Search Fr. Z’s Blog
Shopping online through Amazon?
Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
New material about Mother, including details about a trip she made to the far East after she had her stroke and about torments by the Devil in her cell. Some of the proceeds of the sales will go to supper Mother's community of sisters.
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
- MaryofSharon said I wasn’t able to attend this procession, but...
- Raymond said I lived and worked in Madrid 2005-2007, visited la...
- Jack in NH said Well, this falls under “brick by brick”...
- Gerhard said The attack on the church is only just beginning. O...
- Semper Gumby said Paella and tapas and…Buen provecho. It’...
- Gerhard said Non possumus. Und damit basta!
- Venerator Sti Lot said robtbrown, Did you end up assisting a bit, to enjo...
- kurtmasur said Given that Father Z is no vegetarian, and that Spa...
- Grumpy Beggar said @majuscule : Sorry for doubling up on the same top...
- Montenegro said I haven’t been to Madrid since the 1980s. I...
- Mike said Yea, the bull doesn’t need a sword; he’...
- leon said Women should not be it the sanctuary. Council of L...
- Kathleen10 said It would be a fight if the bull had a sword. Or i...
- xsosdid said The problem isn’t organization (though I agr...
- acardnal said Oh! And enjoy the tapas bars! They’re free
- acardnal said I spent about a month in Spain on business and ple...
- Tina in Ashburn said At the E.F. Fr. T gave a good homily for Corpus Ch...
- WmHesch said Perhaps you might consider chaplain-ing a group of...
- Tina in Ashburn said Spain. A wonderful country! I haven’t been s...
- Gail F said The priest at Mass on Sunday mentioned that “...
- Gail F said You are entirely right. The Left is very, very, ve...
- Tony Phillips said Margate, evening EF sung Mass. Fr F’s sermo...
- APX said I know next to nothing about Madrid. You can get r...
- MONDAY EDITION – Big Pulpit said […] Some ‘Amoris Lætitia’ News – Fr. J...
- jbincj said Restaurant recommendation: El Botin – for t...
- benedetta said robtbrown, That is quite interesting, than you for...
- matthew2368 said If you’re Buddhist :-)
- Muv said Congratulations on your first visit to Spain, Fr Z...
- Janol said “BULL FIGHT!” Grief.
- matthew2368 said Bullfighting is neither a sport nor a fight- you...
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Some current reading…
Must read for priests, seminarians, anyone interested in beauty in our sacred liturgical worship of God... Signs of the Holy One: Liturgy, Ritual, and Expression of the Sacred by Uwe Michael Lang [UK link HERE]
God or Nothing: A Conversation on Faith by Robert Card. Sarah
Buy it. Get one for your parish priests. UK HERE
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Spain Day 1: Jerónimo and Real Deal
- Goals for Faithful Catholics in this time of confusion
- Rome – Day 5-6: Processions and Purgatories
- WDTPRS – Corpus Christi: I affirm my subjugation to Christ vanquisher of hell and my sins.
- Your Corpus Christi sermon, procession notes
- Brick By Brick in Ohio
- ACTION ITEM! Survey on Deaconettes! Please help.
- Rome – Day 3-4: Anniversary and guts
- Some ‘Amoris laetitia’ news
- More on the question of deaconettes
- Card. Sarah: “it is essential that the priest and faithful look together towards the east.”
- SSPX reconciliation. I think it might happen.
- Fr. Z’s 25th Anniversary of Ordination
- Rome – Day 2: DOC and berries
- Rome – Day 1: Not quite out of the way Churches
- ASK FATHER: Should I say “Amen” if the priest is making up prayers?
- ROME – Day 0.5: Et In Arcadia Ego
- Your Good News
- My View For Awhile: Silver Edition
- Beware of scams and fraud
- ASK FATHER: Is divorce never an option?
- ASK FATHER: Q&A instead of homily
- Your Trinity Sunday Sermon Notes
- Benedict XVI says he never told anyone the publication of the Third Secret of Fatima was incomplete
- Explain the Trinity? No problem! WDTPRS Trinity Sunday
- Thanks and Request for Prayers
- Wherein Fr. Z asks the readership for information – UPDATE
- Synodality? Collegiality? Not so much.
- WDTPRS – Trinity Sunday: Shared glory, Majesty’s gift
- NEW BOOK on Mother Angelica with never before published information
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Daily Archives: 13 February 2012
In honor of the Westminster Dog Show, be sure to check out “Yellow Dog” at the very bottom of this blog page. You can find “Yellow Dog” there, even when this entry scrolls away. UPDATE: Snack during the Westminster Show. … Continue reading
A lot of liberals whined about the Apostolic Visitation of communities of women religious. “Why should they have to be subjected to this investigation?”, they whinnied. Why? I didn’t catch this the other day, 10Feb, but it doesn’t surprise in … Continue reading
What’s next? Pres. Obama has attacked the 1st Amendment. He is trying to tell the Church what it must do in a matter of conscience based on natural law, reason, and doctrine. The first clause of the 1st Amendment concerns freedom … Continue reading
The Archbishop of Philadelphia, Most Rev. Charles Chaput, has a good opinion piece in the Philadelphia Inquirer about Pres. Obama’s modifications of his attack on the 1st Amendment (“Plan B”). Read the whole thing, but here is an excerpt from … Continue reading
All weekend I saw news items about the US Catholic Church resisting the Obama Administration over “CONTRACEPTION”. When the story came up on the television, across the screen there would be a graphic saying, inevitably, “Contraception”. No. This is not … Continue reading
Was there a good point from the sermon you heard during Mass over the weekend? Relate it here. BTW… I had a note last week from someone asking if I posted these entries on Monday to try to get you … Continue reading
Do you have good news to share with everyone?
The Guild of Blessed Titus Brandsma, for Catholic bloggers and those who use the new media, will be meeting at Fr Tim Finigan’s parish, Our Lady of the Rosary (Blackfen), this coming Saturday, 18 February. The day will begin with … Continue reading