Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- anna 6 said I am praying that someone involved in the planning...
- Lynn Diane said This is not a highly transmissible infectious agen...
- Elizabeth D said Whoever spoke the Klingon prayer did about as good...
- philologus said (nunc sine signis “apecibus”. Vale.) Q...
- RJHighland said It has been about 4 yrs. since I have experienced...
- Legisperitus said Father, I have as much sense of humor and apprecia...
- sugrue said On Sunday, I am helping my daughter move up to Blo...
- iPadre said I have exercised my option of not doing the Sign o...
- Juergensen said It’s just a coincidence that Obama is allowi...
- excalibur said Meriam is free! http://www.christianpost.com/news...
- SKAY said Hamas shoots 20 anti war protesters http://www.the...
- SKAY said As you say, Father–what could go wrong? The...
- Siculum said This was posted in “Lighter Fare.” If
- Elizabeth D said A CATHOLIC PRIEST attended the certainly-invalid &...
- iamlucky13 said Even as someone who grew up with the Novus Ordo, t...
- Luvadoxi said I found that my diocesan paper fits perfectly in m...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said acardnal says: I await in great anticipation…...
- acardnal said Fr Z, speaking of your Kindle Wish List, you said...
- raininnewark said Father – this response is much like one you...
- Iconophilios said I got to dig around the vault and storage rooms at...
- CruceSignati said In 2011, I met this guy who was a few years older...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Some good news for those of us who hate the Ordina...
- philologus said Quidem nonnumquam eos easque audivi infidel?s, te,...
- NYer said The Portiuncola is very dear to my heart. In 1985...
- einkleinerknabe said I don’t mind the sign of peace if it is shor...
- acardnal said “Birettiquette” is in eminent use in t
- Matt R said It would seem it is from the Mass for the 100th an...
- Matt R said If one is traveling and is in the vicinity of Steu...
- Boniface said At OF masses without a choir I’ve attended i...
- FrGriffin said This is not just any old Pontifical Mass, it is th...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Qapla’! INTERNET PRAYER UPDATE: KLINGON (AUDIO)
- INTERNET PRAYER UPDATE: JAPANESE!
- Ebola Virus – No worries! Right?
- ASK FATHER: Should I attend or avoid a civil marriage of a Catholic?
- First of the month “thanks” to donors and senders
- WDTPRS 18th Ordinary Sunday: clear, cold reality
- VIDEO 1950 – Pontifical Mass in Westminster Cathedral
- Cong. for Worship considers (’bout time) more dignified “Sign of Peace”. POLL
- 2 August until midnight: “Portiuncula” Plenary (or Partial) Indulgence
- 31 July: St. Ignatius of Loyola – Of the Church Militant and book shredding
- Nancy Pelosi rides again!
- Meltdown Countdown: Fishwrap on the Synod
- It’s a terrible thought: dying excommunicated…
- INTERNET PRAYER UPDATE: Tagalog AUDIO added (Klingon on the way)
- Card. Pell: Holder of Vatican purse strings, celebrant of Traditional Roman Rite
- JUST TOO COOL: Acuity Flagpole Project
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition
- Dust up in Paraguay
- Some positive items
- Card. Müller’s book-length interview: refutes Communion for divorced and civilly remarried
- His Hermeneuticalness, priest and hacker
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: February 2012
The unhinged lefty liberals are having a spittle-flecked nutty about Sen. Rick Santorum.
Liberal hack Richard Cohen of the WaPo:
Mullah Rick has spoken.
He wants religion returned to “the public square,” is opposed to contraception, premarital sex and abortion under any circumstances, … Continue reading
Have you wanted to use the older form of the office, the Roman Breviary, but haven’t been able to do it because your Latin isn’t strong enough or you couldn’t figure out how to do it?
You are in luck.
Today I … Continue reading
Santorum’s Catholicism, candidacy, and Archbp. Chaput’s address “The Vocation of Christians in American Public Life”
It is timely to haul this old PODCAzT out of cold storage. In light of presidential candidate Rick Santorum’s comments about Pres. Kennedy and Catholicism and the public square, let’s review Archbp. Chaput’s outstanding address in Houston in 2010.
This could … Continue reading
Today is Tuesday of the 1st Week of Lent. The Roman Station is S. Anastasia al Palatino. The titular cardinal is His Eminence Godfried Card. Danneels of Mechelen-Brussels.
Thought: From Ven. Bede about Jesus cursing the fig tree – a warning to … Continue reading
From a reader:
Someone told me that it is wrong to do penance on Sundays during Lent. Are Sundays part of Lent? The “forty days” seem to be the week days only. Also, we hear that every Sunday … Continue reading
This is what Huffington Post is offering on 24 February from the pen of the self-amused Larry Doyle.
Larry Doyle is supposed to be a humor writer, a humorist. He writes for sophomoric TV shows.
I don’t know if he was trying … Continue reading
Let us know about some good thing that is happening in your lives.
Since it was the 1st Sunday of Lent, I have no doubt but that you heard a spiffing good sermon during Holy Mass.
Tell us some good point!
From a reader:
Tonight the cantor (instead of the priest) sung the part between the our father and the doxology. Is that something I should be writing the bishop about, since I have a hunch it happens every week at this … Continue reading
From a reader:
Reverend and dear Father:
I would like to thank you and all priests.
Because of your blog and other priests’ blogs on the net I have gone to a full and complete confession for the first time in years.
It is really … Continue reading