCCLXIII said Further common on the “left-wing” busi...
- (X)MCCLXIII said Dear cwillia1, I’ve just googled “musl...
- Gaz said Unfortunately, this becomes an Animal Farm argumen...
- teejay329 said “Uxixu, From reading your post I can reasona...
- JARay said I see” The Guardian” mentioned a coupl...
- (X)MCCLXIII said Dear donadrian, I think I can answer your question...
- Tina in Ashburn said Dear APX, I’m guessing that Uxixu is citing...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- UPDATE – Soccer game for peace!
- ASK FATHER: Hand missals, Mass books for children
- ASK FATHER: Father gave me a penance that discouraged me.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NIGERIA: The Religion of Peace terrorizes Catholic parishes
- WDTPRS 22nd Ordinary Sunday: graft into our hearts the love of Your Name
- GUEST POST: “I celebrated the Traditional Latin Mass before today’s exorcism…”
- ASK FATHER: EMHCs when instituted acolytes are present
- Time in Rome is a sacrifice, not a career move.
- ACTION ITEM! Pre-Order (25% off) Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- Muslim rape gangs enabled by the Left
- Aroma Therapy – Catholic style
- ASK FATHER: So angry from liturgical abuses that I didn’t go to Communion!
- 29 August: Beheading of St. John the Baptist – diminishing returns
- ACTION ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Archdiocese needs your help
- ASK FATHER: Metropolitan Archbishops and Pontifical Masses
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- Wherein Fr. Z dies a painful death
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 31 December 2011
The new Ordinariate for Anglicans will be official on 1 January 2011.
Members will be received and shepherds will be appointed.
May I ask your prayers for everyone involved in this new initiative of unity?
Remember to say a prayer for Pope Benedict … Continue reading
You know the story of Oedipus.
Here is a terracotta bell-krater from Paestum in S Italy. It is attributed to Python in the last quarter of the 4th c. BC.
In S Italy the tragic Oedipus was sometimes depicted in the … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to this amusing bit at the blog Acts of Apostasy. Apparently a parishonert at Divine Tambourine parish was fed up with the liturgical abuses inflicted by the priest and, having been rebuffed a few times, … Continue reading
From a reader:
I want to purchase a daily Missal for the first time in my 53 years. I
want to buy the “best” version. However, I do not know what that is. I searched your site first as well as NLM … Continue reading
Is kneeling the new standing?
From a deacon:
We just finished a refurbishing of the inside of our church shortly
before Christmas which included bringing out of the basement the old
altar rail and re-installing it . For midnite mass our pastor
announced before mass … Continue reading
It is of critical importance that we rebuild, revive the use of the Sacrament of Penance. One way to start would be to hear confessions for a few minutes before Masses.
From a reader:
I’ve noticed over the last … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am a new convert to the Faith within the last nine months, and I am
still in the process of joining the Church formally. As such I’m still
learning a good deal about the Church, her liturgy, etc. One … Continue reading