Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Dutchman said Wow. A punch to the gut quickly followed by the ba...
- catholictrad said I thought blaspheming the Christian religion and l...
- VexillaRegis said I believe Mr Foley was in good hands all the time...
- AgricolaDeHammo said I’m going to put on my curmudgeon hat and sa...
- VexillaRegis said Scott W says: I’m not a Latin expert, but would th...
- JARay said I too will join in praying for James.
- Kate said Thank you for sharing this, Father – it is t...
- jbryant said Bishop Sheen’s “Mary & the Moslems...
- Philippa Martyr said Philippa, did you know the words and music to Amaz...
- Kerry said Neville Chamberlain gets the goat for the “P...
- robtbrown said Bjaneway529 says: Another time, another priest a...
- Volanges said I read the book when my kids had it assigned to th...
- TNCath said As a high school teacher, permit me to play “...
- Mojoron said Me good, we take care of the poor. You bad, you wa...
- Joe in Canada said “Environmental racism”?
- janeway529 said Speaking of Broadway musicals, I remember one prie...
- drohan said That is inspiring. It is important for people to...
- capchoirgirl said The book came out in the 1990s, so it is actually...
- Defender of Truth said ecs: In no way am I a democratic troll. If you can...
- DetJohn said My, it was bad to dump a student for a bless you;...
- vetusta ecclesia said The utter nonsense on that Tiffen site is really w...
- gracie said I watched the trailer for ‘Giver’ and...
- Susan M said In his very last moments , looking closely, we can...
- rtrainque said I recently listened to an Audio Sancto sermon wher...
- eiggam said Sr. Nancy Schreck was one of my high school religi...
- Rachel K said Fr Z, I a, so glad you mentioned this link between...
- Bob B. said Let’s not forget who trained and armed ISIS...
- MariaKap said “Why is it that all the mass killers in movi...
- hald said The Giver may have been funded by the Weinsteins,...
- albizzi said The mightiest victory of the Holy Rosary was that...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Of “rubber bullets”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Michael Voris interviewed, speaks of the role of singles
- “Stand your ground armed with spiritual weapons!”
- LCWR wrap up
- NYC – Manhattan’s Church of the Holy Innocents – VIDEO
- Just for nice
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Home again, home again
- Bourbon country…
- My View For Awhile: Pontifical Edition
- GLOBAL KILLER ASTEROID ALERT (in other words… GO TO CONFESSION!)
- STUDENTS, PARENTS: Text Books, Back To School, and You
- PRP – 4th Glorious Mystery: The Assumption
- New art from Daniel Mitsui. Inculturation Alert!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: February 2012
The unhinged lefty liberals are having a spittle-flecked nutty about Sen. Rick Santorum.
Liberal hack Richard Cohen of the WaPo:
Mullah Rick has spoken.
He wants religion returned to “the public square,” is opposed to contraception, premarital sex and abortion under any circumstances, … Continue reading
Have you wanted to use the older form of the office, the Roman Breviary, but haven’t been able to do it because your Latin isn’t strong enough or you couldn’t figure out how to do it?
You are in luck.
Today I … Continue reading
Santorum’s Catholicism, candidacy, and Archbp. Chaput’s address “The Vocation of Christians in American Public Life”
It is timely to haul this old PODCAzT out of cold storage. In light of presidential candidate Rick Santorum’s comments about Pres. Kennedy and Catholicism and the public square, let’s review Archbp. Chaput’s outstanding address in Houston in 2010.
This could … Continue reading
Today is Tuesday of the 1st Week of Lent. The Roman Station is S. Anastasia al Palatino. The titular cardinal is His Eminence Godfried Card. Danneels of Mechelen-Brussels.
Thought: From Ven. Bede about Jesus cursing the fig tree – a warning to … Continue reading
From a reader:
Someone told me that it is wrong to do penance on Sundays during Lent. Are Sundays part of Lent? The “forty days” seem to be the week days only. Also, we hear that every Sunday … Continue reading
This is what Huffington Post is offering on 24 February from the pen of the self-amused Larry Doyle.
Larry Doyle is supposed to be a humor writer, a humorist. He writes for sophomoric TV shows.
I don’t know if he was trying … Continue reading
Let us know about some good thing that is happening in your lives.
Since it was the 1st Sunday of Lent, I have no doubt but that you heard a spiffing good sermon during Holy Mass.
Tell us some good point!
From a reader:
Tonight the cantor (instead of the priest) sung the part between the our father and the doxology. Is that something I should be writing the bishop about, since I have a hunch it happens every week at this … Continue reading
From a reader:
Reverend and dear Father:
I would like to thank you and all priests.
Because of your blog and other priests’ blogs on the net I have gone to a full and complete confession for the first time in years.
It is really … Continue reading