You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Giuseppe said Catholic middle school memory (nerd edition): I b...
- Conchur said Venner was a crypto-fascist and a neo-pagan. He ch...
- Thomas S said Thank you, Charles. It seems to leave a lot of ro...
- wmeyer said As usual, Dr. Peters’ clarification is excel...
- maryh said Hmmm. I can see why the Vatican rejected the 1998...
- Vecchio di Londra said I was at a NO Mass a few weeks ago when the (very...
- e.davison49 said Ask yourselves what the point is. Sure, there are...
- Charles E Flynn said After a Church Is Attacked....
- wmeyer said I’ve heard that there are more sex abuse cases in...
- Scott W. said I for one am pretty tired of the “Hey, everyone el...
- Will D. said The Roman Canon is used regularly at my parish, wh...
- PostCatholic said No doubt the act is cleaner, but there are plenty...
- THREEHEARTS said Is it me? Am I wrong in considering that the prela...
- Will D. said At my parish, all the altar servers (boys and girl...
- Dave N. said I for one am pretty tired of the “Hey, every...
- Tradster said I believe the LCWR is the only issue on which I wo...
- Thomas S said What other acts committed in a church would consti...
- cornelius74 said I got accepted to the BA course in theology at the...
- charismatictrad said I go back and forth with things like this. Yes, se...
- VexillaRegis said Fr. Jim: “I was at a very large con-celebrated mas...
- Scott W. said I’ll reserve judgement until I see the fine...
- xgenerationcatholic said I wanted to believe that the bishops had cleaned u...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said And, having read over the comments, I’ll wag...
- Deo volente said Fr. Z, Part of your sage advice was to “use...
- SimonDodd said I’m tentatively in the same place as Marion...
- ecs said If I had a son who was told this by a priest, I wo...
- Nathan said Fr Z, wise and prudent advice. I was amused, tho...
- BLB Oregon said –Obedience is better than sacrifice (especia...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Fr.Z’s answer seems completely sound to me....
- prs1 said I am obviously sad to see this matter raised, but...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Monthly Archives: December 2011
From a reader:
Would it be appropriate to write a bishop asking if diocesan priests
under his leadership be encouraged to hear confessions more regularly? Most parishes seem to only have confessions on Saturday afternoons. I know our priests are busy, but I read … Continue reading
The Wyoming Carmelites have a little dialogue to describe their December “Coffee of the Month”
Choir Monk: I can tell this coffee is a blend – the different sizes and colors of the beans tell me that there are a few … Continue reading
“the time has come for us to be courageous in working for a true reform of the reform and also a return to the true liturgy of the Church”
A friend and I have been talking about the provisions of Summorum Pontificum and the need to press press press them forward again. We need to keep pressing and working.
On that note, I was delighted to read at NLM that … Continue reading
The liturgical year guided and nourish and shaped Catholics for centuries. It does so far less now. But once, people not only followed the turning of the earth and the wheeling of the stars and the rising and setting of … Continue reading
From Matins for today’s feast of St. John, Apostle and Evangelist, from the Breviarium Romanum:
V. Grant, Lord, a blessing.
Benediction. May the Spirit’s fire Divine in our hearts enkindled shine. Amen.
From the Commentary upon the Epistle to the Galatians, … Continue reading
From a reader:
In the OF some Priest’s will bless those who present themselves in the
Communion line with their arms crossed. (Although I am doubtful to the legality of this) So can a Priest who is celebrating the EF bless those who … Continue reading
More points about the new, corrected translation and update on matters like the Liturgy of the Hours
Some useful items from the newletter f the USCCB’s Committee on Divine Worship. They deal with some points about the use of the new corrected translation. Sorry about the format.
In response to many questions from the body of … Continue reading