Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Fr. A.M. said I must say that when I elevate the Host or Chalice...
- Jack007 said As an aside, in our FSSP parish, the actual church...
- benedetta said Our Senators and all legislators need to be remind...
- Matt R said It is as if Fr. Z. read my mind on the bells…...
- Mike said I abstain from the poll. If the celebration of Mas...
- Jack007 said You rang? LOL
- Bryan D. Boyle said Hate to say it, but anytime I see the inference of...
- Gail F said He talked about a possible miracle he had been pre...
- Gail F said If I lived there I’d write and call and say...
- Gail F said I’d say around 3 seconds, maybe up to 7. Too...
- Wiktor said I’d wish priests celebrating versus populum...
- Chuck3030 said The statistician in me wonders if 4-6 seconds woul...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay) said As a side note, the artwork on this flyer bodes il...
- wanda said Done.
- Fr. Timothy Ferguson said Would it be possible – or even advisable ...
- yatzer said I do live in one of those states. Yesterday when I...
- Michelle F said I voted for more than 10 seconds. I know prayer bo...
- Allan S. said 9pm EDT..sorry father, I’m still pretty new...
- Imrahil said Quoth the patron (in this case, the real one) of t...
- Joe of St Thérèse said 5-7 s….seems okay, but there should be flow,
- Julian Barkin said Father et al. After your colourful description, I...
- kimberley jean said Timing the priest?
- Highstream said “Lord Jesus have mercy on me a sinner.”
- FL_Catholic said I voted more thatn 10 seconds. For many Catholics...
- iPadre said Pope Clement XIV – Pray for us!
- APX said Yes, this is all fine and good, but what about the...
- moon1234 said I can’t get past the images. Where do they...
- majuscule said I voted 5 to 7 seconds although I would be fine wi...
- moon1234 said Bells are somewhat a parish thing. In the EF our...
- PA mom said Done. Now will pray.
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS (33)
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass (27)
- Camille Paglia strikes again! (24)
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching (24)
- Liberals – unmasked (19)
- MUNICH: “Married” lesbian remains head of day care center (17)
- ASK FATHER: Really long Elevation, Consecration – POLL (17)
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes (14)
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s cassocks with shoulder capes (12)
- ASK FATHER: Gregorian Masses (12)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Really long Elevation, Consecration – POLL
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT MONDAY – US Senate votes to DEFUND Planned Parenthood – CALL SENATORS
- ROME: “Shadow Synod” II September 10-12
- Catholic League on the publicly funded hate speech in Milwaukee
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!” – Memphis officer slain
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2 August until midnight: “Portiuncula” Plenary (or Partial) Indulgence
- Las Cruces, NM: Bombs set off at Catholic and Baptist churches
- CQ CQ CQ – Special #HamRadio Update – Cool Catholic Event Edition
- WDTPRS – 10th Sunday after Pentecost: Mercy does not mean turning a blind eye to Justice
- WDTPRS 18th Ordinary Sunday: clear, cold reality
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – QSO / QSL Card 1st Draft
- 1 August – Seven Holy Maccabees & St. Peter in Chains: Wherein there is cool Catholic stuff
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s cassocks with shoulder capes
- MUNICH: “Married” lesbian remains head of day care center
- A Scrat Interlude
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail & ASK FATHER: Catholic and Orthodox wedding question
- Blue Moon
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching
- What I’m dealing with today
- Camille Paglia strikes again!
- Day 2: Canon Law Conference – VIDEO greetings to you readers from Card. Burke
- Liberals – unmasked
- Day 1: Canon Law Conference (and a video message)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: Gregorian Masses
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass
- And the winner of The Most Meanfull Job is…
- HUNGARY: Juventutem summer retreat
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Monthly Archives: December 2011
From a reader: Would it be appropriate to write a bishop asking if diocesan priests under his leadership be encouraged to hear confessions more regularly? Most parishes seem to only have confessions on Saturday afternoons. I know our priests are busy, but … Continue reading
The Wyoming Carmelites have a little dialogue to describe their December “Coffee of the Month” Choir Monk: I can tell this coffee is a blend – the different sizes and colors of the beans tell me that there are a … Continue reading
“the time has come for us to be courageous in working for a true reform of the reform and also a return to the true liturgy of the Church”
A friend and I have been talking about the provisions of Summorum Pontificum and the need to press press press them forward again. We need to keep pressing and working. On that note, I was delighted to read at NLM … Continue reading
The liturgical year guided and nourish and shaped Catholics for centuries. It does so far less now. But once, people not only followed the turning of the earth and the wheeling of the stars and the rising and setting of … Continue reading
From Matins for today’s feast of St. John, Apostle and Evangelist, from the Breviarium Romanum: V. Grant, Lord, a blessing. Benediction. May the Spirit’s fire Divine in our hearts enkindled shine. Amen. Reading 6 From the Commentary upon the Epistle … Continue reading
From a reader: In the OF some Priest’s will bless those who present themselves in the Communion line with their arms crossed. (Although I am doubtful to the legality of this) So can a Priest who is celebrating the EF bless … Continue reading
More points about the new, corrected translation and update on matters like the Liturgy of the Hours
Some useful items from the newletter f the USCCB’s Committee on Divine Worship. They deal with some points about the use of the new corrected translation. Sorry about the format. In response to many questions from the body of … Continue reading
From a reader: I come from a mid-sized parish with at least 10 EMHCs every Sunday, which just seems like way too much. I’ve also noticed that they give blessings, with the laying on of hands and everything, to catechumens, non-Catholics, etc. I’m … Continue reading