Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- VexillaRegis said Dear wmeyer, yes it is ( if there are no impedimen...
- JPManning said Bought it through your link. Thank you for defend...
- Magash said The marriage of two unbaptized people is valid mar...
- acardnal said I’m guessing that the Steam Pipe Trunk Distr...
- wmeyer said So given the examples by VexillaRegis, if two unba...
- aviva meriam said Weird Question: would it be arrogant/offensive/pre...
- Belgian Catholic said It alos works if you just right-click on the video...
- marthawrites said I LOVE the angels, consider them to be one of God&...
- Belgian Catholic said In fact it has been removed from all links on yout...
- Belgian Catholic said And it’s been also removed from here ! http:...
- Belgian Catholic said This was the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=...
- Belgian Catholic said The video “We are catholic” wich ment...
- CAR said Someone should release another version of “Lost in...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear Anna 6, Many of the signatories of the open l...
- MAJ Tony said Sang the Michaelmass last evening, Ordinary Form,...
- Alice said Long, long ago, in a galaxy far away little Cathol...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said C. M. Almy (yes, I know they episcopalian) makes b...
- Spade said And EOTT once again proves themselves the best in...
- Dialogos said Re. the sudden interest in the Orthodox approach t...
- AngelGuarded said Was it Saint Peter who said “spare no expens...
- The Masked Chicken said Ah ha! Catholic marriage is like the logical AND:...
- Uxixu said I like the Spanish biretta. That bottom one defin...
- The Masked Chicken said “I want to say sorry now for ever thinking t...
- dans0622 said GreggW: the “‘second marriage’ w...
- Uxixu said The subdeacon doesn’t concelebrate, he minis...
- anna 6 said And don’t forget this “must read”...
- GreggW said Chicken: Maybe that is what confused me on this....
- Badger Catholic said No Kindle version of the book?
- TheAcolyte said Here’s some birette-quette, especially in re...
- The Masked Chicken said ” One of them, who has reverted to their pro...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- ONE MORE DAY 25% off – Book in defense of marriage, tradition
- Related issues?
- ASK FATHER: Biretta woes! Wherein Fr. Z offers wisdom.
- Dr. Peters on Sr. Walsh’s piece in America Magazine
- Nuns on the Bus: check out their ride!
- ATTENTION MEN: Pluscarden Abbey Monastic Experience Weekend
- The Feast of Angels
- OLDIE ASK FATHER: Eastern Subdeacon for Roman Solemn Mass? A Clerical Bedtime Story.
- Help the Transalpine Redemptorists!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: CQ CQ CQ … QSL?
- Bp. Conry (D. Arundel & Brighton) suddenly resigned. Fr. Z muses.
- Pondering Francis
- Malicious email from nefarious ne’er-do-wells
- Why “oikonomia” isn’t a solution for divorced and civilly remarried.
- WDTPRS 26th Ordinary Sunday – The Bowels of Mercy
- When inculturation is wrong: “whoring after ephemeral relevance, a prostitution to the present age”
- Fishwrap’s venomous MSW
- Multiple sins of the NETWORK nuns exposed
- “Bitter clash”? In your dreams, liberals.
- ASK FATHER: Baptizing aliens who burst into flames from water. No. Really.
- Give a little thought to the “what ifs”.
- Of Our Lady of Walsingham, Our Lady of Ransom, and a prayer
- Suggestions for your donations to good Catholic causes
- VIDEO: TLM at “Dome of Home”
- St. Pio and the Smell Test
- Pope Francis to change the name of St. Peter’s Basilica
- OKLAHOMA CITY: Reparation, adoration of Christ VICTOR after sacrilege, blasphemy, evil
- SSPX officials met with Card. Müller, Prefect of CDF
- Card. Burke: “It simply makes no sense to talk about mercy which doesn’t respect truth.”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 16 January 2012
A week or so ago I posted about Archbishop John Nienstedt’s (St. Paul and Minneapolis) initiative to promote a defense of true and natural marriage in an amendment to the State Constitution of Minnesota. His Excellency indicated to the … Continue reading
For the Just Too Cool file, this from FBN:
Nissan has announced the world’s first self-healing iPhone case, which the car manufacturer claims can quickly repair itself when scratched.
Developed by the car manufacturer in collaboration with University of Tokyo and Advanced … Continue reading
Today I read in The Examiner that the SOPA bill was killed in the House of Representatives. I understand that the Senate version, PIPA, is still alive. It is interesting to see the list of sponsors (by far mostly Democrats) … Continue reading
I read on the site of the Chicago Tribune that upon turning 75 Card. George has submitted his letter of resignation to the Holy Father. He does not expect the letter to be accepted for at least two years.
Can. 401 … Continue reading
If I were to choose to do a regular (for example weekly) video, or audio, podcast, what sort of thing could it be?
Email if you have ideas. I probably won’t respond, but I will read them. You can use … Continue reading
Appeal to authorities for Chinese New Year: release of three bishops and of six priests who have disappeared
I hope other bloggers will pick this up and share it with their own readers.
Perhaps after reading this you could stop for a moment and say a Memorare for the missing priests and bishops as well as for the softening … Continue reading
From a reader:
If Father takes the altar servers out paintballing, [That's a verb?] would it be sacrilege to shoot him during the contests?
On the contrary!
Shoot him as often as you can.
Head shots are preferable.
Fr. John Hunwicke apparently received permission from Msgr. Newton of the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham to preach Oxford University’s Latin Sermon from Newman’s pulpit.
The text (I received along with it the paraphrase, which is not my rendering):
Sunt autem, … Continue reading