"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- CruceSignati said Praise the Lord! I have my reasons to be joyful to...
- Per Signum Crucis said For the principal Masses in the principal churches...
- rcg said Two minor and very late comments: Alton Brown sa...
- robtbrown said Excalibur, That strong-armed attitude of liberal...
- robtbrown said Also Nb that in 1920: The thought of Einstein, Fr...
- robtbrown said TMC, Keep in mind that Garrigou LaGrange was muc...
- Andreas said With reference to, “Latin is now sometimes r...
- Supertradmum said Well, a priest does not have to be either a cardin...
- Amateur Scholastic said An excellent way to overcome the disgraceful situa...
- Robert of Rome said Ignatius, in answer to your question, the Spanish...
- excalibur said Meanwhile, there apperas to be a nascent move to r...
- Will D. said I’m with Mike: there’s a lot of unplea...
- robtbrown said Charles E Flynn, Neither did I. That’s why...
- robtbrown said The Masked Chicken says: Dear robtbrown, You wrot...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Dear Masked Chicken, Thank you very much for linki...
- frjim4321 said Hope it is a safe trip.
- Charles E Flynn said The Tardis is not ready, but changes may be coming...
- Kathleen10 said Yeah but she stuck the landing!
- Netmilsmom said Really, be honest. Are you The Doctor? Wouldn...
- nrapkoch said From October…1000 people on a Tuesday during...
- YorkshireStudent said I sense an International Traditionalist Conspiracy...
- Mike said Ah, but two weeks on a steamer was no treat, IR...
- Mike said Ah, but two weeks on a steamer was no treat, IR...
- Brian K said “Dogma on Draught” is such a nice soun...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said It is, indeed, a chore.
- VexillaRegis said Dear host, what’s going on with the posting...
- Mike said Done.
- Supertradmum said What a brilliant actor and such a sad man…I...
- Supertradmum said Once a king and queen in Narnia, always a king and...
- Mike said When I see the porn cliché slapped onto something...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- MIAMI: TLMs bringing in young people
- My View For Awhile: Allons Y Edition
- Paris – Day 7: Shells and bones
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
- Now is the time! Romanorum coetibus!
- QUESTION FOR READERS: Our Lady of Clergy image – in Paris?
- PARIS – Day 5: Miraculous Edition
- Wherein Benedict XVI is now channeling his inner Augustine
- What’s up with the false English translation of the Synod’s Final Report?
- Courageous Priest ACTION ITEM!
- PARIS – Day 4: Le déjeuner sur le Musée d’Orsay
- Card. Burke – off the leash – in Ireland
- PARIS – Day 3: Winged Edition
- VIDEO: Figuring out this pontificate
- It’s time to build camps! Dangerous illegal immigrants invading!
- 22 Jan 2015 – Washington DC – Pontifical Mass for Nellie Gray, March for Life
- PARIS – Day 1 & 2: at a snail’s pace
- Seal of Confession holds even after penitents die
- JUST TOO COOL: Who knows what happens to your lost stuff!
- A brief glance at articles analyzing the Pope Francis and Card. Burke saga
- My View For Awhile: R&R trip
- WDTPRS – 33rd Ordinary Sunday: thoughts on the “sign of peace”
- Days after 2014 Synod closes, CDF responds to question on absolution for civilly remarried
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 13 February 2012
In honor of the Westminster Dog Show, be sure to check out “Yellow Dog” at the very bottom of this blog page. You can find “Yellow Dog” there, even when this entry scrolls away.
Snack during the Westminster Show.
And … Continue reading
A lot of liberals whined about the Apostolic Visitation of communities of women religious.
“Why should they have to be subjected to this investigation?”, they whinnied.
I didn’t catch this the other day, 10Feb, but it doesn’t surprise in the least.
From the … Continue reading
Pres. Obama has attacked the 1st Amendment. He is trying to tell the Church what it must do in a matter of conscience based on natural law, reason, and doctrine.
The first clause of the 1st Amendment concerns freedom of … Continue reading
The Archbishop of Philadelphia, Most Rev. Charles Chaput, has a good opinion piece in the Philadelphia Inquirer about Pres. Obama’s modifications of his attack on the 1st Amendment (“Plan B”). Read the whole thing, but here is an excerpt from … Continue reading
All weekend I saw news items about the US Catholic Church resisting the Obama Administration over “CONTRACEPTION”. When the story came up on the television, across the screen there would be a graphic saying, inevitably, “Contraception”.
No. This is not principally … Continue reading
Was there a good point from the sermon you heard during Mass over the weekend?
Relate it here.
BTW… I had a note last week from someone asking if I posted these entries on Monday to try to get you to pay … Continue reading
The Guild of Blessed Titus Brandsma, for Catholic bloggers and those who use the new media, will be meeting at Fr Tim Finigan’s parish, Our Lady of the Rosary (Blackfen), this coming Saturday, 18 February.
The day will begin with Holy … Continue reading