- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- wmeyer said “Contrary to the LIE that Latin was forbidde...
- Supertradmum said Weak indeed, and I am still perplexed, after all t...
- TimG said Similar to capchoirgirl, our choir receives Commun...
- Supertradmum said Thank you for reminding people that the choir shou...
- FrDulli said To many problems…
- New Sister said @ farmer88: did he [that priest] use grahm cracke...
- Henry Edwards said Fr. Z, in addition to “pride of place”...
- Rich said The document is back up on the website: http://www...
- disco said The best thing to come out of the promulgation of...
- OrthodoxChick said TNCath, Those French priests look like they’...
- robtbrown said torch621 says: An insult to Paul VI and the Vatic...
- nykash said I’ve served at NO masses that are reverent &...
- Robbie said Buckle up. This nonsense is on its way back. I...
- StJude said I think …..so far.. is my favorite. Thanks...
- StJude said I think …..so far.. is my favorite. Thanks...
- gloriainexcelsis said At my former EF parish the choir came down last to...
- StJude said Oy vey…
- mschu528 said The Rite for Communion outside of Mass is indeed b...
- TNCath said Don’t forget this gem! http://www.youtube.co...
- anilwang said I think the key problem with the NO, is that these...
- disco said I listened.
- The Masked Chicken said This does confuse issues, just a bit. Joy and pea...
- Sonshine135 said I am here to say that many of the churches that I...
- Maltese said viva bugnini! http://www.tanbooks.com/doct/vatican...
- Sonshine135 said I listened, and I am reflecting Father.
- kevinm said Chiming in…. Kevin
- Doc Angelicus said One option is to have part of the choir – sp...
- capchoirgirl said Our choir also sings from the loft. They go down t...
- brhenry said I personally prefer the older forms, but I have be...
- OrthodoxChick said Since we’re all becoming rightfully sick and...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 1 Dec: St. Nahum, Prophet of the Old Testment
- ADVENTCAzT 01: 1st Sunday of Advent – WAKE UP!
- We are on one side of the threshold we shall soon cross.
- GUEST POST: “…and my wife said, ‘But that’s a good thing!’”
- Reason #10 for Summorum Pontificum
- Pope Francis’ Prayer Intentions for December
- Thai-ing one on!
- VIDEO: UPDATE – Abortion wymyn physically attack men praying in front of cathedral of Buenos Aires
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Advent: true Advent preparation
- Fewer Catholics schedule funerals for their dead
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 9 January 2012
Here are some links to posts that are scrolling along.
Another Vatican Goat Rodeo
QUAERITUR: What to do about bad homilies?
Archd. Detroit, Michael Voris and RealCatholicTV – a development
QUAERITUR: Light One Up – Incense, Thuribles, and You.
Liturgical … Continue reading
From Catholic World News:
Another Vatican PR blunder: cardinals’ bios from Wikipedia
In another embarrassing public-relations gaffe, when Pope Benedict XVI named 22 new cardinals, the Vatican released short biographies of the prelates that had been taken verbatim from Wikipedia without attribution.
Father … Continue reading
A reader writes asking about “bad homilies”:
Every once in a while, you get a real clunker, one that isn’t just theologically weak, but turns what should be a feast into over microwaved junk. What is the proper response?
You want to … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am writing to ask you about the proper provision for incense at Holy Mass. Can you or your readers recommend a way to ensure a plentiful supply of incense smoke from a thurible at Mass, and to … Continue reading
Have you ever had the experience of driving down the interstate and spying from afar some dark lump alongside the road?
You know that it is some unfortunate critter who met its high speed end at the hands of the Michelin … Continue reading
Liturgical worship should be reverent, careful and the best we can accomplish. The expanding use of the Extraordinary Form will help to correct many of the aberrations inflicted on people through the Ordinary Form. Therefore, every priest, every seminarian, as … Continue reading
From a reader:
According to the Liturgy of the Hours note for the Baptism of the Lord this feast is to be omitted when Epiphany falls on a Sunday with a date of January 7 or 8. In the Ordo for … Continue reading