- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Ben Kenobi said “They, i.e. e.g. the German bishops, do not...
- TheAcolyte said PS: there is no prohibition (or restriction) on a...
- OrthodoxChick said Praying for all of you here, and certainly, our de...
- TheAcolyte said It is clearly stated in all contemporary rubrical...
- The Masked Chicken said “The Eucharist is not a prize for the perfec...
- St. Epaphras said Another “two cents’ worth” by on...
- frahobbit said “But I say to you, that whosoever shall put away h...
- Ben Kenobi said “What about all those people who DID NOT get...
- Ben Kenobi said Father Z: I’m one of those folks who would s...
- Andrew said And today’s Latin tweet from Pontifex_ln rea...
- robtbrown said frjim4321 says: The Eucharist is not a prize for...
- LarryW2LJ said This is what has always puzzled me about some cath...
- robtbrown said It is not likely the Synod will settle the situati...
- Scott W. said The Eucharist is not a prize for the perfect but a...
- kpoterack said “Mueller is neither pope nor Time’s Person o...
- benedetta said Today I listened right through the post. I especi...
- Odhren said Not continuing to commit adultery is not a ‘...
- ocalatrad said This whole debate by the modernists is their typic...
- jacobi said “The Eucharist is not a prize for the perfect but...
- Marine Mom said All reason and natural enquiry must follow faith,...
- mrshopey said Also, a person who is trying to do what is right (...
- Odhren said If ADULTERY is not clearly a mortal sin excluding...
- Eliane said Mueller is neither pope nor Time’s Person o...
- Robbie said Maybe Archbishop Mueller’s piece was the def...
- Glennonite said Blogpost.
- kpoterack said Just to give some more information, in a recently...
- Latinmass1983 said I would imagine that in the past those who did the...
- Eliane said If Francis does not “put the kibosh” s...
- TomG said But of course fr jim doesn’t mean to imply t...
- mrshopey said And finishing up Fr. Jim’s comment about com...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday of Advent – “the childlike dash towards the long-desired thing”
- ADVENTCAzT 13: 2nd Friday of Advent – “the trees of the wood will clap their hands”
- Communion for divorced/remarried. Ed Peters on what’s at stake.
- QUAERITUR: Maniple on straw-subdeacon?
- TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM! Defend 2nd Amendment against Pres. Obama and UN Arms Treaty!
- On fear of the priest
- Another state bans abortion in Obamacare plans
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1st Year Anniversary of @Pontifex
- ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine Monks of Norcia: great end of year donation option!
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 2 March 2012
St. James Cathedral in Seattle was defaced with anti-Catholic spray-painted stenciled graffiti.
Nice choice of color.
Coming to a Catholic Church near you.
My heart and prayers go out to readers and their loved ones in the USA struck so hard by the powerful storms and tornadoes that did so much damage in so many places.
From lightning and tempests, spare us O Lord.
First, some important reminders.
Today is Friday, a 1st Friday, and most parishes have Stations of the Cross.
Please remember to vote for WDTPRS daily! Once per day!
Don’t forget the LENTCAzTs.
I am posting more and more of your pingbacks. Link to … Continue reading
NOW, the National Organization of Women, has been struggling to remain relevant for some years now. Mention NOW and most women will say “Who?”
NOW is having a spittle-flecked nutty about the fact that the Catholic Church is resisting Pres. Obama’s latest … Continue reading
Did you know that Pres. Obama’s closest science adviser, John Holdren, was a colleague of Paul Erlich, the chicken-little of resource scarcity due to over-population? If we don’t force the number of births down, we’ll run out of resources … Continue reading
Jesuit-controlled America Magazine recently caved in to the Obama Administration in the matter of Pres. Obama’s attack on the 1st Amendment and on the Catholic Church. In their role as a pipe for the Magisterium of Nuns, the magazine undercut … Continue reading
You know by now about the dust up in the Archdiocese of Washington DC, where a priest denied Holy Communion to a woman who had in private announced to him in an unrepentant way that she was a practicing lesbian. … Continue reading
Stations of the Cross.
Technorati Tags: LENT, Stations of the Cross
A priest with something to say:
Technorati Tags: Fr. John Hollowell, HHS, Planned Parenthood, Pres. Obama, religious liberty