Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Click the image below (they took away our search box!). Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- benedetta: Compared to five years ago, as a general matter, things are greatly improved in the Diocese of Albany. I understand that there will once again be a class of confirmand s receiving the...
- cengime: You could also mention the text of James 5 (“is any among you sick? … the prayer of faith will save the sick… ;”), the Council of Florence in the Bull of Union with...
- tamranthor: Generally, when confronted with these sorts of nonsense which claim that it is loving to confirm afflicted people in their confusion, I point directly to the Spiritual and Corpo...
- Fr Martin Fox: Would it be terribly irreverent if, upon finding sand in a churchR 17;s holy water stoup, I decorated the sand with one of those little drink umbrellas? [It has been done before!...
- tamranthor: You have to wonder about the folks who claim this is a vile attack. When the truth becomes vile, what does that make the powers that be in the Vatican? I think it is clear that our...
- JustaSinner: Here’ ;s a cra-cra thought 230;taking the sand to remind us of the desert practice to its extreme: when will those priests stop giving out Eucharist, after all it is food ( the...
- chantgirl: Carrie- ChristR 17; love for the poor flowed from His mission to save the poorest of the poor- sinners. Christ made it very clear that combating spiritual poverty took priority over...
- Josephus Corvus: You can bet your bottom dollar that any priest who thought that putting sand in the fonts only had “hap py water̶ 1; in there to begin with.
- Marc in Eugene: Is Bertalan Kiss is a son or relation of the late Dr Laszlo Kiss, requiescat in pace, who was responsibl e for DivinumOff icium.com? I’d guess that the chances are pretty high...
- LeeGilbert: What maternalVi ew said: “We have to stop playing by “their” rules. They relish coming up with new labels and acronyms as if their behavior is legitimate .” Because we want...
- maternalView: The Order of Malta has suspended the authorR 17;s membership . http://www .catholich erald.co.u k/news/201 8/03/22/di ctator-pop e-author-h enry-sire- suspended- from-order -of-m...
- maternalView: I propose a counter-co nference held at the same time. Its theme would be something like “Do not be afraid. Embrace your Catholic faith̶ 1;. An outdoor procession would be...
- Mike: Bishops like Mahony and Gomez who allow this sort of disfigurem ent of Catholic teaching are no shepherds. And their see, robust and exemplary though it may have been only a couple of gener...
- Carrie: I don’t know if LA parishes are forced to participat e. Participan ts come from all over the country. Maybe it’s a huge income source for the archdioces e, and not so easy to shut down for...
- mwa: Malta: “Pretty soon we will have to have a small book to teach these kids what kind of gender they are!” That’ ;s not even a joke anymore! In a cbc news program with U of Toronto profes...
- hwriggles4: If parishes within the diocese (and neighborin g dioceses) are “req uired̶ 1; to send catechists , school teachers, DREs, adult faith formation, etc. to this “...
- padredana: I CANNOT, just CANNOT understand why the Archbishop (who supposedly is orthodox) doesn̵ 7;t do something about this. He could make this go away very quickly. If he continues to do...
- Mike: Sometime around 1960 it began to be deemed more expedient to confuse people with novelties than to challenge them to follow Christ in the eternal Truth. The result: countless millions of...
- CharlesG: Funny how most cultures currently and historical ly have gotten along with two sexes (i.e., “genders” in the non grammatica l sense). Anything else is just pandering to people’s patholo...
- HeatherPA: “Winter even situates himself as the defender of Popes John Paul and Benedict against Douthat’s “slurs”. Yes, he used that word.” Desperate times call for desperate measures, Father.
- HeatherPA: This kind of garbage 230; well, if these people were capable of any kind of thoughtful reflection , it serves to underline why we faithful Catholics in the trenches, so to speak, will...
- Simon_GNR: I like the translatio n of LGBT as “Let ’s get b******d tonight 221;!! Catholics should simply refuse to engage with “gen der theoryR 21; as, I believe, Pope...
- Michaelus: Massingale has perfect “cat holic̶ 1; credential s: S.T.D., Academia Alphonsian um (Rome) S.T.L., The Catholic University of America M.Div., Saint Francis Seminary B.A.,...
- WmHesch: In the Roman Curia and diplomatic corps, one routinely becomes a Monsignor after five years service. This practice was notably left untouched when the Francis restricted the honor for...
- Suburbanbanshee: Remember, these are the same kind of progressiv es who supported lobotomies and electrosho ck. It’s even the exact same people who dismantled a religious order through...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Tucker Carlson’s series on plight of men in America, disastrous consequences for society
- ASK FATHER: Effect of Sacrament of Anointing in someone in mortal sin
- Really Bad Idea: sand in holy water fonts during Lent
- Author of The Dictator Pope suspended from the Order of Malta
- LENTCAzT 2018 37 – Thursday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: “The Easter problem is not….”
- How bad was the Three Days of Darkness this year?
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Fishwrap’s Wile E. Coyote v. @DouthatNYT and his new book for Pope Francis’ 5th anniversary
- The Extraordinary Form “raises the bar”
- Lettergate produces a casualty: Msgr. Viganò. Well… not quite.
- LENTCAzT 2018 36 – Wednesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: It’s madness!
- ROME – 7 April – Conference: “Catholic Church, Where Are You Going?”
- UPDATE & ACTION ITEM for St. John Cantius in Chicago – @SJCantius
- “Not so fast!”, says the damned soul. “Amoris laetitia says,…”.
- LENTCAzT 2018 35 – Tuesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: “Have mercy on me, at least you, my friends!”
- UPDATE on ACTION ITEM! Pray for important pro-life SCOTUS case! Arguments on 20 March.
- A charming 15th century view of St. Joseph
- My View For Awhile: Northward
- Author of “The Dictator Pope” revealed (officially) and book format now available
- LENTCAzT 2018 34 – Monday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: sin makes you stoopid
- ASK FATHER: Absolution at jail through glass, phone in visitor’s room
- The fruits of dumbing everything down, down, ever down.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and Passion Sunday POLL: veils on images
- LENTCAzT 2018 33 – 1st Passion Sunday, 5th of Lent: marked with the light of Thy countenance
- Dumb down liturgy. Great idea, right?
- UPDATE: Even more comes about The Letter™: additional missing text
- FSSP North America Blog
- WDTPRS 5th Sunday of Lent: Undergoing liturgical death
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,…” The Lorica of St Patrick
- LENTCAzT 2018 32 – Saturday in the 4th Week of Lent: ungenerous, unscrupulous
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 17 January 2012
The blog was down for a couple hours again this evening. It was a different problem this time. After some changes to the server, some other adjustments had to be made. More connections were needed.
So… this is what happens when … Continue reading
Years ago, I stood for a couple hours on this day, blessing pigs and horses. St. Anthony! Pray for us!
Vespers with no frills read swiftly from the Breviarium Romanum.
For my weary brethren.
Some posts as they scroll along:
“’cause I get a … kick.. outta you” – unborn baby saves father’s life.
A Defense of Marriage Minute: Minnesota Style
“Ebb and Flow”… the Mooncraft
Louisville, KY: 10-12 July: Conference for priests on being a better confessor
You … Continue reading
Who knows what quite bonds there are within the family?
Here is a Just Too Cool story right in the face of the emanations and penumbras crowd.
From Life Site:
January 16, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Sara McDonald is 7 ½ months pregnant, but … Continue reading
In Minnesota an amendment to the state constitution has been proposed which would define and defend proper and true marriage. When the weather warms up again watch for St. Paul, Minnesota to become ground zero for this … Continue reading
For your Just Too Cool file from NASA:
Montana Students Pick Winning Names for Moon Craft
January 17, 2012
PASADENA, Calif. — Twin NASA spacecraft that achieved orbit around the moon New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day have new names, thanks to … Continue reading
I have been harping on the need for a revival of the Sacrament of Penance. This means that priests have to hear confessions and preach about confession. As a matter of fact, if Pope Benedict has a “Marshall Plan” for … Continue reading
Reason #957654 for Summorum Pontificum
From a reader:
I was traveling with my daughter last week and, walking out of a parish where we fulfilled our Sunday obligation, she looked at me and said
“I’ve never hated the tambourine more than I do … Continue reading
You know about the “Doctrinal Preamble” which the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith gave to the SSPX. The SSPX issued a preliminary reaction to the Preamble. Now they have sent the CDF a more precise response, which the … Continue reading