- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- James C said Amazing, Father. You must be a very fast reader!
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father, heavenly stuff!
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- boxerpaws1952 said Pa asked,”He has not yet reconciled with the...
- boxerpaws1952 said Menagerie requested “I also ask prayers for...
- boxerpaws1952 said I also have 2 other prayer requests. Here I would...
- Priam1184 said Division in the ranks of the Church, whether it co...
- Phil_NL said It would be good to check if Mr Shaw’s more...
- anna 6 said This is a harsh, and at times probably an unfair a...
- Scott Alt said Fr., I suspect this kind of nonsense about Franci...
- AnimatedCatholic said now I’m really concerned that the pope is a favori...
- Ex-Anglicans Break Out of the Ghetto - BigPulpit.com said [...] Crisis Magazine A Counterblast to Rush Limba...
- Ex-Anglicans Break Out of the Ghetto - BigPulpit.com said [...] – Stacy Trasancos PhD Down Argentine W...
- Geoffrey said “Pope Francis likes to apologize for the Cat...
- Uxixu said Wow, these abuses are abominable. I don’t g...
- dominicop said I certainly get the frustration which comes with s...
- JacobWall said Tonight I went to our evening Mass. It is our onl...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Starting to read the comments, I paused to check I...
- Elizium23 said Perhaps this is slightly off-topic, but I’d...
- prayerisouronlyhope said On the other hand, these men may not go to Mass (w...
- TXKathi said Our priests don’t normally give a sermon at...
- prayerisouronlyhope said Please pray for my son who is incarcerated and has...
- Menagerie said Prayers for all intentions and Father Z. Please p...
- Stephen Matthew said Ben, If you feel I was attacking Millenials, and f...
- prayerisouronlyhope said Mojoron If you can make yourself go to the SPPX Ma...
- Lin said We go to Mass for the Eucharist and because we wan...
- lsclerkin said My arms. Not stems.
- lsclerkin said Sigh. Is it over yet? I’m 49. Sigh. Please t...
- lucindatcm said Please pray for me. It isn’t easy to be a Ca...
- lucindatcm said Thank you for the podcast, Father!
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 1 Dec: St. Nahum, Prophet of the Old Testment
- ADVENTCAzT 01: 1st Sunday of Advent – WAKE UP!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 16 January 2012
A week or so ago I posted about Archbishop John Nienstedt’s (St. Paul and Minneapolis) initiative to promote a defense of true and natural marriage in an amendment to the State Constitution of Minnesota. His Excellency indicated to the … Continue reading
For the Just Too Cool file, this from FBN:
Nissan has announced the world’s first self-healing iPhone case, which the car manufacturer claims can quickly repair itself when scratched.
Developed by the car manufacturer in collaboration with University of Tokyo and Advanced … Continue reading
Today I read in The Examiner that the SOPA bill was killed in the House of Representatives. I understand that the Senate version, PIPA, is still alive. It is interesting to see the list of sponsors (by far mostly Democrats) … Continue reading
I read on the site of the Chicago Tribune that upon turning 75 Card. George has submitted his letter of resignation to the Holy Father. He does not expect the letter to be accepted for at least two years.
Can. 401 … Continue reading
If I were to choose to do a regular (for example weekly) video, or audio, podcast, what sort of thing could it be?
Email if you have ideas. I probably won’t respond, but I will read them. You can use … Continue reading
Appeal to authorities for Chinese New Year: release of three bishops and of six priests who have disappeared
I hope other bloggers will pick this up and share it with their own readers.
Perhaps after reading this you could stop for a moment and say a Memorare for the missing priests and bishops as well as for the softening … Continue reading
From a reader:
If Father takes the altar servers out paintballing, [That's a verb?] would it be sacrilege to shoot him during the contests?
On the contrary!
Shoot him as often as you can.
Head shots are preferable.
Fr. John Hunwicke apparently received permission from Msgr. Newton of the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham to preach Oxford University’s Latin Sermon from Newman’s pulpit.
The text (I received along with it the paraphrase, which is not my rendering):
Sunt autem, … Continue reading