Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Amerikaner: As I watched and read info on the abuse meeting the last three days, I keep thinking of how the last time McCarrick spoke adamently how this would never happen again. And now we know...
- Lurker 59: There is a mess within Moral Theology that tends to get overlooked as liturgical and doctrinal issues tend to dominate the discussion for the more orthodox. It is vastly important to...
- Augustine Thompson O.P.: I may have already posted this link at some point, but Damian Thompson 8217;s conclusion s are identical to those of the (impeccabl y liberal!) CNN reporting on this...
- Kathleen10: I find their words and speeches annoying to the max. It is like nails on a chalkboard to hear about “fem inine geniusR 21; and how “wom en ARE the ChurchR 21;. Spare...
- Charles E Flynn: From Why Celibacy Matters, by Ross Douthat How the critique of Catholicis m changes and yet remains the same. https://ww w.nytimes. com/2019/0 2/23/opini on/sunday/ why-cel...
- Eoin OBolguidhir: Prof. John Rist’ ;s assessment of Francis as following thought that was relativist ic and Hegelian, with all the worst implicatio ns being meant, I think, was spot-on. Then...
- OssaSola: I keep worrying about the Art. Shouldn 217;t someone start moving all those fabulous works of art out of Rome before God lets the fire rain down?
- Spinmamma: I have watched a little of the proceeding s on EWTN. There was heart wrenching testimony from an abuse victim (the one who later played the violin so beautifull y). As the camera panned...
- LMTK: Isn’ t “soc ial justice 221; an invention of socialism to corrupt the Church? Why can’ t we eliminate those groups and unite them into pro-life groups, where real issues...
- LMTK: If that communist woman claims she helped 1100 Communist seminarian s corrupt the Church from within, why can’ t we have their names and get them OUT?
- Semper Gumby: God bless this chaplain, and thank you for your service in Iraq. Speaking of “hub ris,” ; a decade or so ago Michael Isikoff of MSNBC and David Corn of The Nation magaz...
- rcg: It might be that Martel is merely being consistent with modern homosexual social theory: that everyone has ‘gay’ desires and only the bravest act on them. So the conscious congregati on of...
- Semper Gumby: “Rig hts ALWAYS carry duties, though. There is no such thing as a right without a duty.̶ 1; Amen. “Add itionally, service is a privilege; it is never a right.R 21;...
- johnnys: What a gullibull! What a nimcowpoop !
- hilltop: So many folks’ appreciati on for classical music comes from Bugs. When listening to a famous piece on the radio, my wife will storm into the room and tell me what Bugs, or Elmer were doing...
- HyacinthClare: Whenever my husband and I get lost in the car (we are in our mid-70s), we look at each other and say, “I shouldda turned left at Albuquerqu e.” And just LAUGH!!
- JustaSinner: Of course you know, this means war…
- Imrahil: Yes, as one priest respondent to the NYT article alluded, any of us are free to leave – that is a right that you have. The priest respondent was wrong. A priest is never able to leave...
- OrdinaryCatholic: “I’l l add that I have been to the bullfights in Madrid and look forward to going again. So there.R 21; GASP!!! …lay s down in a fetal position in his safe space&...
- Kathleen10: That is just so loaded with Americanis ms, holy cow. Oh, there̵ 7;s another one. There are zillions of great Bugs, two of the best in my opinion are the ones where Bugs is a caller...
- Ben Kenobi: Reward?! Ugh. This is no different than Bishop Cupich speaking on marriage. Please, Father. It grieves those of us in the pews who specifical ly made the decision to turn AWAY from...
- Diane: Darn, couldnR 17;t see it. Looks like it was removed.
- Diane: Praying Father, that all the tinkering goes well! This is a great place!
- hilltop: My heavens??? Thank you, Father! What a time. Triumph of Good over Evil. David decapitate d Goliath and held the head aloft for the World to see. Briefly, the errors of Russia ceased to be...
- surritter: Sorry GHP, but my vote has to go to veritas vincit! Can’ t help but laugh out loud whenever Bugs gives his “Alb uquerque 8221; line. I want to think that Fr. Z agrees :)
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- @RobertSRoyal on the Vatican Sexual Abuse Summit #PBC2019
- Something light for Friday
- The appallingly stupid “gay” book about the Vatican by the “gay” French writer
- Blog maintenance underway now and for some time to come
- Archbishop Viganò to participants in the Rome “summit” #PBC2019
- Military chaplain reacts to whiny “gay” priests
- 22 February 1980: Miracle on Ice
- My View For Awhile: Rapid Western Strike – RETURN TRIP
- Bob Hope makes insightful observation
- These, ladies and gentlemen, are men.
- Mighty St. Thérèse, victim of “fake news” and the cruelty of libs
- New book from Card. Sarah
- Open Letter From Cardinals Burke and Brandmüller to Conferences of Bishops: “The plague of the homosexual agenda has been spread within the Church”
- Fr. Finigan @FatherTF and the importance of memorization
- During the Rome “summit” we celebrate the Feast of St Peter Damian, Doctor of the Church
- Rome abuse “summit”, an SSPX video, and an @fatherz Jeremiad
- The Rome “summit”, “gay” priests, and #sodoclericalism – Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr. Rutler’s Weekly Column
- BOOK RECEIVED: 1962 Parish Ritual – HUZZAH!
- Archbp. Viganò offers thoughts on The Present Crisis before the Rome “Summit”
- Suffering and attacks on the Church’s “Eldest Daughter”
- Mister McCarrick
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Shiny little fish!
- Interesting observation by @CCPecknold about laicization of McCarrick
- WDTPRS – Septuagesima Sunday: PRE-LENT BEGINS!
- Of Flaring Suns and Starry Nights
- A quick book plug: A Catholic Introduction to the Bible: The Old Testament
- Opportunity: R.I.P.
- POLL: Prayers after Mass
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 10 February 2012
The USCCB have issued their statement. “The only complete solution to this religious liberty problem is for HHS to rescind the mandate of these objectionable services.” My emphases and comments: Bishops Renew Call To Legislative Action On Religious Liberty February 10, … Continue reading
I put it to you. I offer a two-tier answer option.
I noticed this today.
Supper. I had no interest in cooking, given the dreadful day we have had. However, I forced myself to look around and get creative with ingredients on hand. I started by cutting the zest from an orange and chopping it. … Continue reading
Paul VI: “danger of this power passing into the hands of those public authorities who care little for the precepts of the moral law”
The pontificate of Paul VI produced many a disaster, in my opinion, but when it came to a crucial turning point, in the face of diabolical opposition Paul VI issued Humane vitae. I suspect many of you have never actually … Continue reading
Now that I have posted Bp. Slattery’s statement following on President Obama’s “morally obtuse”, “insult to the intelligence”, and “cheap accounting trick”, everyone is going to ask me to post their own bishop’s statements. I can’t do that, though it … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Rev. Edward Slattery, Bishop of Tulsa, has issued a response to Pres. Obama’s latest “accommodation”, which I liken to his taking the “Plan B” pill. Text below, but here is his VIDEO! [wp_youtube]JLWnl1P4slg[/wp_youtube] Bishop Slattery responds to … Continue reading
I ask your kindness. Fr. Pedro Escribano of the Society of Jesus Christ the Priest, in the Diocese of Madison, is undergoing a delicate brain tumor operation today (Friday). Would you please remember Father in your prayers?
Glendon, George react to Obama’s “morally obtuse”, “insult to the intelligence”, and “cheap accounting trick”
CatholicVote has been doing us all a great service these days in tracking Pres. Obama’s attack on the Catholic Church and on the 1st Amendment rights of all Americans in his pursuit of power and his agenda. The following letter, … Continue reading
From The Catholic League: OBAMA’S PLOY ADDS INSULT TO INJURY February 10, 2012 Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on President Obama’s revised healthcare plan as it affects Catholic institutions: President Obama’s latest ploy just adds insult to injury. If … Continue reading
From the site of the USCCB: Bishops Studying Initial White House Movement On Religious Liberty February 10, 2012 New opportunity to dialogue with executive branch Too soon to tell whether and how much improvement on core concerns Commitment to religious … Continue reading
Here are links to posts which are scrolling along. Pres. Obama’s “Plan B” compromise, Sr. Keehan, and the Magisterium of Nuns WDTPRS 6th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “kissing the porch” Pres. Obama’s “Plan B”. 1953 – Pius XII to American … Continue reading
Even before Pres. Obama made the announcement that he is taking his “Plan B” pill, an exponent of the Magisterium of Nuns, Sr. Carol Keehan of the Catholic Health Association (which – against the US bishops – gave cover to … Continue reading