You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- momoften said We have red for Easter, and for Christmas-and spec...
- a catechist said My seven yr. old daughter was Confirmed and receiv...
- Jeannie_C said Mamajen – Praise God and congratulations! I...
- Supertradmum said Mamajen, congratulations and God bless your all.
- yatzer said At one point I was all for female servers as a mat...
- Scott W. said I’d be interested in a study comparing paris...
- APX said maryh says, Bring the feminine back into the Chu...
- quid quaeritis said If you can spare a prayer, for me, that I may find...
- disco said In any case, don’t let Obama find out where...
- JacobWall said @OrthodoxChick, If you revert to your 2000 desktop...
- Jim R said Does an all-male sanctuary foster vocations to the...
- OrthodoxChick said Congratulations, Mamajen!!!!! I’d love to se...
- Supertradmum said vetusta ecclesia, you are correct and a person at...
- gordon.w.thomson said Any views on Alter Servers or Cantors wearing a bl...
- JacobWall said @Chicken – I read your post only after mine....
- majuscule said As I have mentioned other places, I attend a small...
- Hank Igitur said Dr EP Yes, only potential candidates for priesthoo...
- teomatteo said My sixth grade son started serving at our distant...
- JacobWall said I recently rescued my two dead or dying mini lapto...
- vetusta ecclesia said As an aside in the UK scarlet cassocks are illegal...
- maryh said Here’s how it seems like to me: The entire c...
- Giuseppe said A prayer to St. Golden Girl might also include a n...
- Bea said spelling boo-boo last post: “The priest was...
- contrarian said Female alter servers = insanity. It’s insane...
- frahobbit said Please pray for my co-workers: Lorraine needs a ne...
- Bea said Feast of the Sacred Heart last year: Two girls and...
- NBW said I would agree with Rose in NE. Our Parish doesn...
- frahobbit said PS As well as for Fr. Z’s intentions :)
- frahobbit said The petitions here are included in my prayers.
- Torpedo1 said I’ll pray for everyone here. Please pray for...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 3 February 2012
Hugh Hewitt interviewed Sen. Santorum about Pres. Obama’s attack on the Church. Santorum scores big.
I like radio guy Hugh Hewitt (whom I listen to on 1280 AM “The Patriot”). On Wednesday I heard him interview Rick Santorum. The issue of Pres. Obama’s attack on the Catholic Church and 1st Amendment came up and Santorum … Continue reading
Pres. Obama says he is a Christian. Okay. He spent a long time listening to Black Liberation Theology. I think everyone should be familiar with Black Liberation Theology. It might help you understand the President.
In any event, Pres. Obama spoke … Continue reading
I just received this by email. I wish I had thought of it, but I’ll be happy to share some of the credit for spreading it around:
Doubtless you have heard the distasteful, yet pithy and memorable slogan of the pro-abortion … Continue reading
Our liturgical calendar is packed with wonderful opportunties for spiritual benefits.
Today there is a special blessing for candles (not just yesterday!) in honor of St. Blaise and then a blessing of throats.
I once stood for hours in the church in … Continue reading
About a zillion people were pushing me to post about the news item that the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation stopped giving money to the merchants of death at Planned Parenthood (originally set up to kill of black … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Rev. Edward Slattery, Bishop of Tulsa, has issued his statement about Pres. Obama’s attack on the 1st Amendment, on religious liberty, and on the Catholic Church.
He provides also a video.
He calls the mandate “evil”.
I was delighted that … Continue reading
On First Fridays at Holy Innocents in Manhattan (on 37th btn Broadway & 7th) there is an all night vigil.
It begins tonight with a Solemn Mass at 6 PM (followed tonight by the Blessing of Throats for St. Blaise Day).
Exposition … Continue reading
Holy Church tells priests that they have to “Say The Black and Do The Red”. We are to obey the rubrics of liturgical worship and stick to the texts. Priests cannot – bishops cannot – on their own authority change … Continue reading
May I suggest that American readers out there call their Senators to ask them to support The Respect for Rights of Conscience Act or S.1467 (read the full text of the bill.)
The Respect for Rights of Conscience Act or S.1467 would … Continue reading