Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Rouxfus said Er: “…. triumphal over the serpentR
- Rouxfus said The shots of the statue of St. Michel triumphal ov...
- JuliB said Kristyn – you and me both. I con/re-verted...
- Kathleen10 said Party of the first part should have legal recourse...
- Stephen Matthew said Speaking as someone with some experience with some...
- Charles E Flynn said This is what happens when a new structure undermin...
- Netmilsmom said WOW! Normally the combox of most articles fills w...
- Michael said After this special Mass to commemorate the vernacu...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Someday, the Church will get out in front of techn...
- Stephen Matthew said Are not the blessings given at the end of papal ma...
- gracie said Separate from everything else – who knows if...
- John Grammaticus said I wonder if in Argentinian seminaries they teach h...
- benedetta said I find it particularly fascinating that as the you...
- Elizabeth D said I think you must realize I am not putting down oth...
- The Masked Chicken said “I wonder, but hope it will remain a hypothe...
- The Masked Chicken said “Gernetzke applied to the diocese to become...
- LarryW2LJ said This thread brought a question to mind. I guess b...
- Phil_NL said In the category “I wonder, but hope it will...
- ies0716 said pelerin – maybe I’m the only ignorant...
- andia said Thanks for this. I wondered what that type of R...
- WGS said I’m reminded of Fr. Damien of the leper colo...
- New Sister said Deacon “must be face-to-face”… I
- Stu said I was enjoying a beer in a NYC bar one night with...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Aquinas Gal, You know, I expect, that the Prayer &...
- Elizabeth D said Allen S said: “So…even Protestants and other...
- Matt Robare said Even if the person isn’t Catholic the Archdi...
- Aquinas Gal said Interesting about the Dominican rite. I didn’...
- Aquinas Gal said Certainly there’s no question that such conf...
- pelerin said ies0716 – I am not sure how a Catholic could...
- Andreas said All of this brings to mind the electronic confessi...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Spectacular video of Mont Saint-Michel
- “They paved paradise and they put up a….”
- Renaissance triumphalist crowing both in bad taste and divisive
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM: Let’s get a custom breastplate for a Swiss Guard. We are ready to do it!
- ASK FATHER: Confession and absolution via text message? Phone? VOIP?
- LENTCAzT 14: Tuesday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Stole-less confession. Okay?
- UPDATE: D. Madison: Bp. Morlino and the surge of priestly vocations (Parts 1 & 2)
- It’s NOT a “women’s issue” it’s a “human rights” issue.
- LENTCAzT 13: Monday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Membership in a parish, borders, registration
- LENTCAzT 12: 2nd Sunday of Lent
- Internet to be regulated by Feds… what could possibly go wrong?
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- What the Duke wanted for his daughter
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 21 February 2012
Where does Card. Dolan get that gift of glib gab? I’m guessing it was from his mother.
During an audience in Rome, Card. Dolan was able to present his mother to the Pope.
According to the NY Post, the Holy Father, … Continue reading
Some posts which are scrolling along.
First, I will remind you that:
Starbucks endorses unnatural “marriage”. Buy Mystic Monk Coffee, not Starbucks.
Now that I have said that, here are some links:
LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday – the series begins
Plant grown from 30,000 year … Continue reading
Fr. Leo Patalinghug, who does some cooking now and then, has a good video commentary on how Pres. Obama is undermining the 1st Amendment and, well, lying to us.
This is the sort of video that could appeal to young people, … Continue reading
From POPSCI comes this story for your “Just Too Cool” file.
Russian Scientists Grow Pleistocene-Era Plants From Seeds Buried By Squirrels 30,000 Years Ago
On the frozen edge of the Kolyma River in northeastern Siberia, in an ancient pantry harboring seeds and … Continue reading
Brick by brick in Madison, WI, one of the wackiest liberal locales in the US of A.
The great Bishop of Madison, Most Rev. Robert Morlino, about whom I have written quite a few times (his tag), has made a change … Continue reading
WDTPRS kudos go out to His Excellency Most Rev. Frank Dewayne, Bishop of Venice in Florida for a diocese-wide effort, called “The Light Is On” campaign, to get people to go to confession during Lent.
The diocese has bought time on … Continue reading
There is a thought provoking piece at The Catholic Thing by Fr. James Schall, SJ, a professor at Georgetown. He muses about a future in which we will have to withdraw from participation in public life, or at least in … Continue reading
There was a partial eclipse of the Sun today, Spaceweather reports, but you had to be in space to see it. More precisely, you had to be the Solar Dynamics Observatory in geosynchronous orbit 36,000 km above the surface of … Continue reading
This popped into my head this morning.
For what it’s worth…
A reader sent me this.
It contains comments made by His Eminence Francis Card. George, Archbishop of Chicago.
In 2010, Cardinal Francis George of Chicago outlined the degree to which he believed religious freedoms (in the United States and other Western societies) … Continue reading