Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- rcg: It might be that Martel is merely being consistent with modern homosexual social theory: that everyone has ‘gay’ desires and only the bravest act on them. So the conscious congregati on of...
- Semper Gumby: “Rig hts ALWAYS carry duties, though. There is no such thing as a right without a duty.̶ 1; Amen. “Add itionally, service is a privilege; it is never a right.R 21;...
- johnnys: What a gullibull! What a nimcowpoop !
- hilltop: So many folks’ appreciati on for classical music comes from Bugs. When listening to a famous piece on the radio, my wife will storm into the room and tell me what Bugs, or Elmer were doing...
- HyacinthClare: Whenever my husband and I get lost in the car (we are in our mid-70s), we look at each other and say, “I shouldda turned left at Albuquerqu e.” And just LAUGH!!
- Imrahil: Yes, as one priest respondent to the NYT article alluded, any of us are free to leave – that is a right that you have. The priest respondent was wrong. A priest is never able to leave...
- OrdinaryCatholic: “I’l l add that I have been to the bullfights in Madrid and look forward to going again. So there.R 21; GASP!!! …lay s down in a fetal position in his safe space&...
- Ben Kenobi: Reward?! Ugh. This is no different than Bishop Cupich speaking on marriage. Please, Father. It grieves those of us in the pews who specifical ly made the decision to turn AWAY from...
- Diane: Darn, couldnR 17;t see it. Looks like it was removed.
- Diane: Praying Father, that all the tinkering goes well! This is a great place!
- hilltop: My heavens??? Thank you, Father! What a time. Triumph of Good over Evil. David decapitate d Goliath and held the head aloft for the World to see. Briefly, the errors of Russia ceased to be...
- surritter: Sorry GHP, but my vote has to go to veritas vincit! Can’ t help but laugh out loud whenever Bugs gives his “Alb uquerque 8221; line. I want to think that Fr. Z agrees :)
- veritas vincit: “I knew I shoulda made that left toin at Albe-coy-k ee.” Thanks Fr Z, for reminding me of one of my favorite cartoons from my favorite wascally wabbit!
- Spinmamma: I will most definitely remember this work in my prayers.
- Spinmamma: Lo-o-o-ve me some Bugs Bunny. I have never moved passed my delight in those cartoon. So many good ones to choose from. “Wel come to my shop, Let me cut your mop, d-a-i-n-ti -ly,...
- GHP: One of my favorite lines is contained herein. Hmmmmmmm 8230; could it be either: “Of course, you know, this means war!” ; or “Wha t a maroon. 221; ??? –Guy
- VP: About those “ 230;little surprise beans that shoot out of his head on the hill… ;” I kept looking for tiny images of Max Faggioli but could not find them. Can you help out?
- Maximilian75: Could one possible feature be a ‘Ran dom Post’ ; button or a better, quicker way to read old articles? Often times I want some ‘new ’ (to me) Fr. Z goodness but...
- teomatteo: Tonight comedy! Yes, i like. But… favorite lines, “sto p steam̵ 7;n up my tail, whata ‘ya try’ n to do wrinkle it?” Maybe? Now how many kids would get...
- Semper Gumby: According to Marx and Engels, this triumph of the Imperialis t Running Dogs over Glorious Soviet Paradise should not have happened. Though, Soviet propagandi sts may have avoided the...
- iamlucky13: As I am unaware of what ties link this book or its author to Pope Francis, much less whether he himself finds the book credible or supports its distributi on, I’m concerned in...
- Gab: Bless you, Father. What marvelous imaginatio n that developed the story line! That was delightful and a nice reminder of my steady diet of Bugs Bunny cartoons of my childhood. I̵...
- Austin Steele: It’s true that these problems seem so distant until they happen close by. Someone vandalized a statue in my parish just this week. No apparent affiliatio n with Islam, but...
- seeker: Of note is the significan ce of Caesarea Philippi. There is a cave there thought to be too deep to measure, and a limitless source of water. It was believed to be a dwelling of the god Pan...
- Benedict Joseph: “Tra pped” ; in the priesthood . That lad appears to be trapped in self-decep tion and a lack of faith. I honestly can’ t believe that anyone could utter such a...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Something light for Friday
- The appallingly stupid “gay” book about the Vatican by the “gay” French writer
- Blog maintenance underway now and for some time to come
- Archbishop Viganò to participants in the Rome “summit” #PBC2019
- Military chaplain reacts to whiny “gay” priests
- 22 February 1980: Miracle on Ice
- My View For Awhile: Rapid Western Strike – RETURN TRIP
- Bob Hope makes insightful observation
- These, ladies and gentlemen, are men.
- Mighty St. Thérèse, victim of “fake news” and the cruelty of libs
- New book from Card. Sarah
- Open Letter From Cardinals Burke and Brandmüller to Conferences of Bishops: “The plague of the homosexual agenda has been spread within the Church”
- Fr. Finigan @FatherTF and the importance of memorization
- During the Rome “summit” we celebrate the Feast of St Peter Damian, Doctor of the Church
- Rome abuse “summit”, an SSPX video, and an @fatherz Jeremiad
- The Rome “summit”, “gay” priests, and #sodoclericalism – Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr. Rutler’s Weekly Column
- BOOK RECEIVED: 1962 Parish Ritual – HUZZAH!
- Archbp. Viganò offers thoughts on The Present Crisis before the Rome “Summit”
- Suffering and attacks on the Church’s “Eldest Daughter”
- Mister McCarrick
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Shiny little fish!
- Interesting observation by @CCPecknold about laicization of McCarrick
- WDTPRS – Septuagesima Sunday: PRE-LENT BEGINS!
- Of Flaring Suns and Starry Nights
- A quick book plug: A Catholic Introduction to the Bible: The Old Testament
- Opportunity: R.I.P.
- POLL: Prayers after Mass
- “Know also this, that, in the last days, shall come dangerous times.”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Monthly Archives: March 2012
I get reams of email from people who, during confession, run into priests who don’t (or won’t) say the proper words of absolution, thus throwing them into doubts about whether or not they were validly absolved. Under another entry I … Continue reading
The artist Daniel Mitsui, in his newsletter, indicates that he has new art, including a representation of the Glorious Mysteries (a nice gift to a priest after Easter) and – this really caught my eye – the Four Last Things! … Continue reading
Every once in a while I get an email asking for the Act of Contrition in Latin. I am not sure why one would want to say her Act of Contrition in Latin. It seems to me that the Act … Continue reading
Many thank to all of you who voted for this blog in the About.com awards. We prevailed in the Best Catholic Blog category. I am also glad that so many other good blogs and sites and publications were highlighted during … Continue reading
I received a note from the Communications office of the Archdiocese of New York about Card. Dolan’s video containing a short message about Holy Week and Easter. It seems to be aimed at young people. Have a look and pass … Continue reading
From CNN: ‘Massive’ credit card data breach involves all major brands From FNC: MasterCard warns of possible security breach, Visa also reportedly affected Fr. Z’s Litany for the Conversion of Internet Thugs (2.0)
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks! I have had two versions of the Via Crucis, or Stations of the Cross available in audio files, one by St. Alphonsus Liguori and the other by Pope Benedict in 2005. For these click … Continue reading
Sandro Magister has a piece today about what is going with sacred music in Rome, more specifically via the Sistine Chapel Choir and the Pontifical Institute for Sacred Music. In a word: disaster. Here is the first part: Not Sacred … Continue reading
From the Catholic Sentinel: US bishops set March 30 as day of prayer, fasting for religious liberty Catholic News Service WASHINGTON — The U.S. bishops have urged Catholics and “all people of faith” across the nation to observe March 30 … Continue reading
Every once in a while people send in photos of their Z-Swag “in the wild”. Fun! From a reader: Got the CafePress delivery today and I went about to place the goods right away when I got off the train … Continue reading
In the last couple weeks I have had posts about boys playing “Mass”, one had a great video, one had a photo I took of a photo at the funeral of a 60-year priest. Yesterday I posted in a review of … Continue reading
Federal judge rules as unconstitutional Catholic pro-life provisions in Trafficking Victims Prevention Act
From CNA: Pro-life provisions in US bishops’ grant ruled unconstitutional By Kevin J. Jones Washington D.C., Mar 28, 2012 / 04:08 am (CNA/EWTN News).- A federal judge sparked criticism after he ruled unconstitutional the government’s accommodation of pro-life beliefs in … Continue reading
In the pre-Conciliar Missale Romanum this prayer was the Collect of the 23rd Sunday after Pentecost. COLLECT Absolve, quaesumus, Domine, tuorum delicta populorum, ut a peccatorum nexibus, quae pro nostra fragilitate contraximus, tua benignitate liberemur. In the ancient Veronese Sacramentary our prayer … Continue reading
I just watched the movie Courageous, about some men who decide they will make a special commitment to be better men and good fathers. The context is Georgia and the milieu is decidedly Baptist, though one of the main characters … Continue reading
Some music to accompany my preliminary rant. Read while listening. [wp_youtube]TVjDP0vlem4[/wp_youtube] I have seen sharp criticisms launched by lay people against bishops whom they accuse of being weak in the public debate about Pres. Obama’s attacks on the religious … Continue reading