Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- kpoterack said Check out the latest (Summer 2014) issue of Commun...
- pattif said It sounds to me as if Cardinal Kasper knows he can...
- MariaKap said Arrrr. And don’t be fergettin yer pirate nam...
- MasterofCeremonies said The Baofeng is my favorite HT. Great little radio....
- JustaSinner said I say NO to both questions…now bring on the...
- TWF said Sadly, many parts of the world still have no insti...
- Charivari Rob said There seem to be at least a few reactions to this...
- murtheol said At the end of the citation should be quotes: R...
- murtheol said Deacon Augustine: If you could take the time to r...
- trespinos said I suppose the term “Islamism” will com...
- Lynn Diane said The retired Turkish imam, Fethullah Gulen, who res...
- marcelus said Emilio AS soon as I saw the name REGENBURG I knew...
- Allan S. said Murtheol has clearly not read Canonist Edward Pete...
- FrankWalshingham said Every Catholic should read Cardinal BellarminoR...
- Imrahil said Around here, the prayer, where held in its traditi...
- amenamen said “Islamism” is a recently coined word,...
- Uxixu said I initially had many of the same objections as mur...
- Unwilling said “No religion condones the killing of innocen...
- LarryW2LJ said And for you Hams, out there – tonight is the...
- Moro said Much catechesis is needed about deacons, especiall...
- Clinton R. said “Be Thou King of all those who are still inv...
- Emilio said With all due respect to His Holiness Pope Francis,...
- JonPatrick said Our parish (Prince of Peace Lewiston ME) decided t...
- Uxixu said They’re using all the words but don’t...
- The blood of San Gennaro liquefied! | Fr. Z’s Blog | Deaconjohn1987's Blog said [...] The blood of San Gennaro liquefied! | Fr. Z&...
- Bob B. said This was one of the events that Catholic school ki...
- KAS said Avast ye matey’s! Talk like a pirate, ARRRRR...
- acardnal said But Father, but Father . . . what would Captain Ja...
- Deacon Augustine said murtheol, Fr. Z did not say that deacons are impai...
- JonathanCatholic said Pirates for Communion! Merciful God, merciful Chur...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- “Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism….”
- PSA: Talk Like A Pirate Day
- The blood of San Gennaro liquefied!
- Irish bishop caves under pressure, won’t ordain only male deacons
- ¡Hagan lío! TLM now more than ever!
- Up and away! St. Joseph of Cupertino
- RECENT NOTES and THANKS TO READERS
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- “If God exists, He is evil….” Not.
- David Haines, rest in peace. Mass for his intention.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 1 January 2012
At the blog of a seminarian, Cor Ad Cor Loquitur, I saw post that gives me hope for good, strong priests in the future.
Here are some posts which have been scrolling along.
Dealing with McBrien on the new, corrected translation
Benedict XVI’s Mass for Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God
A new Personal Ordinariate!
WDTPRS: Mary, Mother of God (2002MR): versions of prayers
Prayers for new USA Anglican … Continue reading
I have been making some changes to “sharing” buttons.
Please help! I hate lonely zeros.
When you visit, use the buttons with ineffable vigor!
Also, I have been allowing many more “ping backs” from Catholic blogs to move through the moderation queue. Link … Continue reading
From the dissident Fishwrap‘s long-time dissident columnist, Fr. Richard McBrien, comes this piece about the new, corrected translation.
Pay close attention to the contempt he shows for a vast number of people and also the attitude of disobedience he promotes.
It is … Continue reading
For on demand video of the Mass click HERE.
The video opens with the lead up to the Mass, with lots of panning around the basilica, inside and out.
The entrance procession, which begins with the super-Italian cheesy trumpet fanfare and the … Continue reading
Dr. Ed Peters, the Canonical Defender, has migrated his excellency canon law blog from Blogger to WordPress. Go check his new place out and spike his stats!
The Anglicans/Episcopalians-to-be-Catholics have their own Personal Ordinariate today.
Let there be sung Non nobis and Te Deum.
It is called the Ordinariate of the Chair of Peter!
As widely predicted Fr. Jeffrey Steenson is the new Ordinary.
The document of erection of the Ordinariate … Continue reading