You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- pmullane said Supertradmum: “The route to holiness must be...
- Supertradmum said We have one priority. To cooperate with God to liv...
- dnicoll said As John Donne may have said: No man is an Iland, i...
- Athelstan said It’s true that the new translation is not pe...
- Midwest St. Michael said Oh man! Thanks for posting this, Fr. Z. :) As a l...
- pmullane said Yes! For someone trying to properly participate, M...
- Navarricano said E-mail duly sent, Father. And thank you very much...
- Supertradmum said Thank you for posting this. I have been trying to...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Deo Gratias, and e-mail sent!
- Joe of St Thérèse said The most ab libbed part of the Mass I have seen is...
- chriskelly said Father, referring to my previous post – do...
- Woodlawn said Fr. Z said: “Apparently the separation of ch...
- torch621 said @muckemdanno Yes they are in full communion with t...
- jilly4ski said sirlouis, Saint John’s University School of...
- Hank Igitur said Kitchen island? Silly me, I have always thought th...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Get like minded boys that wish to kneel serving on...
- Tina in Ashburn said Yippee.
- muckemdanno said Uh-oh…this priest has used the “E̶...
- Venerator Sti Lot said A.J. Schulte’s 1907 “Altar (in Liturgy...
- Kathleen10 said What fools we mortals be. We throw away a tapestry...
- Joseph-Mary said My pastor will follow the sacramentary but does lo...
- Nan said @Gail F, you have failed to read the fine print. W...
- iPadre said Since I have been a bit under the weather for the...
- Geoffrey said Celebrating the Liturgy of the Eucharist “ad...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Thank you, cathgrl, that answers my question.
- Jack Phinn said Almighty God, our heavenly Father, we understand t...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said I very much hope this poor soul, who committed the...
- cathgrl said A guy walked into a church during Mass and killed...
- Cazienza said APX said: “AT” the altar. This is really starting...
- sirlouis said The full report says that all 178 Latin rite dioce...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Daily Archives: 21 February 2012
Where does Card. Dolan get that gift of glib gab? I’m guessing it was from his mother.
During an audience in Rome, Card. Dolan was able to present his mother to the Pope.
According to the NY Post, the Holy Father, … Continue reading
Some posts which are scrolling along.
First, I will remind you that:
Starbucks endorses unnatural “marriage”. Buy Mystic Monk Coffee, not Starbucks.
Now that I have said that, here are some links:
LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday – the series begins
Plant grown from 30,000 year … Continue reading
Fr. Leo Patalinghug, who does some cooking now and then, has a good video commentary on how Pres. Obama is undermining the 1st Amendment and, well, lying to us.
This is the sort of video that could appeal to young people, … Continue reading
From POPSCI comes this story for your “Just Too Cool” file.
Russian Scientists Grow Pleistocene-Era Plants From Seeds Buried By Squirrels 30,000 Years Ago
On the frozen edge of the Kolyma River in northeastern Siberia, in an ancient pantry harboring seeds and … Continue reading
Brick by brick in Madison, WI, one of the wackiest liberal locales in the US of A.
The great Bishop of Madison, Most Rev. Robert Morlino, about whom I have written quite a few times (his tag), has made a change … Continue reading
WDTPRS kudos go out to His Excellency Most Rev. Frank Dewayne, Bishop of Venice in Florida for a diocese-wide effort, called “The Light Is On” campaign, to get people to go to confession during Lent.
The diocese has bought time on … Continue reading
There is a thought provoking piece at The Catholic Thing by Fr. James Schall, SJ, a professor at Georgetown. He muses about a future in which we will have to withdraw from participation in public life, or at least in … Continue reading
There was a partial eclipse of the Sun today, Spaceweather reports, but you had to be in space to see it. More precisely, you had to be the Solar Dynamics Observatory in geosynchronous orbit 36,000 km above the surface of … Continue reading
This popped into my head this morning.
For what it’s worth…
Technorati Tags: Buffalo Springfield, religious liberty
A reader sent me this.
It contains comments made by His Eminence Francis Card. George, Archbishop of Chicago.
In 2010, Cardinal Francis George of Chicago outlined the degree to which he believed religious freedoms (in the United States and other Western societies) … Continue reading