Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- arga: Thank you, Father, for your willingnes s to actually read this swill and expose it.
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
- Wherein @MassimoFaggioli tosses another nastygram at the “rigorist” straw man
- How bad is the situation of vocations to the priesthood tragic Germany?
- Esolen on virtue and chastity in “Wonder Woman” (not the one you immediately thought of)
- Irish “Mass Path”, for secret worship, mapped and photographed (and some BOOKS)
- ASK FATHER: SSPX or Diocesan TLM – It is an “undue burden” to have to wait 3.5 hours?
- Juxtaposition: Demolition of churches
- Yet another German moral mudslide: bishop proposes blessing homosexual relationships
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 6 February 2012
For Immediate Release
February 6, 2012
Press inquiries to: Megan Morris (913) 426-0002
Breaking News: Cardinal Raymond Burke Encourages Catholics to Sign Online Petition to Stop the Birth Control Mandate
San Diego, February 6, 2012: Cardinal Raymond Burke, Cardinal Prefect of the Supreme … Continue reading
Pres. Obama’s attack on the Catholic Church – and the lead up to this attack, namely, a certain naivte on the part of the US Bishops during the prelude to Obamacare – I was reminded of the scene in the … Continue reading
Richard III to Buckingham:
Because that, like a Jack, thou keep’st the stroke
Betwixt thy begging and my meditation.
I am not in the giving vein to-day.
(Richard III IV,ii)
Dcn. Keith Fournier obtained from former Amb. Doug Kmiec, Kmiec’s letter to Pres. Obama … Continue reading
Peters fils is keeping track of cartoons.
I have recently posted a some quotes from Leo XIII about religious liberty. Biretta tip to a Wyoming Catholic College correspondent who has found some real gems!
It occurred to me that it might help people learn and make better … Continue reading
Pres. Obama’s attack on the Catholic Church is going to cause trouble for democrat members of Congress.
Everyone is worried about Obama’s reelection. In other news, there are 191 current democrat House seats subject to elections this year. … Continue reading
In the WSJ there was an op-ed by Peggy Noonan which bears review. Here is the last third (the rest is about Gov. Romeny and the GOP).
[…] President Obama just may have lost the election.
The president signed off on … Continue reading
Queen Elizabeth II became Queen 60 years ago today.
More Leo XIII: on religious liberty and the tyranny of liberalism (read: Pres. Obama’s Administration)
The other day I posted a quote about civil authority and freedom from an encyclical of Pope Leo XIII called Diuturnum illud. I was happy to see that Bp. Slattery also quoted that enecyclical in his outstanding response to Pres. … Continue reading
Do you have some good news for the readers this week?
Was there a good point in the Sunday sermon you heard?
Share it with us.