Christmas shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- David said Sorry, the above post came through with a couple o...
- David said There is an interesting musical aspect to this int...
- The Cobbler said I believe Chesterton said it best(here’s hop...
- The Cobbler said Chicken, well said, and quite fascinating —...
- MrsMacD said No not intellectuals, principalities and powers an...
- Cradle Catholic said Here’s what Benedict XVI had to say about th...
- robtbrown said excalibur says: Seems that Francis I . . . He...
- jflare said Weeellll…having watched portions of both vid...
- Charles E Flynn said Regarding Chartres, a rebuttal and reply have been...
- yatzer said AAGGHHH!!!! That is the stuff I walked out on as m...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Would playing such music on such instruments be mo...
- Matt Robare said I think rock music could be written and played rev...
- Kathleen10 said Contemporary films can’t compare to the film...
- Neil Addison said I have seen this done, very reverently, in Christm...
- AnAmericanMother said My “teen Mass” story – When my p...
- Clemens Romanus said I believe the Introduction to the Children’s...
- pfreddys said From all that I have heard and seen a ‘teen...
- Andrew D said Last Monday for the Immaculate Conception, I had t...
- Christopher Hunt said Thank you Father. msc, I was not worried about me...
- Traductora said Sigh. Yes, the Pope seems to be a loose cannon in...
- Gerard Plourde said The question about modal jazz peaked my curiosity....
- Sword40 said haven’t been bothered by this sort of proble...
- excalibur said Seems that Francis I was involved with Obama in ne...
- Peregrinator said The interesting thing about natural unions in whic...
- Bosco said Oops! The Vatican PR machine is already rolling: &...
- NBW said The “Mass for love” in Perth is an exc...
- Bosco said Funny the telling odour of some things that linger...
- Mike said That should be: May the Holy Spirit send us a Pope...
- Bryan D. Boyle said Fr. D: Thank you for unambiguously stating that y...
- Mike said Alas, my parish has a “youth Mass” wit...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Participate in Nativity play during Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Is attending a Rock Mass sacrilege? A mortal sin?
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to an invalid Mormon wedding?
- Pope: To attract people more easily tone down teachings, relax severity… NOT.
- ASK FATHER: Mass in Classical Latin
- ADVENTCAzT 18: Another step forward in our Christmas preparation
- The ‘libido delendi’ that seized the Church, the desire to obliterate… everything
- Card. Burke’s kindness
- ADVENTCAzT 17: “the yearning for something purer and greater”
- ASK FATHER: TLM for 25th Wedding Anniversary
- “One of the great papist characters in modern fiction”
- ADVENTCAzT 16: Love always includes an inexhaustible willingness to forgive
- ASK FATHER: Mistake about minister of Sacrament of Matrimony and validity
- Succisa virescit: Another parish church reborn after destruction
- Nota bene: Apostolic Visitation of US sisters and CDF scrutiny of LCWR are NOT the same
- My View For Awhile: last trip edition
- ADVENTCAzT 15: Creation holds its breath – “Will she say ‘yes’?”
- Blog problems – UPDATES
- St. Lucy and Advent Ember Week
- CD of beautiful Christmas music – VIDEO
- ADVENTCAzT 14: Mary’s reaction to the angel unfolds in three steps
- ASK FATHER: Will I have my pets again in heaven?
- Congratulations to a long-time participant and commentator for his ORDINATION!
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday of Advent – “the childlike dash towards the long-desired thing”
- ASK FATHER: Direction of the couple exchanging vows
- ADVENTCAzT 13: “A type of the manly vocation”
- In The Wild: motorcycle edition
- FOLLOWUP: Pontifical Mass vestments
- UPDATE: Thom Peters’ extraordinary life and faith
- MIT Prof. Gruber (of ObamaTax fame) promoted abortion for “marginal children”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 16 January 2012
A week or so ago I posted about Archbishop John Nienstedt’s (St. Paul and Minneapolis) initiative to promote a defense of true and natural marriage in an amendment to the State Constitution of Minnesota. His Excellency indicated to the … Continue reading
For the Just Too Cool file, this from FBN:
Nissan has announced the world’s first self-healing iPhone case, which the car manufacturer claims can quickly repair itself when scratched.
Developed by the car manufacturer in collaboration with University of Tokyo and Advanced … Continue reading
Today I read in The Examiner that the SOPA bill was killed in the House of Representatives. I understand that the Senate version, PIPA, is still alive. It is interesting to see the list of sponsors (by far mostly Democrats) … Continue reading
I read on the site of the Chicago Tribune that upon turning 75 Card. George has submitted his letter of resignation to the Holy Father. He does not expect the letter to be accepted for at least two years.
Can. 401 … Continue reading
If I were to choose to do a regular (for example weekly) video, or audio, podcast, what sort of thing could it be?
Email if you have ideas. I probably won’t respond, but I will read them. You can use … Continue reading
Appeal to authorities for Chinese New Year: release of three bishops and of six priests who have disappeared
I hope other bloggers will pick this up and share it with their own readers.
Perhaps after reading this you could stop for a moment and say a Memorare for the missing priests and bishops as well as for the softening … Continue reading
From a reader:
If Father takes the altar servers out paintballing, [That’s a verb?] would it be sacrilege to shoot him during the contests?
On the contrary!
Shoot him as often as you can.
Head shots are preferable.
Fr. John Hunwicke apparently received permission from Msgr. Newton of the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham to preach Oxford University’s Latin Sermon from Newman’s pulpit.
The text (I received along with it the paraphrase, which is not my rendering):
Sunt autem, … Continue reading
Can you give us some good news?