Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Everyone: Does it matter if you like Daylight Savi...
- semperficatholic said Guess I am the odd woman out here. I love the fact...
- Simon_GNR said [Instead they could be raffling off a car. Church...
- wmeyer said Bishops and priests inside …er…unfriendly territor...
- Arele said Sooo grateful to have Archbishop Sample here in Or...
- TLM lauded in Pontifical Mass Homily by Portland Archbishop Sample | dclatinmass said [...] WDTPRS Share this:TwitterFacebookGoogleLike...
- Priam1184 said Thanks Father. That was a good one. Nice images...
- Supertradmum said May I add something to your plea for readers to go...
- pelerin said This weekend does seem early. Here in Britain we...
- David Zampino said Whatever historical need (real or imagined) that o...
- wmeyer said Prayers continuing…
- Liz said Stupid Daylight’s Savings. Mothers hate this...
- Kerry said “… similar to the Bushmaster rifle use...
- bookworm said I wish we would return to the old practice of wait...
- Scott W. said What if the parish raffles off a set of golf clubs...
- guans said “God wishes this struggle (against temptatio...
- Ellen said I suspect you have a virus. I was teaching one d...
- guans said Thank You Heavenly Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Mot...
- Brooklyn said I love the Latin Mass, but I am becoming very conc...
- Hank Igitur said Why not the Holy Mass itself rather than this comm...
- Chon said Sword40–yes, we love Fr. Luan Tran. Unfortun...
- APX said Personally, I am outraged that we lose an hour of...
- Gratias said A great sermon. Bishop Sample understands the most...
- Sword40 said Oregon also has a great priest at St. BirgittaR...
- Theodore said Fr Z. An A-10 would be even cooler.
- Chon said Fudge link: http://www.brigittine.org/monks/fud071...
- Chon said Elizium: What EF? It’s nearly non-existent h...
- HyacinthClare said Or move to sunny Arizona where we don’t do a...
- Elizium23 said I’m more concerned about the state of the OF...
- nadine said I wanted to mention that this took place at the on...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: December 2011
From a reader:
Would it be appropriate to write a bishop asking if diocesan priests
under his leadership be encouraged to hear confessions more regularly? Most parishes seem to only have confessions on Saturday afternoons. I know our priests are busy, but I read … Continue reading
The Wyoming Carmelites have a little dialogue to describe their December “Coffee of the Month”
Choir Monk: I can tell this coffee is a blend – the different sizes and colors of the beans tell me that there are a few … Continue reading
“the time has come for us to be courageous in working for a true reform of the reform and also a return to the true liturgy of the Church”
A friend and I have been talking about the provisions of Summorum Pontificum and the need to press press press them forward again. We need to keep pressing and working.
On that note, I was delighted to read at NLM that … Continue reading
The liturgical year guided and nourish and shaped Catholics for centuries. It does so far less now. But once, people not only followed the turning of the earth and the wheeling of the stars and the rising and setting of … Continue reading
From Matins for today’s feast of St. John, Apostle and Evangelist, from the Breviarium Romanum:
V. Grant, Lord, a blessing.
Benediction. May the Spirit’s fire Divine in our hearts enkindled shine. Amen.
From the Commentary upon the Epistle to the Galatians, … Continue reading
From a reader:
In the OF some Priest’s will bless those who present themselves in the
Communion line with their arms crossed. (Although I am doubtful to the legality of this) So can a Priest who is celebrating the EF bless those who … Continue reading
More points about the new, corrected translation and update on matters like the Liturgy of the Hours
Some useful items from the newletter f the USCCB’s Committee on Divine Worship. They deal with some points about the use of the new corrected translation. Sorry about the format.
In response to many questions from the body of … Continue reading